25 coaches online • Server time: 12:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you be interested in playing in a throw teamate league/tournament?
Of course
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
I would never stoop to that level
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
My troll prefers pie to goblin
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

TenaciousPiggy

Post 12 Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Throw Teammate League: Underhand Bowl Season I

Do you love throwing small furry things around? This league may be for you! The Throw Teammate League, or the TTL, is the ultimate league for all things...err...throw teammate-y! Join now for the inaugural season of the Underhand Bowl and help me make this league as silly as possible.

Allowed Races (May add more later)
1. Goblins
2. Halfling
3. Ogre
4. Underworld

Roster Rules (All are subject to change for balance purposes)
1. Must be a brand new [L]eague team.
2. Every player MUST have either Throw Teammate OR Right Stuff.
3. Special: Ogres can only own three (3) ogres.

Match Scoring
1. Match reports are mandatory. Matches are custom scored. It's up to you to let me know what went on.
2. A Throw Teammate TD results in 3 points.
3. A normal TD results in 1 points.

Have fun. Try the risky plays. This is silly. Make it appear so.

Links
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=8841

(Note: I do realize that "Gary's TTM addicted Fanclub" exists, but it seems very inactive. I am having trouble deciding whether I should restrict rosters, such as only letting ogres have 4 ogres or something like that. Let me know what you think.)

Last edited by TenaciousPiggy on %b %07, %2014 - %16:%Feb; edited 3 times in total
Beerox

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

House rule #1 is brutal, eek! Especially for flings with MA2 throwers. What if your trees get KO'd, you can't score?

Love the roster rules though. Maybe TTM TDs could be first tiebreaker or something.
TenaciousPiggy

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
House rule #1 is brutal, eek! Especially for flings with MA2 throwers. What if your trees get KO'd, you can't score?

Love the roster rules though. Maybe TTM TDs could be first tiebreaker or something.

That's a fair point...I may have to rethink that.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2014 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say ogres should be limited to 0-3 or maybe 0-4. I'd lean towards 0-3 though. It gives them one more than the others, two by underworld, & snots are ST1, but they have some skills, in titchy/ sidestep, that will be nice in this type of league.

I'm interested though, sounds fun. Plus you are U.S. based, as am I, so this makes me even more interested. Well, provided the majority are U.S. coaches. Otherwise scheduling issues will likely count me out.

P.S. On houserule #1. How about assigning TTM Td's a higher value than normal Td's? It would mean custom scoring, but it's a way to allow normal scoring & keep w/ the theme as well as eliminating the 'no scoring w/out a TTM attempt' rule. Say TTM Td's count as 3 pts vs the 1 pt for a normal Td? Ask each coach to fill out the match report w/ how many of each they scored & you could keep track fairly easily.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2014 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Roster rule #2 - every player must have TTM or Right Stuff.

You realize this eliminates goblin weapons and all the rats on the Underworld team. Was this your intention? Personally, I agree with no skaven but I would be sad to see a goblin team with no weapons.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2014 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

looks funny
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2014 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
Roster rule #2 - every player must have TTM or Right Stuff.

You realize this eliminates goblin weapons and all the rats on the Underworld team. Was this your intention? Personally, I agree with no skaven but I would be sad to see a goblin team with no weapons.

Fairly certain it's his intention. Personally I'd not allow secret weapons either & it's a fluffy league based on TTM so I see no problem w/ that rule for either race mentioned.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2014 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
I'd say ogres should be limited to 0-3 or maybe 0-4. I'd lean towards 0-3 though. It gives them one more than the others, two by underworld, & snots are ST1, but they have some skills, in titchy/ sidestep, that will be nice in this type of league.

P.S. On houserule #1. How about assigning TTM Td's a higher value than normal Td's? It would mean custom scoring, but it's a way to allow normal scoring & keep w/ the theme as well as eliminating the 'no scoring w/out a TTM attempt' rule. Say TTM Td's count as 3 pts vs the 1 pt for a normal Td? Ask each coach to fill out the match report w/ how many of each they scored & you could keep track fairly easily.

Thanks for this. I do like it. To be clear on your suggestion, would the total TD points be the players total score in the tournament? In other words, would this system get rid of a normal 2-win, 1-draw, 0-loss scoring system?

I had forgotten about titchy; that definitely should make ogres a bit better than I had originally thought.

For Cavetroll: That was my intention. I really want as much TTM as possible, allowing a normal goblin team would counteract that.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2014 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

TenaciousPiggy wrote:
Nightbird wrote:

Thanks for this. I do like it. To be clear on your suggestion, would the total TD points be the players total score in the tournament? In other words, would this system get rid of a normal 2-win, 1-draw, 0-loss scoring system?

Well, what I meant by custom scoring is scoring done by YOU after the fact. Which is why I suggested to require coaches fill out the match reports. The tournament scoring system will not be able to recognize if someone scored via a TTM you see. You'd have to make a chart somewhere on the league page to keep track.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2014 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I've updated the rules because I quite like that idea.

I added a new goblin team, feel free to apply with your own. Let's see how many people actually sign up. The league will be pretty tournament focused, that's the best way to keep people involved.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2014 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

When removing weapons, I have a hard time seeing why someone would pick goblins over underworld. OK, you get 2 trolls, but... You know. claw and tents on the UW troll... 2 heads on the goblins. (and disturbing presence to screw up the other guy's throws!

titchy is great in this league: its downside (no added TZs on dodges) doesn't affect other stunties anyway.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2014 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
When removing weapons, I have a hard time seeing why someone would pick goblins over underworld. OK, you get 2 trolls, but... You know. claw and tents on the UW troll... 2 heads on the goblins. (and disturbing presence to screw up the other guy's throws!

titchy is great in this league: its downside (no added TZs on dodges) doesn't affect other stunties anyway.

We'll see how it works out, I can always change things around for balance purposes.

*Updated page with possible rosters.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

To give goblins a bit of flavor I'd maybe allow the pogo stick since it's not a secret weapon.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2014 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

This doesn't seem to be catching on, but when I have time I will submit a team. At this point I'd suggest you allow one of each team & then do a round robin tourney to see how it goes & take things from there. Might be best to start w/ North American coaches only as well.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2014 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
This doesn't seem to be catching on, but when I have time I will submit a team. At this point I'd suggest you allow one of each team & then do a round robin tourney to see how it goes & take things from there. Might be best to start w/ North American coaches only as well.

Well I have you and one other person that have expressed interest in creating a team. I'd be looking for at least another person to start that off. First come, first serve.

I have not voted in the poll, but 8 people have voted A. Now even if it doesn't mean a whole lot, perhaps if the first season is decent enough, more people will look into it.
 Jump to: