45 coaches online • Server time: 11:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MadMarx

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

So now i can move my teams to another division. And if, in two weeks someone has a new great idea, there will be new changes, new divisions, and i can move them again. And again. And after that?
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand what you are complaining about. If there are further divisions introduced [not that it is very likely to happen soonish, this was a real major change] you still will have the opportunity to choose which ones you like and which ones you don't. Simply ignore those you don't like.

-Mnemon
MadMarx

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that this is a very bad idea. I think that the ranked division will soon fade away. Coaches, who play against opponents who dont have a chance, to keep their ranking high will stay of course, but many people will leave. Why dont we rename it cherrypicking division?
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see that trend MadMarx. I just checked several coaches overviews and the only people that changed entirely to [u] are EvolveToAnarchism (Except for the terrifying anarchists) and myself - which is what I expected - both of us played unranked since there was the possibility to unrank all your teams.

Wasn't ranking all about cherrypicking before already? So what changed?

-Mnemon
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I only play DivX & Faction at the moment anyway...

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

[U] sucks.... rules are rules... ageing on skill roll is a rule for a good reason... playing team with TR>300 with perfect player sucks...

sorry

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2004 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ash wrote:
[U] sucks.... rules are rules... ageing on skill roll is a rule for a good reason... playing team with TR>300 with perfect player sucks...

sorry

I think you're confusing divU with divX.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2004 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I switched all my teams to div U too because I do not want to play ranked games. Now my only problem is that I am getting challenged from people in the wrong division and I actually played two games before I found out. Some people like to play for fun, and others, like me, for developing teams. Anywho, I hope more people try out some U teams.....

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2004 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Better play in U and join #ILEST and the tourney Instant LEST. Way more fun than any R game...

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2004 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i am keeping mine in ranked, because i really couldn't care less what my ranking is, it doesn't affect how i live my life, or how i play the gaem,but at the same time i would rather play with the proper rules.
Calador

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2004 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe freak_in_a_frock really hits the nail on the head here.
Most people want to play with the proper rules.. It somehow simply doesn't feel right
to play in a division that can be called the minor league. Open was the main division,
and DivR is taking that spot now simply because people want to play with the proper
rules.
I think it could've been interesting if DivR was made as an entirely new division where
you had to move your teams. Then rename Open to DivU (same rules as Open, just no
ranking). How many teams would DivR have then ?
A vote on this subject would've been nice, because we can see now that many people
dislike the changes.

Regards,
Calador
-- Nunc ille est magicus --
DeMoorck

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2004 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

"A vote on this subject would've been nice, because we can see now that many people
dislike the changes."

...But, in the spirit of fumbbl, things have been decided for us.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2004 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my teams will stay in whatever division is the biggest and easiest to get games quickly in. As long as that is R, I'll stay in R. I do like the fact that it follows the LRB though.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2004 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

quota wrote:
Ash wrote:

sorry

I think you're confusing divU with divX.

indeed!! sorry for that... so U is just like R but one is unranked and the other one is ranked???

don t see the point to play unranked game... i don t think rank is to know who is the best or to deny game because too scary (ohhh damned... you re too good for me... let me call my dad...). No rank for me is to deny game with someone who really sucks! I hate beginning a game an knowing after 3 turns that i will win by 3 touchdown up... i m not playing for SPPs but for fun on field. See my point?

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2004 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm staying in R. Everything else is just the minor leagues. DivX is ok to change the pace a bit, but R is the division that seperates the men from the boys.

Jump to: