19 coaches online • Server time: 01:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks @Smeat. You hit the nail on the head there. I meant a blueprint in the grand scheme of things but it is dependent on rolls made if the players gain skills.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2014 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, forgive me for the noobish question but I see my rating for the Rookie League is "147/204" is that good, bad or average?

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2014 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Hey, forgive me for the noobish question but I see my rating for the Rookie League is "147/204" is that good, bad or average?

I believe you are talking about your TS. That's an old metric, which was LRB 4 and just hasn't been removed yet...you can ignore the 204 number Smile.

It was an attempt to create a more "fair" matching system, and certain skills were prioritized higher. When CRP rolled around, it turns out a "base" nurgle team had a very high TS, but due to the differences in skills, a incommensurate level of ability.

Basically; legacy number, ignore, will probably be removed sooner or later!

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2014 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks! Well, that clears it up a lot.

Cheers @Hitonagashi.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2014 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone!

Got another team question here. Should I buy another RR for the Botfly Ballers?

Full complement of Pestigors/Warriors and a Beast. 12 players. What do you think? I could bank the cash in case of an injury or something. Oh yeah, and any thoughts on the team so far would be great! Now 5-0-5! All thanks to the help you guys are giving me!

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2014 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

3 is usually enough for nurgle after you start adding in some skills, but then again, sometimes 4 is better.

As you are in L and shouldn't be that concerned about TV I'd say add one if you feel like you need it.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2014 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I do! Especially against the better teams.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2014 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Purchased the RR. Pleased with that.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2014 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I only had a short glance at the posts. But since i had another reread of some of the playbooks on plasmaoid, id like to mention that the beast is (or tentacles on a ST5 guy) a specifically good weapon against agility teams. Since you said facing bashy opponents made you think about the beast.

I also saw it working splendid vs. elves several times. I always had the impression that the Beast of Nurgle counted as one of the best big guys around and one really worthwhile to have.
Dont know if RR or Beast. Just thought the beast might have gotten a much more negative review in this thread then it gets in general.
If this was mentioned already or is of no help, sorry.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2014 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

beast rocks - buy the beast

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Botfly Ballers are starting to develop nicely. But I worry I have stuffed up a little in three ways.

1. My Warrior got a +MV/+AV roll. He didn't have Block so I ignored the stat. Wise or silly?

2. A Pestigor rolled a +AG. An AG4 Pestigor? He didn't have Block yet but I already have a couple who can take players on. Again, wise or silly?

3. Slobberloon the Pestigor skilled up. He has block, so I took Claw. Should it have been MB?
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Botfly Ballers are starting to develop nicely. But I worry I have stuffed up a little in three ways.

1. My Warrior got a +MV/+AV roll. He didn't have Block so I ignored the stat. Wise or silly?

2. A Pestigor rolled a +AG. An AG4 Pestigor? He didn't have Block yet but I already have a couple who can take players on. Again, wise or silly?

3. Slobberloon the Pestigor skilled up. He has block, so I took Claw. Should it have been MB?

1. Wise. +AV isn't that great on an AV9, and +MA won't make him that much more flexible because he's still AG2.

2. Get the AG4! Hells yeah!. An AG4 carrier is something EVERY team wants.
Herbert is singlehandedly responsible for my Nurgles' crazy W/D/L record. =D
If you're more adventurous (and since he doesn't have block yet) you could even opt to build him into an awesome sacker with wrestle, tackle, leap on doubles, and very long legs. 2+ ST4 leaping blitz? yes please! That's the plan with Caerno anyway. But... block sure hands would be the default progression.

3. Yeah, I don't see the point of claw before mb. Mb is purely better vs av8 or lower (which is almost anyone, really), and claw isn't that much better even vs av9. The only reason I'd take claw before mb is on doubles on a skaven stormvermin or CD blocker.

Also: yes to getting a beast! And then cross your fingers and hope for a +ST (and some doubles while you're at it)

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %30, %2014 - %14:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Get the AG4! Hells yeah!. An AG4 carrier is something EVERY team wants.
Herbert is singlehandedly responsible for my Nurgles' crazy W/D/L record. =D

Thanks mate!

By the by, I had already taken the skills and was trying to make myself more confident in the picks! I am a lot more confident with Nurgle (6-0-5) but skill progression is a struggle with so many seemingly good options.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Goremaul just skilled up too! Took Claw to go with Block/MB. Really hoping for a double next. Will take Dodge! Hmmmm...

(Second guessing my own post!)

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2014 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Goremaul just skilled up too! Took Claw to go with Block/MB. Really hoping for a double next. Will take Dodge! Hmmmm...

(Second guessing my own post!)

NOOO!!!!

On a doubles you take jump up so that you can us PO without consequence Smile

Also, I would definitely take MA on a warrior. MA5 is much superior to MA4. It means you can take frenzy on him later and use him a bit as a presti, who are also st4 on a blitz, and can also be a real scare with frenzy.

Though, Block should help him skill a bit faster anyway.
 Jump to: