31 coaches online • Server time: 11:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2014 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I am going to try out some Humans in the Box

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=762998

Scaramanga

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2014 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Gamma world just completed premiership sprint. Good job team !!!!!!!
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Nordland Sea Eagles Update!

Well! The Nordland Sea Eagles have got another win on the board! This time we got a bit lucky with some dodges and our new catcher Thomas Rutschig got off to a flyer with two excellent TD's. He skilled up and took Block (naturally) with our thrower Hans Eiken skilling up as well. Happily he got a double! I was choosing between Dodge and Strong Arm but I just felt that Strong Arm allows us more flexibility in our attack.

We managed to seriously injure two opposition players (Wight and Skeleton) and it was a very nice result.

Sea Eagles off to a bright start (2-0-2) in the Conference and here's hoping we can get better and better!

Nordland Sea Eagles 2-0 Some Dead Guy and His Buddies

One question. Should I bank my 140k? I am tempted to buy a catcher, replace my -AG lineman or buy a 4th RR. Please.... some thoughts here! If it helps, the picture (should) link to the team home page!
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Alfred Team finally reached 16 games in a CoS 2nd round loss vs evil Lizzies. A new season starts on Saturday.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to Gamma World and Alfred's Team on completing their Premiership Sprints. I find a well coached lizard team is a tougher match for humans than most of the cpombers out there, but there are still plenty of quality Human teams ready to defend our CoS qualifier.

Welcome to the lads Playing Tag with Ref, and go the Nordland Sea Eagles! In terms of the cash personally I'd let it build up some more and I'd keep the -Ag lineman until he dies or skills.

Join the Human League Premiership!
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
Congratulations to Gamma World and Alfred's Team on completing their Premiership Sprints. I find a well coached lizard team is a tougher match for humans than most of the cpombers out there, but there are still plenty of quality Human teams ready to defend our CoS qualifier.

Welcome to the lads Playing Tag with Ref, and go the Nordland Sea Eagles! In terms of the cash personally I'd let it build up some more and I'd keep the -Ag lineman until he dies or skills.

So bank the cash then. I will think about it. Another catcher or reroll could be handy...
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

11 Sprints completed, not a record (we got 12 in Season 12) but a close second.
Well done!

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a question.

How many Human League teams are running without an Ogre? I just ask because I got some interesting thoughts from gamelsetlmatch about it during our game. He smashed me if anyone is interested!

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

We don't: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=718791

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Ziggyny

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

My win rate spike way down when I was running with a bloated (but record setting) ogre. But as soon as he died I bought a new one and have been pretty happy with him, but mostly because he rolled block and not +AG/+MV.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm on a mission to build an Ogre legend, so I suspect I'll be running one for a long time yet. Opinions vary in regards to whether to have an Ogre or not and I'm not sold either way. Personally I think it's best to play both builds at varying times. I feel as though learning how to play both with and without an Ogre made me a better coach.

For a team that's living and dying on a 3+ the Ogre adds another element of risk thats got to be managed.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Scaramanga

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Without an ogre i lose and with one i lose too. But an ogre helps me to keep the dressromm quiet.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2014 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm.

Perhaps the best bet is to run one of each team. But I think I will keep going with the Nordland Sea Eagles and if the Ogre dies?? Perhaps not replace him.

"If he dies, he dies"

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2014 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of great teams run with an ogre though. Just get him block. Wink

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2014 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Hmmmm.

Perhaps the best bet is to run one of each team. But I think I will keep going with the Nordland Sea Eagles and if the Ogre dies?? Perhaps not replace him.

"If he dies, he dies"

Or run with one for your first 150 games, and then without one for the next 150 games.

Jump to: