59 coaches online • Server time: 19:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2014 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Whatball, I'd be glad to see you work your magic on mine; I admit I was a little sloppy on the white borders of the monster:

https://fumbbl.com/i/381861

BTW, if my string of dicings continues for 2 more games, I'll be sure to give my team some proper player pics and bios.

Heading out, will fix. And I will get back to you too Sonrises.

Rabid Ruffians
If I have to watch these dirty one-turners, I might as well be looking at a cleaner logo. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2014 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Royal Cookie Crumble
Let me know if the swap to white is ok, and the area around the cookie.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2014 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Great stuff! Team logos and WhatBall rule! \o/

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2014 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Erdsa Longrit

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2014 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

You should be making them donate for this whatball! Looks like you can clean them up very quickly, a guide might be handy, if you want to see your FUMBBL look as pretty as you want it.

Tauro's Tanith logo I'm almost certain is illegal, and needs to be removed ASAP.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2014 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Do B tourneys count as tourneys? Very Happy

__Synn

Not as much as S tournies, but I suppose I can do something for you. Razz

Rope-Pull Mafia
You seem to be the only person attempting a logo in the CoS, so I thought I'd try to pull something off for you. (The white will show up nicely on the pitch, even though it is a bit hard to see here. I did an outlined alternate if you prefer that.)

Image or Image

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %23, %2014 - %03:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2014 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
You should be making them donate for this whatball! Looks like you can clean them up very quickly, a guide might be handy, if you want to see your FUMBBL look as pretty as you want it.

Tauro's Tanith logo I'm almost certain is illegal, and needs to be removed ASAP.

Thanks Mr. Mouse.

If people want to donate for them, that is great, I highly encourage it. What is Tanith, some Gramma Wendy thing?

I can try and make a quick tutorial sometime soon. Would probably take me longer to make that than do 30 of these though, but great in the long run.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2014 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and if Jumboparagon stumbles across this thread, I still owe you a logo for the Nuffleboppers, just trying to find the right imagery to use.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2014 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Tanith is the homeworld of Gaunt's Ghosts, a series of books about an Imperial Guard unit from GW, and yeah, I'm pretty sure that logo is official artwork, unfortunately.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2014 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
What is Tanith, some Gramma Wendy thing?

I can try and make a quick tutorial sometime soon. Would probably take me longer to make that than do 30 of these though, but great in the long run.

Yes it is. Remember people, Granny would love to close this site down, so don't buy ammo for her.

Remove backgrounds isn't easy, it's when logos are hand drawn and you get that 'grey' area between the logo and the background which causes problems. Particularly on old ones that have been uploaded.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2014 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
What is Tanith, some Gramma Wendy thing?

Yes it is. Remember people, Granny would love to close this site down, so don't buy ammo for her.

Remove backgrounds isn't easy, it's when logos are hand drawn and you get that 'grey' area between the logo and the background which causes problems. Particularly on old ones that have been uploaded.

Deleted from my gallery. Sorry Tauro. I can help with another image if you find something.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2014 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Not your fault WB, we're all sorry you wasted your time. Someone else should have known better though!
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2014 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Erdsa Longrit

Wow, you are the best!
C3I2

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2014 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Lunar Godess...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanith

Also, Mouse you might want to brush up on torts.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2014 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not the use of the word Tanith, it's the use of that specific piece of artwork, which definitely was produced by GW (see the cover of their book Vermilion Level, for example).

And the details of tort law are largely irrelevant, as GW can and will request that this site avoids the use of any of their official artwork. Merely the threat of legal action from them (against a site which Christer runs out of pocket) is enough that we should abide by their wishes, regardless of whether they would actually win a case which is never going to get to court anyway because of the costs involved.