56 coaches online • Server time: 13:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Muktar

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

My friend and I were thinking about it a lot and we though maybe have something like rat ogres but actually them for Eshin. Make them 6428 loner, frenzy, MB Skill access S (GAPM) Quantity 0-2, cost 100-90k not really certain on the price point.
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

My turn:

Eshin

Yes on the extra AV, especially for the Assassin.
No on the lower cost.

Gnoblar

Yes, and I don't think it would be a big deal. It shouldn't be a lot of them on pitch unless the rest of your team is out (3 biggies and 6 positionals)... and in that case you are in trouble either with av7 or av6.

Skryre

No. They are killing things, not rat centaurs. If they want to dodge they just need to get break tackle instead a killing skill on the first 3 rolls.

Forest Goblin

Yes.

Chaos Halflings

Yes.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

B_SIDE wrote:

***FOREST GOBLIN***
Stikkas - 1-3 players

I don't like the idea of any 1-3 positional. I would prefer some other option.

Just for the sake of argument -- Stunty already has multiple 1-3 positionals. Fenbeasts, Snotling trolls, Snotling goons. (You could say gnoblar ogres, but those are technically three one-ofs.)

Then again, two of those three are big guys... and two of them are snotlings, so that's hardly a ringing endorsement for this roster design. Smile

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar wrote:
My friend and I were thinking about it a lot and we though maybe have something like rat ogres but actually them for Eshin. Make them 6428 loner, frenzy, MB Skill access S (GAPM) Quantity 0-2, cost 100-90k not really certain on the price point.

That would make more sense as part of a Clan Moulder list, no?

(Not trying to hijack the conversation.)

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

ahalfling wrote:
Muktar wrote:

That would make more sense as part of a Clan Moulder list, no?

(Not trying to hijack the conversation.)

indeed, rat ogres would go no where near eshin. or rather Eshin would go no where near Rat Ogres

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

To me right now, look at the Eshin vs Forest Goblins. What does the Eshin have over the gobbos? 3 MA and a Claw vs 8 AV, 2Str, 2 Tents, 2 FA and 1 more GA access player. I don't want to add something that would just make them a carbon copy of the forest goblins that is the only real reason why I suggested a BGish position. Or a position in general with M access.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2013 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a weird comparison, though... Eshin's not really that much like the forest goblins. (Except that both have players with stab...) They're a lot more like skinks. Also, the forest goblins already have a "mini-big guy" type positional (the spider), so adding one to the Eshin roster would actually make them MORE like the FGs, not less.

I mean, all this is secondary to the point that a rat ogre doesn't belong on Eshin fluffwise. Eshin probably needs strengthening, sure, but they should strengthen in the direction of the roster (not strong or resilient, but skilled and stealthy). Not sure what the solution is -- AV boosts and cost drops, as suggested? G access on the stalkers? Both? A third thing? -- but making Eshin a different roster seems like a different solution.

Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2013 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

They have ag4 as well and a non stunty player for passing. Maybe giving the assassin P access would be cool.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2013 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
NOTE: This topic is JUST for these suggestions. If it was open to all suggestions it would be a 40 page mess quickly. Posts on other ideas will be ignored and possibly deleted.

I'll save my own ideas on Eshin for another thread.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2013 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough. In that case, I'll limit my answer on that one to "in favor, but I don't think it will be enough."

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2013 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar wrote:

Couldn't help yourself could you? The thread now needs a major clean up.

NOTE: This topic is JUST for these suggestions. If it was open to all suggestions it would be a 40 page mess quickly. Posts on other ideas will be ignored and possibly deleted.
Narlgoth

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

***ESHIN***

Assassin - AV7
NRs - AV7
Adepts - 35 (-5)

Specifically regarding above changes AV7 would be very handy. I think all the positionals would benefit from it if you are going to do it. AV6 across the roster tends to mean these guys are mopped off the pitch in first few turns against some teams. I've started 2nd half with all positionals out and only 5 Adepts left against a nigh full team of weapons/big guys and my heart just sinks.

Price decrease is a bit meh as far as I'm concerned. I haven't (as of yet) needed nearly any of the money I have earned, as with no BGs or expensive weapons to eat the team treasury I've found Eshin quite economical. I'd rather see a boost to Adepts to equal their value then make them even cheaper!

Eshin skill access is horrible (one G access), giving Eshin almost no future prospect.

My alternative is keep Adept price the same and give them +1MA OR let ALL Eshin players get Mutation Access (representing honed Ninja Skills!). If Mutation access then no to +AV for positional players. It would certainly give Eshin a unique and fun flavour.

***GNOBLAR***
Gnoblars - AV6

I don't think this team needs changing at all.

AV7 is something I like about these guys- they are slow and ST1- they spend most of the time being bullied and lying face down in the dirt but they STAY ALIVE so you often have half a team for 2nd half.

This makes them a slow stamina team (a bit like Dwarves), and trust me they need it because as awesome and scary as 3 big guys sounds on paper they aren't as amazing as they seem in reality!

Those Ogres bungle all your rolls with loner and I think I've actually only managed to field all 3 in maybe half of my games. Usually at least 1 of the 3 Ogres is misses a match because they attract weapons, other big guys and gang fouls like flies to a dog turd. I've had all 3 cleared off the pitch on more then one occasion!

***SKRYRE***

Mechavermin - AG2

I have done terribly with my Skyre both before and after last years changes so this change will make very little difference either way to me (honestly can't see why everyone thinks the team is so overpowered- I've proved they are just as bad as any other Leeg team Rolling Eyes )!

AG1/AG2? They should be bashers through and through so I guess keeping AG1 would make this a sure thing...

I'd personally like to see the team reimaged as I described a while back, but obviously that's another story.

***FOREST GOBLIN***

Stikkas - 1-3 players

Forest Goblins seem to have become one of the top teams for success. Can't tell if that's because more people are playing them or because they are too good.

I wouldn't be opposed to knocking stabbas down to 3, but honestly I don't notice them- its the two road block spiders and 2 G access Hypno Gaze dudes that I hate more! When Stab works its awesome, when it fails its usually flippin terrible...

***CHAOS HALFLINGS***

Chaos Halfings – 40 (+5)

I agree with this, I was thinking about the C Flings the other day and how awesome they are for build options compared to the average Leeg team. I say hike them and make them pay for having that lovely M access!

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems there is nothing so broken that everyone is screaming for a change, which is a good thing. There are one or two that might be worth following, but are fine for now.

Many thanks for all your feedback!

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

having played a fair bit with Eshin recently. I certainly feel the Assassin needs +av.

That aside I think its okay. I wouldnt mind VLL on the stalkers mind, something to give them a little bit of hope against bombs would be very nice.