16 coaches online • Server time: 08:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
KPL
Oh, yeah, Iam in.
46%
 46%  [ 70 ]
Iam outta here
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
PIE: is this a pointless poll or what?
36%
 36%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 150

PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri Premier League is all about progress. Rah-Ma strives hard to improve and make the KPL better each season. That is why the KPL in time will be considered the greatest league on FUMBBL!!!!!

These are exciting times right now in the KPL. The first ever Championship match is coming up. The Elixir of Immortality, the Champions Throphy, the Victors Crown and the Golden Boot are all on the line. Not to mention the fame, glory and gold that comes with winning the KPL.

Rah-ma has been working hard on the KPL main page. His scribes worked day and night for over a month. Then threw up their arms in disgust and Rah-Ma does what he does best. He got WhatBall to do the job for him. :}

WhatBall has been working hard on the image side of the KPL to elevate the league to elite status. For you cannot be a elite league with out awesome images and an awe inspiring group page.

KPL Main Page; New and improved and still getting better

Check out the new KPL group page and do not forget to thank WhatBall for all his hard work and dedication to the KPL. He is making it a better league with his work behind the scenes.

Thanks, WhatBall.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You are welcome.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Things are going to move very fast at this point. Here is what is about to happen in the KPL so keep alert and check your PM's and the forum thread to keep up.

1: We are going to crown our Champion...speak kind words of how awesome they are and then next day forget all about it and move on and get set for season #2.

2: We are at 15 in the KFC and 11/12 in the NFC. I will hit the PM's and Thread hard to fill the ranks back up to 16 teams a conference. We are going to stick with 32 teams in the KPL for season #2.

3: Tommorow the Draft list for the KPL will come out. You will need to rank the players for your draft lists. It will be a two round draft and it will be a snake draft. So it will go 1-32 and then 32-1. Ranking will be determined this way. New teams will be at the top of the draft and then all returning members will be ranked by final standings in the regular season. So one of the new teams will get the first pick, be #1 and the Servitors will be #32 because they had the top record in the regular season.

I will go deeper into the draft tommorow when I present the draft list.

4: Once I have the draft ranking lists from everyone who is going to submit one. I will post the results of the draft. Kryten is going to help the KPL and add all the players skills onto your roster for us behind the scenes.

5: Once that process is done. We ready our teams and kick off season #2.

This is going to happen really fast I think. Iam not going to drag out the draft process for a long time. Kryten needs some time and leway to get his part of this done.

SO here is how I think this is going to play out.

We will crown our Champion this week. I will have our draft lists presented and posted on Tuesday, coaches will rank their player choices. Deadline for draft submissions will be Friday. I will draft the players Sat. and Sunday. Present Kryten the list on monday. By the end of the week the KPL rosters should all be updated and ready to go. I will then kick off Season #2 on Feb 15-17 depending on how long it takes Kryten to get the draft finalized.

Exciting times in the KPL. Make sure to spec the Championship match. Cheer or boo or give a ole fahsioned /hurt if you like. And then get set for the kick off of season #2 the following week, I hope.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Really excited to see the draft list! Do Khemri teams only draft Khemri players for instance or can they draft Undead/Necro/Vamp players?

Also, can someone help me add the KPL logo to my team bio?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Awesome! Sounds great.

I'm sure the entire NFC will be rooting for Pythrr, just to get rid of that atrocity of a dog he has running about. I would let eh coaches pick their prizes each season.

Thanks.

yeah. bastiges.

on the plus side, it means I'm in a win-win situation! we win, we WIN; we lose, we KEEP SPOOGE MCCHASEY THE MTANT WOLF!

What's not to like?

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri, Necro and Undead Draft List

This is the draft list for those teams. The number next to each player is the default draft rank order that the KPL will use if a coach should fail to turn in a draft sheet.

IF you do not like the defualt rankings copy this list and change the ranking numbers. 1 is top pick and 52 is last. So a 1-52 ranking. Then send me a PM with your draft rankings.

Once you draft a player that players skill will be added to one of your players of that position AND he must have 0-5 SPP. NO PLAYER WITH 6+ SPP CAN HAVE SKILLS ADDED TO HIM.

Since we are in Pending mode on our teams you can add players that you have drafted to your roster, give them a unique name and so forth. IF you draft a mummy and do not have a mummy on the team it is a wasted draft pick.

IF you want these skills added to a very specific player you need to inform me. Otherwise I will add them to a player who is a rookie on the roster myself.

Now for fluff reasons there are two ways to look at this. The skills are added to a player on the roster that player would be a emerging star, harken back to 2ED rules or if you add a player specifically for the draft he is a drafted player with a nice back story.

Once the league is set to go I will release the draft order for the KPL.

*** How to read the list. You have the default ranking for the player. Followed by Which position that player plays. Example: Bltiz-Ra/Wight/Wolfs is which positional you are drafting. Then the list of skills to be added.

*** The grouping of specific positional players is so that the 3 team types are drafting against each other for these players.

#1 Tomb Guardian/Mummy/Flesh Golem: Ball and Chain, +ST, +ST, Mighty Blow

#2 Tomb Guardian/Mummy/Flesh Golem: Grab, Break Tackle

#3 Tomb Guardian/Mummy/Flesh Golem: Guard, Block

#4 Tomb Guardian/Mummy/Flesh Golem: Blcok, Fend

#5 Tomb Guardian/Mummy/Flesh Golem: Pro, Break Tackle

#6 Tomb Guardian/Mummy/Flesh Golem: Guard

#7 Tomb Guardian/Mummy/Flesh Golem: Multi-Block

#8 Tomb Guardian/Mummy/Flesh Golem: Grab

#9 Tomb Guardian/Mummy/Flesh Golem: Stand Firm

#10 Tomb Guardian/Mummy/Flesh Golem: Break Tackle

#11 Tomb Guardian/Mummy/Flesh Golem: Strong Arm, Throw Team mate + Skelton/zombie with Stunty, Right Stuff, Catch Sure Feet and Sprint. IF you draft this player you will get 3 players instead of 2 players.

#12 Blitz-Ra/Wight/Werewolf: Dodge, Tackle, Sidestep

#13 Blitz-Ra/Wight/Werewolf: Break Tackle, Guard, Fend

#14 Blitz-Ra/Wight/Werewolf: Guard, Stand Firm

#15 Blitz-Ra/Wight/Werewolf: Dodge, Sprint

#16 Blitz-Ra/Wight/Werewolf: Catch, Sure Feet

#17 Blitz-Ra/Wight/Werewolf: Stand Firm

#18 Blitz-Ra/Wight/Werewolf: Tackle

#19 Blitz-Ra/Wight/Werewolf: Fend

#20 Blitz-Ra/Wight/Werewolf: Guard

#21 Blitz-Ra/Wight/Werewolf: Pile On

#22 Blitz-Ra/Wight/Werewolf: Hypnotic Gaze

#23 Ghoul/Throw-Ra: Block, Fend, Nerves of Steel

#24 Ghoul/Throw-Ra: Block, Accurate, Safe Throw

#25 Ghoul/Throw-Ra: Leader, Dodge

#26 Ghoul/Throw-Ra: Sure Hands, Side Step

#27 Ghoul/Throw-Ra: Dump Off

#28 Ghoul/Throw-Ra: Strong Arm

#29 Ghoul/Throw-Ra: Sure Hands

#30 Ghoul/Throw-Ra: Accurate

#31 Ghoul/Throw-Ra: Kick Off Return

#32 Ghoul/Throw-Ra: BOMBS

#33 Zombies/Skeletons: Wrestle, Tackle

#34 Zombies/Skeletons: Block, Fend

#35 Zombies/Skeletons: Block, Duantless

#36 Zombies/Skeletons: Dodge, Shadowing

#37 Zombies/Skeletons: Mighty Blow, Pile On, Decay

#38 Zombies/Skeletons: Block, Dodge, Stand Firm, Bonehead

#39 Zombies/Skeletons: Frenzy, Tackle, Juggernaugt, Wild Animal

#40 Zombies/Skeletons: Mighty Blow

#41 Zombies/Skeletons: Kick

#42 Zombies/Skeletons: Tackle

#43 Zombies/Skeletons: Tackle

#44 Zombies/Skeletons: Block

#45 Zombies/Skeletons: Block

#46 Zombies/Skeletons: Wrestle

#47 Zombies/Skeletons: Wrestle

#48 Zombies/Skeletons: Dirty Player

#49 Zombies/Skeletons: Dirty Player

#50 Zombies/Skeletons: Stab

#51 Zombies/Skeletons: Chaninsaw

#52 Zombies/Skeletons: Chaninsaw

#53 Zombies/Skeletons: Stripball, Wrestle, Leap, Very Long Legs, Very Stupid

** Chainsaws, Ball and Chain and Bombs will have the secret weapon nega trait also. **

Vampire Draft List

This is the draft list for vampire teams. The number next to each player is the default draft rank order that the KPL will use if a coach should fail to turn in a draft sheet.

IF you do not like the defualt rankings copy this list and change the ranking numbers. 1 is top pick and 30 is last. So a 1-30 ranking. Then send me a PM with your draft rankings.

Once you draft a player that players skill will be added to one of your players of that position AND he must have 0-5 SPP. NO PLAYER WITH 6+ SPP CAN HAVE SKILLS ADDED TO HIM.

Since we are in Pending mode on our teams you can add players that you have drafted to your roster, give them a unique name and so forth. IF you draft a mummy and do not have a mummy on the team it is a wasted draft pick.

IF you want these skills added to a very specific player you need to inform me. Otherwise I will add them to a player who is a rookie on the roster myself.

Now for fluff reasons there are two ways to look at this. The skills are added to a player on the roster that player would be a emerging star, harken back to 2ED rules or if you add a player specifically for the draft he is a drafted player with a nice back story.

Once the league is set to go I will release the draft order for the KPL.

#1 Vampire: Dodge, Sidestep, Leap

#2 Vampire: Pass, Accurate

#3 Vampire: Block, Pro, Stand Firm

#4 Vampire: Dodge, Diving Tackle

#5 Vampire: Block, Tackle

#6 Vampire: Block, Pro

#7 Thrall: Block, Dodge

#8 Thrall: Block, Mighty Blow, Guard, Bonehead

#9 Thrall: Dodge, Catch, Sprint

#10 Thrall: BOMBS!!!

#11 Thrall: Stab

#12 Thrall: CHAINSAW

#13 Thrall: Dodge

#14 Thrall: Guard

#15 Thrall: Block, Fend

#16 Thrall: Block, Tackle, Frenzy, Wild Animal

#17 Thrall: Block, Dauntless

#18 Thrall: Block

#19 Thrall: Block

#20 Thrall: Fend

#21 Thrall: Fend

#22 Thrall: Tackle

#23 Thrall: Wrestle

#24 Thrall: Kick

#25 Thrall: Stripball

#26 Thrall: Shadowing

#27 Thrall: Dauntless

#28 Thrall: Guard

#29 Thrall: Kick off Return

#30 Thrall: Side Step

Last edited by PainState on %b %06, %2014 - %16:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

bloody hell.

who gets the first pick?

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
bloody hell.

who gets the first pick?

Iam working on the draft order as you speak sir.

First picks will go to the new teams. Then the draft order will go from worst to first based on the regular season final standings.

So it will be 1-32 for round 1 and 32-1 for the second round.

You will draft 2 players. It will be a blind draft based on your rankings.

We know that the Servitors will be #32 because they had the best regular season record and then The nobnibblers will be #31 because they finished with the second best record...how the rest of the league falls into order...iam working on that.

There will actually be two draft order lists.

One for all the coaches drafting from the Khemri/Necro/Undead list and then a separate draft for the coaches who are drafting from the Vampire list.

Just so we are clear. YOU CANNOT DRAFT FROM THE VAMPIRE LIST INLESS YOU HAVE A VAMPIRE TEAM.

Last edited by PainState on %b %05, %2014 - %20:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

please explain the draft again.
do I draft a second ghoul? or does this only affect current active rookies on roster?

my wight for instance is on 5spp. so would I list him as draft player and the draft skills in order of preference?

sorry to sound so thick

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok lets walk through this.

You draft this guy: Ghoul/Throw-Ra: Block, Accurate, Safe Throw

He gets Block, Accurate, Safe Throw added to him. He has to be either a Ghoul or a Throw-Ra.

Those skills are added to a Ghoul or Throw- Ra CURRENTLY on your roster. He must be 0-5 SPP.

YOU ARE NOT getting a free new player with those skills added to your roster. The player must be on the roster to begin with.

NOW since we are in pending mode you could buy lets say a new ghoul. Give him a unique name and back story because you drafted him and the skills will be added to that player.

When we look at the Blitz-Ra/Wight/Wolf as an example. Khemri has Blitz-Ra, Necro has Wolf and wight and Undead has wights. There are only 11 players on the draft board that can be picked to fill one of those roles. So if you have a Khemri team and draft one of the Blitz-Ra/Wight/Wolf players the skills will go on a Blitz-Ra. If you have a undead team it will go on a Wight. If you have a necro team you need to announce or tell me that you are drafting a wolf or Wight.

Ghoul/Throw-Ra players...Khemri teams will have their Throw-Ra upgraded were as Necro and Undead will have one of their ghouls upgraded.

Tomb Guard/Mummy/Flesh Golem: Those are the 3 big guys on those rosters...I think you see by now were this is going.

The purpose of grouping positional players from the 3 rosters is so that the 3 rosters have to compete to get those players.

It is possible that you can not draft a certain type of positional...Lets say both of your Bltiz-Ra are over 6 SPP. Thus the only way you could draft a skilled up BLitz-Ra would be to fire one of your current Blitz-Ra, hire a new one and then have that player be your drafted skilled up Bltiz-Ra/Wight/Wolf pick.

Of course firing and hiring of new players requires gold.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The players are already ranked #1-52 and #1-30 on the vamp list. IF you desire you can just sit back. Rah-Ma has a crack draft team who will draft your players for you. Your team will use the default rankings and at some point in the near future you will see an announcement on your two new players.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

How is it a blind draft? How does that work? Do we send a list of all the picks we want in order? Or do you tell us what is left when it is our turn?

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok here is how Iam going to draft the players.

We have all 32 teams ranked from #1 to #32...#1 goes first.

I have all the teams draft lists or they are using the default draft list.

Team #1 goes first in Round 1.

They get what ever player that is ranked #1 on their draft list. That player is taken and is removed from EVERYONES draft list.

The #2 coach then goes...his #1 is still on his draft board because it is not the same player that Team #1 took. So he picks his #1 ranked player on his draft board. The player picked is removed from everyone's draft list.

Team #3 drafts then...Their #1 pick has already been taken so he gets his #2 ranked player on his list. that player is then removed from everyone's draft list

Team #4 Drafts. All of his top 3 players have been drafted so he would get his #4 pick on his draft chart.

Team #5 drafts. His top 4 picks have all been drafted so he will draft his #5 ranked player on his card.

Proceed all the way to #32.

Start of Second Round.

Team #32 picks to start the second round...so he is getting back to back picks.

Team #31 picks

team #30 picks

So on and so until the last pick of the draft is the #1 team..They got the very first pick and get the very last pick.

It is called blind because it is not a live draft but rather based on rankings. Everyone will submit a ranking list of all the players and I will use those lists to determine which players you get. Some people call this an auto draft also. Meaning you have no say besides the rankings of players and the computer picks your players based on your rankings of them.

Understand?

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach WhatBall sits in his usual spot on the sidelines at the Ka-Sabar Bedouins' remote testing facility in the deep desert. They've just arrived and the caravan is being unloaded. A few rookie skeletons are trying to impress him with their passing skills, but it goes unnoticed. He reflects upon the whirlwind last few days.

The previous trip out of the Khemri capital was on the heels of a frustrating loss to the Conquerors. As they left the city burned behind them. His team had been shut out for the first time ever, and he was not willing to lose anymore. After intense training, the team returned with a vengeance and bashed their way past the Quatar Kickin' Bones 2-1 in overtime. They had brought Whilhelm Chaney, knowing how the Bedouin despised those wretched dogs. First they broke the mutt's arm, then in the second half they badly hurt it. Finally, in overtime they killed it on a vicious gang foul. The win was too close for comfort for WhatBall, even with the six casualties.

The scoreline of the division semifinal against the Lybaras Sand Pounders made it look like an easy game, but it came at a huge cost. Sinnedbad was recruited and tore up the Bedouin. They lost 3 players, a huge blow after not having a single permanent death all season. This was a wake up call for the team. They knew they were going have to bring their best to win the KFC finals.

The Bedouin walked out onto the massive Grand Coliseum for the first time in centuries. This field was reserved for only the biggest games, division and KPL finals, or home games for Settra's chosen, the Dune Raiders. Coach WhatBall barked at the players.

"Get your heads out of the lights and crowd! We're here to play, not gawk in wonder. It is still the same game, and we MUST win! The Conquerors beat us last game, they shut us out! This unacceptable. And above all else, they have have blasphemed the name of proud Ka-Sabar, adopting the hyphen-less new spelling."

"We play for the traditions of those before us! We play for today's glory, and we play for tomorrow's immortality!"

The team instantly forgot the crowd, stadium, everything but their single goal, to maim, kill and move that spike ball to the other side of the pitch. The Ka Sabar Conquerors had lost the toss and were setting up to kick, still dazzled by the grandeur of it all. That is when the Bedouin lay into them like a curse borne upon a desert storm. Skeletons and zombies began to fall instantly and be carted away, some regenerating, others not. Undaunted, the sole Conqueror ghoul made a play for the ball along with super star wight Fadil. Having seen the potential of Sinnedbad, the team had taken him hostage after their previous game and forced him to play for them. He ran up to the ghoul Kosey and drove his sword deep into the ghoul's rib cage. He was too badly hurt to return. Muthnik Maghrabbar then lined up rival mummy Onuris and crushed him to a fine powder. Then the other mummy was felled and knocked out, never to return. It was earlier in the game and all that was left of the Conquerors was their wights and a crew of skeleton and zombie punching bags. The Bedouin drove on relentlessly, scoring easily.

The second half saw Fadil retrieve the ball, but the Bedouin tied up all the other players and pushed them back. They were able to free the ball and score a second score. With few player left, there was one final kick off. To cap off the game, the Bedouin, frustrated they could not injure Fadil, killed his his wight counter part to send a sign.

The division title had been secured, honour was returned to the name Ka-Sabar, and the fans revelled in the brutality they had witnessed. Coach WhatBall allowed himself a slight smile, then turned and headed back into the dugout. We must kill that disgusting mutt on the Nibblers, and most important, we must win. ...for glory, for immortality.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
pythrr wrote:
bloody hell.

who gets the first pick?

Iam working on the draft order as you speak sir.

First picks will go to the new teams. Then the draft order will go from worst to first based on the regular season final standings.

So it will be 1-32 for round 1 and 32-1 for the second round.

You will draft 2 players. It will be a blind draft based on your rankings.

We know that the Servitors will be #32 because they had the best regular season record and then The nobnibblers will be #31 because they finished with the second best record...how the rest of the league falls into order...iam working on that.

So, we get # 31 and 34. Cool beans!

Jump to: