18 coaches online • Server time: 04:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I build Wrestle/Dodge/Sidestep, for the line and everyone that survives that or roll stats get other roles.

But what is the best general build after? The choice you make if you don't need something specific. I would have said Jump-up, tackle, or Tackle/DT, but I'm not that sure anymore, due to recent changes in the environment.

What is the obvious choice?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Wrestle SS (and then dodge if they live that long.) Its incredibly annoying and great for marking the tackle players that your good players usually fear. But mainly Wrestle SS on all of them

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to pick dodge first, on all of them when I build a team, but higher up there is so much tackle that I now go Wrestle first, and wrestle, then SS makes more sense 2000+ TV for sure. I might even go W/SS/Fend.

But assuming you got your 3 skill build, what is the path after when they survived to star and superstar? I know it don't happen that often, but it does happen.
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go Wrestle, Dodge, Sidestep, (Kick on one guy), Fend, Tackle, Diving Tackle, but I tend to like the bread and butter skills, especially since some of my elf teams refuse to roll stats and doubles.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to use the same build strategy as with my High Elf Linos.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

i would make a blog too

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
I tend to pick dodge first, on all of them when I build a team, but higher up there is so much tackle that I now go Wrestle first, and wrestle, then SS makes more sense 2000+ TV for sure. I might even go W/SS/Fend.

But assuming you got your 3 skill build, what is the path after when they survived to star and superstar? I know it don't happen that often, but it does happen.

I really wouldnt waste my time with fend tbh. After Wrestle SS I would pick what ever my team lacks, Tackle has a nice synergy with SS and wrestle so an extra wrackler doesnt go amiss. Dodge on some is nice. Even Leap is okay for a back up. Dauntless has its uses too, but really it is just wrestle SS then dodge or tackle, they rarely live past that.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

blodge up, then consider other options

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a fan of fend but not on ag4. With 4ag even if they follow you can reliably dodge away unlike with ag2 or 3.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

huff wrote:
I'm a fan of fend but not on ag4. With 4ag even if they follow you can reliably dodge away unlike with ag2 or 3.

Well, if we take the basic skills, you just want to reduce the amount of blocks they take on the line.

Wrestle+sidestep means anyone gets only one block, not multiple attempts on the line. Dodge helps a lot lower down, higher up you tie up all tackle except the blitz guy on the line.

Going 3xBDssFn means basically two things, you happen to draw somebody with multiple PO guys in the first or second round of a tournament, and he wont take your line out.

Secondly, if you play somebody with one or two PO guys, you can man mark them, so they wont blitz, and you force them to stand up if they block the marking guy, you can counter block or counter blitz depending. Unfortunately, I have no experience with this latter variant, but it should work!!!

Now, if you play anyone else, this would mean 60 tv more or less wasted, as Tackle, DT or indeed Jump up would be a lot better vs those teams.

The third and last role of fend+ss is that if you get blitzed in a situation were you want to be able to catch a pass or score, or by a frenzy guy and you need to decide to cause a turnover or not you get the choice to optimize position.

I do have experience of this, but mostly with Dark elf blitzers (Caius Martius&Titus Lartius)

. Combos here is other alternative scorers (only one can be blitzed) and another player to give support (guard preferably) that you can step next to for that -2D second frenzy block.

Basically what fend does, with SS is to let you decide the positions of the players after all.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2013 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

If a LOS gvys gets a 2nd skill, thats pretty mvch a miracle in a competitive environment. Im assvming this bvild is for the covple of linos that get to hang ovt in the back field. if so, then my preference is for kick, DP and wrestle, strip ball, dodge. Often thovgh these are the +stat players so I'll take them case by case.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2013 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
If a LOS gvys gets a 2nd skill, thats pretty mvch a miracle in a competitive environment. Im assvming this bvild is for the covple of linos that get to hang ovt in the back field. if so, then my preference is for kick, DP and wrestle, strip ball, dodge. Often thovgh these are the +stat players so I'll take them case by case.

No; instead assume the competitive environment is R and PO does not happen.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2013 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Po only happens in tournaments :-9 well, I played 5 games out of 100 + vs teams with po, if we´re talking about the C team. But if you play a tournament you wont have an elf team left if you win, and we all want to win, right?
huff

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2013 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think of and take fend as a counter to PO, it is just a plus. I use Fend on ag3 guys so they can be mobile without having to dodge on a 3+ with or without dodge skill. You have SS to hopefully ensure that the dodge with your ag4 guy is a 2+, preferably with the dodge skill. I think of Fend as the AG3 SS in a way, and SF as the AG1/2 SS. Really all 3 skills are just positioning skills and I personally wouldn't take 2 of them on the same player.

I think you are so worried about bash/PO but at the same time you always just have the rostered 11 players.

My generic build for a Lino would be Block/Dodge/Guard/SS. Wrestle is good also but I wouldn't spam it as much as you advertise. You lose out on the big advantage of Blodge spam and having the majority of your players standing when your turn starts.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2013 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, I loose out, mainly vs teams with lots of unskilled linemen. wrestle is ok vs block or wrestle guy, but vs no-skill its just bad. But the advantages is live on the line, and get the ball. Both dedicated ball sackers (ie wrestle+tackle (+leap)) and those 2-3 skills linos have taken the ball on occasion.
-
Cant have more then 11 at other times then the start of a tournament, cash limit.
 Jump to: