20 coaches online • Server time: 09:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to have this team in Stunty?
Hell, yeah!
34%
 34%  [ 12 ]
Damn, no!
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Yes, but you should change this and that (explain)
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Okay, somebody please ban him
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 35

Crook666

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, this looks good to me. What you think?

FLUFF:
At a certain point of their history, some gnomes got lost into the deepest caves under the mountains and never came back. Alone, forgotten by their fellows, they had no choice but try to establish a new society in the underground, a world made of shadows and dark, a cold place in which they breed between themselves and with other abominable creatures. In time, with no sunlight, no clean water, eating lichens, rat flesh and mushrooms, they grew up less resistant, while some of them found a little deposit of Warpstone in the deep abyss of the earth's core and started to feed on it. With no trace of the technology they used to have, weak, shunned by their fellows, they started to bear a great grudge towards their lost brothers who never came to rescue them, and decided to play Blood Bowl to show that they exist, after all, and that even in the darkness, where horrible things crawl and weird powers lie in glowing stones, black souls can flourish and live in spite of the outer world.

General Thoughts and Overview:
A evil roster is what we need, IMO. To give the idea of how evil these Dark Gnomes are I gave sneaky git to linos. They are weaker than normal gnomes with no thick skull and no S access, but they know how to foul without being seen,. The team doesn't look overpowered as nobody got G access (like Pro-Flings). The Champion can be a good ball handler and can develop into a passer as well, Brutes can be blockers and throw team mates with good results. Obviously they don't have dodge nor G access, and ST3 is compensated by a negtrait like bonehead. Warpstone Warriors can be blitzers but even if they can have claws they don't look overpowered as no G access. Finally, the idea of a Wood Armor Suit looks funny enough. He doesn't have negtraits but he can be sent out by the ref and he's slow.

Apo: yes
Rerolls: 55K (110K after team creation)

0-10 Dark Gnomes (60K)

[4/2/3/8]
[Stunty/Dodge/Right Stuff/Sneaky Git]
[A]

Dark Gnomes are less resistant than normal ones, since the darkness in which they live, along with a poor nourishment, weakened their muscles and bones. They are an evil, vicious race who has no honor on the pitch, they have learned to foul in the same sneaky way they move in dark tunnels.

0-1 Underground Champion (70K)

[5/2/3/7]
[Stunty/Dodge/Right Stuff//Wrestle/Nerves of Steel]
[A]

Underground Champions are trained to be the most versatile players in the team. At the age of 10 they are introduced to an extremely hard training consisting of fighting, running, ball handling and meditation. Then when they turn 15 they are sent away from the city for three years, to strengthen their minds in loneliness. If they return, they are ready to play. They know how to fight and bring down opponents and can catch and pass a ball in every situation. Since they have to run, they wear a weaker armor.

0-2 Brute (85K)

[4/3/2/8]
[Throw Team Mate/Strong Arm/Bonehead]
[S]

A Brute is a Dark Gnome who grew his arms muscles in an abnormal way, a crazy basher always wishing to prove his strength. They are so strong that they can throw their fellows, but an existence dedicated to violence and rock-lifting left their brain underdeveloped, so often they stood in confusion not able to remember what they were doing.

0-2 Warpstone Warriors (75K)

[4/2/3/8]
[Stunty/Right Stuff/Dodge/Regeneration]
[A,M]

At the beginning some gnomes, desperate to find somethin' to eat, decided to feed on the Warpstone that grew in the deepest tunnels. Quickly they became addicted to it, and started to eat it in large quantities. The Warpstone changed their DNA and bodies, they lost hair, their skin turned a glowing yellow, they started to mutate. Soon, they found their flesh could regenerate if they were harmed, and now they are the most important elite in the underground cities of Dark Gnomes, feared by their fellows as well.

0- 1 Wood Armor Suit (110K)

[3/5/1/9]
[Mighty Blow/Thick Skull]
[S]
[secret weapon roll 10+]

Dark Gnomes almost lost every memory of the technology they used to have. They aren't able to make explosives, nor to build giant machines or else. The last engineers could do no better that assemble huge armors with the wood of some trees that grow in the underground forest caves, with simple gears that allows them to move. This wooden armor suits must be maneuvered by a driver, who sits in a hollow in the center of the body. Often the referee mistakes these thing for alive creatures, but can happen that he finds the deception and then he bans the Wood Armor Suit from the game.

Last edited by Crook666 on %b %29, %2013 - %19:%Dec; edited 5 times in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, ignoring the obvious dark omen that your suggestion was post number 579666, I think AV8 is enough for the Warpstone Warriors. Is there fluff for why it should be 9? And it sounds like the Brutes might need a nudge to remind them what they are doing, so maybe Really Stupid instead of Bonehead? Nice work though, good icons.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

AV9 on warpstone warrior was a mistake, i fixed it. Maybe really stupid would be too hard for them. i'll think about it though.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

only problem I can see,
possible to start with 10 DP players?????????
think that is way too much

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe:
Dark Gnome 0-16
[4/2/3/8]
[Stunty/Dodge/Right Stuff/Sneaky Git]
[A]

I do think 10 dp is a bit much.

You could even add:
Evil Prankster 0-2
[4/2/3/7]
[Stunty/Dodge/Right Stuff/Dirty Player]
[A]
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

10dp is the team I would use in stunty. Make it so!

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Why I shall use other Players when I can have 16 DPs (@start), for perma fouling, who can Block good aswell. Sneaky Git would be better, and 60Points be to cheap for the DPs. there cost only 10k more as the normal Gnomes.

Bye the Way the Gnomes get the Dodge skill for free for a Tourney in mid of the Year, now is End of the Year, when will the Cost be adjust?
Crook666

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think ya guys are right. I replaced DP with SG. Also this way team looks a bit too weak, so i was thinking to replace A acces on the Warpstone Warrior with G, but allow only one of them in the team, and 2 Underground Champions instead. What you think?
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the theme of the team. I have to say, that I don't like the idea of a St3 Throw team mate player. Maybe if you could incorporate a machine to launch them, like a catapult or giant sling? Good Work on the team.

Jeffro
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I should explain more. In 3rd Edition any St5 player could pick TTM as a skill. I always like the idea (in essence) of keeping it that way, but there were flaws in that. So a Lineman with +2 ST could throw a right stuff player. I would like it a bit different. I don't play Stunty much, but I have been thinking about it more and more.

Jeffro
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

More gnomes?
ZzzZzzZzz...

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Because of the nature of Stunty and the usual traits that accompany it (low armor, low strength, dodge), I think Dirty Player falls into a small category of skills that can never be spammed on linemen–– the others being Block, Tackle, Mighty Blow, and Stab. I dunno what you could give them instead, but I'm not sure they need anything–– AV8 is already super.

The Brutes are very weak right now–– no Mighty Blow, Bone-head and bad skill access will mean that they will skill slowly and poorly. Luckily, Mighty Blow makes perfect fluff sense–- why not give them that? This would give them non-loner 3 MB players right out of the box, which is good, but not unprecedented. You could balance the bash by giving them Av7 (your icon does seem to harken to the unarmored Troll-Slayers) which would mean you'd have to play a bit conservatively with them.

It also looks like the only reliable baller would be the 0-1 Underground Champion, who seems skilled like he's intended to be a blitzer type. This player seems a bit of an anomaly to me–– I don't see what role he's supposed to play, exactly, and I think he will inevitably end up being a SPP magnet, to detriment of the rest of the team. Why not remove him and make your Warpstone Warriors something like this?
0-4 5238 Stunty, Right Stuff, Dodge, Regeneration, Right Stuff, (maybe Pro?) ASM

I think versatile 0-4 players (e.g. Human Blitzers, Gutter Runners) is a fun team-development area, and something that Stunty Leeg currently lacks. Although more Regen would make the team very resilient (in a way that could make it annoying to play against), you could set them apart from other teams by removing the Apo, which would take out some of the staying-power.

Looks like it has some potential, though–– a really fun and hard team for experienced coaches.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

although I like these and the other team you made, need to make a NEW team.
These are based on Gnomes, Last team was based on Strigoyan.

Need a new race to be created.
Robot team? sounds funny.
Ghosts

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem is that you need to have the Fluff: Fluff means that the team must be somehow based on Warhammer Universe, so if you invent a totally new race people will say that there is no Fluff. Then you create one with fluff and they say "oh, no, we already have a team based on that race! We need somethin' more original, like Pro-Halflings!"

Honestly I make these rosters ideas only for the fun of it, I know they'll never be accepted. You can search in the forum and have fun in looking at all my crazy ideas Smile
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2013 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

one day they may be accepted.
I have seen some of the other rostas. all ideas are great.
don't get me wrong I love the ideas you have posted.