33 coaches online • Server time: 15:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jmonforton

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2013 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

How about making any PO action a roll. on a 1. the Pile on hurts himself and rolls for inj.
This eliminates the crying about taking blood out of bloodbowl, makes PO have a chance for a bad outcome and keeps pretty close to what I see is the intent.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2013 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Count TV by adding spps and doubling instead of the current costs for skills.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2013 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Add risk to attempting to Pile On by introducing the same mechanic used when Fouling.
If you choose to use Piling On and you roll Doubles (as with Fouls) your turn may be ended and your player may be sent off. If you have a Bribe you may use it to attempt to keep your player on the pitch.
A team may use Piling On as many times as they care to in a turn before a turn over occurs. Teams may still Foul 1 time per turn regardless of the number of times they Pile On.

Fouling... the player making the Foul gets +1 to the AV roll IF they would normally be able to assist in the foul (ie they are not standing in an opponents TZ). Players with Dirty Player get an additional +1 when Fouling. (So effectively DP is +2 again.)

No other changes. Claw still stacks etc, etc, etc.
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2013 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Nuke it from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

__Synn
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2013 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If the rules were adjusted I wouldnt play the division until the CRP changed to fit the rules. Box is fine as it is. People play what they want, and unfortunately people like to play a LRB 4 style of bash. I think the changes that were already made are the right ones. Leave it alone.

Thanks to all for putting in the effort to make this site better.

Jeffro
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2013 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
koadah wrote:
happygrue wrote:
Synn wrote:
Nuke it from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

__Synn

Game over, man.

Did IQs drop sharply while i was away? Mr. Green

That's just great! Put her in charge!

__Synn

Seventeen days???
Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours!!!
Laughing

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2013 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

this may seem strange but...
- divide races into bashy and non-bashy, then
- to activate in [B], a bashy team must throw in also a non-bashy team (the rule can be made backwards also)

alternatively, every coach is given one team of every race to play in the box. the coach can freely "reset" the team as much as he likes, but when activating all the teams will be thrown in. base teams will be available as the suggested starting rosters in the help section.

Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2013 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Appoint a B Sheriff.
Appoint 2 deputies.
Give them the task of cleaning up B. insist all 3 mist agree for any action.
Look away while they get stuff done.
Move on.

No appeals, no investigation, no discussion, no bans issued for Divisions other than B. Just B teams deleted, and B bans enacted. Take out the trash.

Probably the best suggestion so far. 0 deviation from the rules, least amount of work to code, but oh so effective.

+1

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2014 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont touch PO/MB/CLAW combo. Let them hit you, let them Pile on you BUT make fouling stronger so coach will think twice before using Piling on.

If we make fouling stronger it would automaticly make teams with cheaper players better like Ogres, Gobling, Flings.

What do you think? Would +1 on injury while fouling be overpowered? And how would it affect on Box?

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2014 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

JMkiller wrote:
Dont touch PO/MB/CLAW combo. Let them hit you, let them Pile on you BUT make fouling stronger so coach will think twice before using Piling on.

If we make fouling stronger it would automaticly make teams with cheaper players better like Ogres, Gobling, Flings.

What do you think? Would +1 on injury while fouling be overpowered? And how would it affect on Box?

You know which races benefit most from improved fouling?

Those with access to (Claw)POMB.

Rolling Eyes
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2014 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

More carnage FTW!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2014 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

There you go, people who need blood would have some!

"How about making any PO action a roll. on a 1. the Pile on hurts himself and rolls for inj.
This eliminates the crying about taking blood out of bloodbowl, makes PO have a chance for a bad outcome and keeps pretty close to what I see is the intent."

I agrre to that!
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2014 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

My perfect blood bowl system has diversity, no picking, and no long waits for games. Here's how it looks in my head.

You create a new ranked system, into which you allow all existing B&R teams. This system does not allow picking or minmax cheese niche exploitation. Add a new open unranked/academy system, which has no ranking and no tournaments (this is recommended for newer coaches).

In the new ranked, force diversity: make sensible categories (a first pass suggestion below), or make all races a separate category. Then you force all coaches to play races in every category.

I think there's 2 good ways to do this. The first would be with little freedom:

To play ranked, every coach must activate at least one team of each category. The matchmaker prioritizes categories, to make games with the least played category most likely. To a lesser degree, it prioritizes categories/races that were less played against so far. TV still adds into the matchmaker, but with relatively low priority. Fling and Goblin teams get a slider/text box to set how much TV higher they want to count as, going from 0 to 500k.

To accomodate newer coaches, you could allow signup with any set of categories, provided the coach hasn't yet played 50 games or more with any of them.

The second system would offer more freedom:
Coaches may activate any category in which they have played no more than 20 (insert sensible number here) games more than their least played category. The big advantage is that this would allow people to choose 'I feel like playing this and that (type of) team now', while still forcing diversity on a larger timescale. The risk is that people play the races they want, and leave behind the ones they don't, which will lead to demotivated playing.

Either system would need a certain degree of concession policing, but I think fumbbl will always need that.

The removal of picking means people would still often build for bash over building funky weird builds, but at least completely diverse matchups make 'I only use clawpomb because I only run into AV9 bashers' no longer apply, nor 'I take 8 tackle and only look for dodgers, or 'I take 11 dodge and look for no/low tackle opponents.
The way I see it, either of these systems would solve diversity, would solve picking, and would solve the frequency with which we encounter minmax cheese.

And fortunately it is possible without changing ANYTHING in the rules or in the client, it's only how we manage our league matchmaking (which any league has to agree on), and not how we play our games. Guaranteed house-rule free!

suggested category listing:

• chaos, nurgle (very scary late)
  • necro, cdwarf (scary with doubles)
  • pact, underworld (scary with normals)
  • skaven, lizardman (brilliant at any TV)
  • dwarf, orc (tough and bashy)
  • wood elf, pro elf (squishy elf)
  • high elf, dark elf (crunchy elf)
  • amazons, undead (great early)
  • halfling, ogre, goblin (fun but not winning)
  • slann, vampire (funky aggressive defenders)
  • khemri, norse, human (awkward tweeners)

If we would start to tinker with the actual rules, I would argue for an altered TV adjustment, with +5/10/15/20/25k TV at players' experienced/veteran/star/superstar/legend level. Also, I would make AG 25, and ST 40k TV. I think this would somewhat offset some of the cheesiest builds and stat increase rejections.

I don't think (c)PO is too good for winning games. Bashers win, but not crazy much. It DOES damage teams a tad much; you could make any PO max out at a MNG result (not BH because then apo makes it auto-recover) to offset that.

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %05, %2014 - %13:%Mar; edited 3 times in total
Valleysbowler

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2014 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Make PO follow the same rules for fouling, eject the player on a double?
your doing the same thing really, hitting a player on the floor?

also if you stop everyone except big guys from having PO what about muumies and tomb guardians? do they count as big buys? coz ye theyre str5 but aside from decay have no Nega-traits or loner they are basically just str5 positionals. Just saying
Topper

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2014 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Make one of two overall changes:
A)
1) Claw is a unmodified roll
2) PO only allowed on injury roll.

B)
1) Claw & MB works together as usual
2) PO is removed

However any nerf on PO would be appreciated. As it is now it´s the most broken skill at all - and one that has moved the game from tactical movement towards all out dice rolling.
 Jump to: