18 coaches online • Server time: 04:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Math?goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Welcome Newcomers - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Muktar

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2013 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible for TS to affect cas rolls of 7 instead of 8? TS doesn't help a whole lot when 7's are the most commonly rolled number.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2013 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

nope, and yes its stupid. Smile

another mistake from the bbrc with their simplifying of the rules. It doesnt affect the official rules though so its not that big a deal, but it does effect custom rosters like this.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2013 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Finding this out in their first game swiftly lead to the retirement of my strigoyan team :L
Muktar

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

That is the only reason why I bring it up here Garion. Don't know if we have the power to affect how some of the skills work.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats no reason to retire a Strigoyan team. Hell, I've played a TON of matches with mine and never even know the Thralls had TS in the first place!

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

another mistake from the bbrc with their simplifying of the rules. It doesnt affect the official rules though so its not that big a deal, but it does effect custom rosters like this.

It does happen every once in a while when someone invests a double on a goblin/halfling into giving them thick skull. The resulting table is:

2-6 stun
7 ko
8 stun
9 BH
10+ cas

I've seen a couple of goblins like this for the lols. In the end it's just 1/36 difference to get the KO, so not really a reason not to play strigoyans or whatever has this combo...

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like Thick Skull was just not intended to fully counter this ill effect of Stunty. Yet, 8 still is the second most number rolled on 2d, so it still helps. It looks funny though to have 7s go KO, 8s go stunned and 9s get CASed
Muktar

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk I don't want it to nullify the bad of stunty. I just want thick skull amended for stunty so that 7's aren't KO'ed but instead are 8's. Just a suggestion otherwise, not sure if there is that much power to implement that.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar wrote:
f_alk I don't want it to nullify the bad of stunty. I just want thick skull amended for stunty so that 7's aren't KO'ed but instead are 8's. Just a suggestion otherwise, not sure if there is that much power to implement that.

it's not amending, it's how the rules are written. The client is working strictly how the rules say. We don't "fix" the rules in this site Smile

Anyway, if kalimar ever gets back to work, there's a number of fixes i'd rather see done before.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty is not in the habit of changing the mechanics of rules to fit our division.

--j

ImageImage
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

When you're Stunty, your skull may be thick, but you're still a wee lad. 8 instead of 7 is just fine.

And yes, another BBRC oversight. Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar wrote:

not gonna happen

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2013 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thick skull has the effect of reducing the KO chance by 5/36. 6/36 would be better, but dodging would be better if you got a +2 to your roll, and that's not happening either.
 Jump to: