55 coaches online • Server time: 17:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2013 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Theme Undead/Necromantic, all with negatraits (v.0.2)

Fluff
You are boastful, but subprime Necromancer. You can create an undead team ... just not good enough to play with the other pro teams.

Your story could be like this:
When you grew up in your little home village, you noticed you were different. You didn't play much with the other kids, you prefered to play with dead things. After some time you noticed you could make them act again - and you felt superior to all the peasant kids in the village. You started to dress in black, dyed you hair -and you just knew your destiny was something big, important, epic. With your incredibly creative mind you called the state of your animated companions "un-life".
Some years later, a band of adventurers came along and the wizard of that group spotted you and your talent, and convinced your parents to send you to the next city and its wizards guild for proper training, he promised he would pay the school fee.
So, you went there, knowing you are just one of the very cool kids and upon arrival you skipped many of the introductory classes (which of course are not necessary for cool kids). You were pretty talented in the necromatic class, but with you spending most of your time outside - hanging around, posing and cheering for the local undead bloodbowl team - after some time you slipped behind.
When you were finally thrown out, you decided to become a famous bloodbowl coach - with an undead team of course.
Only ....
you are not good enough for that.
All your players have flaws, and your power is not strong enough to keep so many fully grown creatures on the pitch. Fortunately, there are smaller creatures you can bring to "un-life", like halflings or goblins - plus you found a cursed pet cemetary, where you started to recruit some more players from - cats and dogs mainly. The only thing you learned was how to create golems out of corpses - well, you know that in principle ....
Anyways, you know enough to create a team - and even if you can't control it at all the time, it is enough to let them play ..... only the big leagues won't let you, so have decided to settle for a smaller league and show the big ones how good you really are.

The Team
(Disclaimer - this is probably totally unbalanced)
Code:
0-16 Skellies     30k  5 2 2 7 Stunty, Dodge, Thick Skull, Decay, Regenerate A(GSP)
0-2  Cemetary Cat 60k  6 2 3 7 Frenzy, Dauntless, Tackle, Stunty, Dodge, Wild Animal  A(GSP)
0-2  Cemetary Dog 70k  7 2 3 7 Catch, Shadowing, Stunty, Bonehead, Kick off Return, Animosity A(GSP)
0-2  Stitched     80k  4 4 2 8 Regenerate, Mighty Blow, Really Stupid S(GAP)

Apo - none, Igor - yes, Raise Dead - yes (into Skellie)
Rerolls 60k

Explanation
The similarity to the big positions should be obvious, with flaws:
Skeletons are frail.
The Cat is a Blitzer kind of player, and cats love to play with little things, thus tackle as a skill.
The Dog is your Runner. Dogs also don't like to give the ball to other things apart from Dogs and sometimes prefer to chase their own tail.
Both of these are not created/raised by you, so they lack regenerate.
The Stitched are your "Big Guys", and as real golems they sometimes shut down.

So, I would love to hear your comments on how to properly balance the team. It should be rather skill heavy as all players do have negatraits (and shall keep those).

Last edited by f_alk on %b %24, %2013 - %14:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2013 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Tone the number of positionals waay down.

You can currently field a team of 12 without fielding any skellies...that's probably not the intention!

I'd also say you are trying to do too many things with the team at once. It's got regenerate, frenzy, tackle, wrestle, shadowing, bloodlust, really stupid....it's like about 6 different stunty teams rolled into one!

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2013 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, of those 6 positionals none is reliable to do as expected. You do have a point - it seems a lot ... but ... would you field all of them? You can use one reroll, for 11 rolls if they act as they should.
And there are that many skills to offset the negatraits. If you take away stunty, dodge and the negatraits, it doesn't look that impressive anymore. Shadowing or Wrestle on the Dog could surely go though.
PS: As dogs like to chase things, wrestle would probably be the better choise. For the skellies, Regen could go and AG could be put up to AG 3.
Rog

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2013 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

remove zeds or stitched and make cats/dogs 2 each, else it's way too many positioals.
Probably shouldn't have bloodlust aswell since the only other undead stunties already have that as their schtick. Maybe add some [g] in exchange, maybe...
Would also say Shadowing is better fluffwise for dos than Wrestle.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2013 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Skeletons should be AG2 >.<
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2013 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, skellies should be AG2, and why do they have A access? Agile skellies seems very unfluffy.

Likewise giving the Zombies S access seems purely mechanical and with no fluff to back it up.

I sort of get why the Dog has Catch, but a Blood Bowl ball is pretty big compared to a dog's mouth. I'd remove Catch and give them and the cats No Hands. Which would make Animosity irrelevant too.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2013 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Team background/ fluff needs to be more generic. Your description seems to indicate the experiences/ history of ONE specific individual. Team fluff simply must allow for dozens of identical 'creation stories' to allow for numerous teams of the same 'race'.

(You don't really think dozens/ hundreds of necromatically gifted peasants met a band of adventurers willing to pay their tuition, went to and dropped out of Wizard's school, and become BB coaches do you?)

Fluff aside, the team is WAY over-described. Too many positionals. Too many skills. Too much ST. Even if the nega-traits 'balanced' the roster, too many matches would be lost or won by whether or not the nega-traits hosed the team.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all your feedback.

I'd like to keep at least 4 AG3 players, to have some ball handling.
I was thinking of A access for the Skellies, as small skeletons can be agile - well, compared to zombies they usually are depicted as "more agile". Also it kind of sticks to the stunty concept of "no G access", and S for them seems unfluffy and overpowered. With the A access you can build a rather reliabe ball handler after rolling AG+.
Zeds having S access ... well, I rather think of a Zombie to grab you, and pile on on you ... after all he only wants to eat your brainz (MB or SF also fits in that thought, guard does not - but would you pick it on a RS player?). With G access he would go block, pro, tackle ... somehow a more unfluffy way imo. ... But then, I think I'd rather remove them in total as a positional, or mix it into the Stitched positional.
The Dogs catch ... comes mainly from the old LRB4 wolf. I liked catch on them Smile.
About the Fluff - I didn't consider that it would be read as a "must". I will add a line in front to explain that the following is a possible example.
Oh, and the fun of the team should be the negatraits - a different kind of stunty fun, but it should fit in there. For other teams you win or lose by your armor rolls - here you win or lose by different rolls.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I changed the top posting, according to the comments and my thoughts...

now it's down to six positionals.
I am not sure wether or not one of those should be increased to 0-4 players.
The Skellies ... with G acess, they seem to become too good (too stable with block) easily, while with A access they seem too expensive.
Rog

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe just maybe now add [G] to the Stitched, the rest seems fine, but then again, you have a wide variety off usefull starting skills which makes access (a bit) less needed.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that looks a lot more balanced now. Probably slightly underpowered, but contrary to what most roster designers think, that's a good thing!

If your roster is entering top of tier 1, it will get smacked down. You've got a much better chance getting it accepted if it's an average team with some fun gimmicks entering the league, rather than a super powerful kill all mens team.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

What about these Star Players:
Igor (110k)
Wil-O The Wisp (115k)
Shadow (160k)
King Tot (170k)
Baron von Spivakosky (230k)

This leaves space for one more - this could be Percival Pinchstik, but then it too closely resembles the Strig Star players for my taste. Then the question is: should the additional (to be created) Star be a cheap Skellie or a higher priced Golem?
For a Skellie Star, I would like something like:
Bones DeCoy: 5 1 3 7 Loner, Stunty, Dodge, Stab, Decay, (niggle), Sprint
For a Stitched Star, I would like something like:
Needless Pins: 4 5 1 8 Loner, Stand Firm, Mighty Blow, Grab, Regenerate
No idea about the prices though
 Jump to: