15 coaches online • Server time: 04:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2013 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Cloggy wrote:
A truly new concept like Slann is fun of course, but I seriously doubt you could make another 10 races that are something really different and not a blend of two or more things we already had.

More skill gimmick teams would be great I think, being able to start a 1000k team where every player has some non-top tier skill, everyone wants to try the all fend team or all pro team but building them is such a huge task. Smile

Totally agree.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2013 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Better balanced races would add to the diversity. Surprised

+1

We already have plenty of races but people are just not playing them. In the Box at least.

Go ARR!

Oh yeah, and support the CPOMB nerfs! Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2013 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The only way you'd get more diversity is if the new races had access to C-Pomb or if you got rid of Pile On, which most people agree is a broken skill.
Madmin

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2013 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="DrPoods"]I must say I think a number of 32 would (hopefully) create more diversity in teams you will face.

This is exactly what i said in your previous thread. I went for 32 because i thought it would be a really workable number: you could easily plan a KO tournament with one team of each race without any byes or leftovers, with much more variety than 16, which would be the next best thing. I'd like to see a little more love for stunties playing regular [R] and [B] matches, such as Nautican, who incidentally would go hand in hand with a release of Pirates of Sartosa and Sea Elves if there was an overseas theme.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

@Madmin, the post indicates my agreement with you mate!

It's the point at which the previous thread was split! And don't forget the Dwarven Engineers! That would be a fun roster in my opinion.

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

A roster I would like to see is one for werewolves and they fit the fluff since there was a whole team of them.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think paring the existing rosters to like 16 primary ones and then taking the other 8 and adding 8 more to create a list of 16 "optional" (read: weird and possibly underpowered) races would be an awesome move for LRB7.

I agree that Zons need work. I don't like the costing suggestions. 60k re-rolls, MA7 80k Catchers, AV8 Blitzers? Bloodlust on non-Loner Demons is fine, linos don't need Thrall if there's only one on the pitch. Heck, if there's only one, he can be Loner and have G access, so you gotta give him Pro ASAP because until then he's the worst kind of liability. Or even better, you can have a positional with Thrall. In fact, it would be hilarious if the team had nobody with Thrall except:

0-2 Sorcerer of Slaanesh. 6 3 4 8 Hypnotic Gaze, Regenerate, Thick Skull, Thrall GPM/AS 120k

or something.

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the problem is that blood lust doesn't exactly suit instability, however it's the closest thing we have.

I think it's better to have 'no thralls' otherwise it's blood lust not instability. However with turnovers for failed bites, makes it difficult with the client.

Blood Lust, no thralls, no turnover but player leaves the pitch (i.e. becomes unstable) is perfect.

Sorcerer would be Tzeentch. You could also put him on a disc and give him a large MA. Also Khorne and Slaanesh would probably not play together. It's best to separate the chaos powers, especially if you are including demons.

Deamonettes are fun coming with claw but with low av. I think I run mine as 6 3 3 7 AG/PS Claw, Dodge.
fidius

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that diversity would happen if the races were closer to one another in potency. But the way there must involve a massive skill re-vamp imo. For example, Zons: are they as overpowered if Dodge only works on the block dice, and not the dodge action? Are Dwarfs overpowered if they start with a defensive Block skill but only Blitzers get the offensive version? Are Chaos overpowered if they can't spam the killstack?

Once you introduce more granularity to skill power (and more skills), you get way more options for team-building and can fine-tune rosters.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Balanced rules = more diversity

Same rules, more races = same crap

It isnt that hard...
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2013 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Balanced rules = more diversity

Same rules, more races = same crap

It isnt that hard...

+1

Personally I think there should only be two teams...good guys...bad guys. Same stats, skills, and choices...just different names.