28 coaches online • Server time: 01:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

editing league pages "bio" returns
Unable to find page: Fumbbl.php
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I hid everything on the left column and moved my friends to the center underneath teams and tourneys and it seems to look better
ruzgar

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Just noting here that the 'play' for scheduled matches has been changed to 'resume'. It's still the same button, if anyone is confused (such as myself).
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, pretties! Overall the new look is a great improvement, graphically. I find it less clear, but that's impossible to assess objectively, as I haven't found my way around it yet.

It's not just the layout, is it? Blacklist and whitelist have been removed altogether? And some other stuff?

Having the box activate link over 'box' instead of per team is good; clearer what it does.

It would be nice if we could opt to get our teams in 2 (or more) columns. The new format is more spacious, which is fine if you have, say, 18 teams. However, if you have, say, 57 teams, that's a lot of scrolling to even have a look at your box teams. This is kind of unnecessary given the next point.

This may be more sitewide css than home page, but I think it doesn't scale well to higher resolutions (which is surprising considering Christer's setup).
If I have the window fullscreen (1900*1080) at a comfortable zoom level, the informative part fills the horizontal middle half of the screen, while the outer quarters show first the light green background image, then the dark green background color. Having to scroll down a lot while horizontally only filling half my screen makes it feel like the site was designed for a monitor in portrait mode.

ruzgar wrote:
Just noting here that the 'play' for scheduled matches has been changed to 'resume'. It's still the same button, if anyone is confused (such as myself).

Hrm, indeed. I guess it was intended to do so only for matches that had already been started.

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %10, %2013 - %08:%Aug; edited 3 times in total
SzieberthAdam

Post 7 Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

+ for the CR removal and the ranking settings -- CR made the site too competitive. I personnaly prefer cooperation over competition.
+ for Leagues and Tournaments on coach page
+ retired teams gone
- tourneys won list gone

Suggestion: Ability to change division for the main ranking --rightmost-- category (at least to [B]). It would help determine which is the preferred competitive division by the coach. Or include it in the race list as "overall".

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on %b %10, %2013 - %08:%Aug; edited 5 times in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

so in an effort to see if i could change the colour a bit, i went to account, changed the theme, chose.. um.. i think it was aggressive? might have been plastic-grey though. didn't like it, and has strange organization - but now I am no longer allowed to modify the theme (i get an error message when I try) so I'm stuck with it.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:

- tourneys won list gone

=(

Well at least now I won't feel as stupid for forgetting to sign up for a 7th saurus.
ruzgar

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think any editing at all at the moment is getting the "Unable to find page: Fumbbl.php" popup. I just tried to edit a match report and got the same thing.

+1 to all that have mentioned the color scheme, and I still like a different color background for alternating rows of tables.
Roland

Post 18 Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see who listed me! Smile
Roland

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I can manage my friends into groups yay! Very Happy
But it doesn't do anything on the list?

edit: wait found the setting. Very Happy
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ruzgar wrote:
I think any editing at all at the moment is getting the "Unable to find page: Fumbbl.php" popup. I just tried to edit a match report and got the same thing.

+1 to all that have mentioned the color scheme, and I still like a different color background for alternating rows of tables.

This.
Roland

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

All my "Scheduled"-lines are uneven...
the OCD-person in me is screaming

EDIT: also, I don't think that the white colour fits the other site colours well (green/red/beige/brown). I love the layout, but would like to se the beige/brown scheme back (+alternating colour rows).
shusaku

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

first of all. I like the Change and the customizing options. Thanks for all that work.

I do miss the list of tournament wins.

Currently I have organized my friends and I have 2 Default Groups showing, dont know why. I would like to have the Default Group showing first. As I use it for my current scheduled opponents. But I havent found a way to Change the order at least not of the Default Group.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it.

The only thing I dislike is that the Matches link is not displayed on the top pannel. There is room for one more link there and I don't think it belongs under More personally.

So imo it should go - Overview About Blog Statistics Matches More

like that.

The only other thing I would possibly change is the current news which is currently - The Lustrian Challenge VII Qualifiers are running. I think that might look better in its own little pannel above all the other pannels. Though its no big deal really.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I like it.

The only thing I dislike is that the Matches link is not displayed on the top pannel. There is room for one more link there and I don't think it belongs under More personally.

So imo it should go - Overview About Blog Statistics Matches More

like that.

If you did that then there would only be two things left under the More tab, in which case would it be possible to move one of them somewhere else? Maybe move Manage Friends to be part of the Friends list?
 Jump to: