90 coaches online • Server time: 21:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jokaero

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2014 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Might there be a possibility to have this team's box removed for the CoS final? Rolling Eyes
http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=640883
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2014 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatLogoâ„¢? I don't see anything?

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2014 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Jokaero wrote:
Might there be a possibility to have this team's box removed for the CoS final? Rolling Eyes
http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=640883

This team needs a logo! No team should be allow to play a Major final without logo! Cool Very Happy Shocked Laughing
Jokaero

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2014 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

sonrises wrote:

This team needs a logo! No team should be allow to play a Major final without logo! Cool Very Happy Shocked Laughing

That was actually my point. Rolling Eyes

sorry for being stupid but I didn't really get the initial call. What exactly was meant by:
WhatBall wrote:

If you have a team that is in the final 8 of a tournament and needs a box removed

What box? Embarassed
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2014 - 05:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Jokaero wrote:
sonrises wrote:

That was actually my point. Rolling Eyes

sorry for being stupid but I didn't really get the initial call. What exactly was meant by:
WhatBall wrote:

If you have a team that is in the final 8 of a tournament and needs a box removed

What box? Embarassed

Small boxes are $4.99, large ones are $2.99! We do bulk discount. Are you saying you want a logo? Cool

Tauro, felt bad you had to delete your logo, hope this makes up for it. (Large one is for your team page, etc., the K size is too big for a field logo.

Primero y Unico
Image Image

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2014 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

A cool logo for $4.99? Sure I want one.
I still don't get the box thing (probably language issues on my side). Is it Box = Team Logo? Then why would anyone want to have theirs removed? I'm confused.

Is there a link in this thread I seemed to have missed? Confused
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2014 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, if you look at this team https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=684168 (sorry Prov, just the first one I stumbled across) their logo image has a big square white background, that's a box. So Whatball is taking logos with that sort of background and making them transparent, to get rid of the box. Which makes them look a lot nicer.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2014 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow!, pretty amazing work, thanks a lot WhatBall!!! Smile
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2014 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Tauro wrote:

What is this? Did Tauro play with illegal logo? I then hope some admin could make me the winner of our quarterfinal then since he used that illegal logo in that game. According to WO rules p. 157 Paragraph 2034, this is the only alternative.

PC? Azure? This is outragous! So is my spelling of Outragous!
sonrises

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2014 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatball pls i need more lessons on image editing.
As i told you, i can't save files in PNG in my PC so i have to reedit each time from map of bits.
Butn this one was impossible to remove the box cleanly!

any tip appreciated
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2014 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, here is what you do:

1. Find the image you want to resize/use/etc. Right-click and Copy Image Location.
2. Open pixlr.com/editor
3. Select Open Image from URL
4. Paste in the image URL
5. Resize the image as desired: Image>Image Size
6. (Optional) If the downsized image is a little "fuzzy", use Filter>Unsharp Mask to sharpen it up a bit. The default settings are quite decent, but you can tweak a bit if needed.
7. Save the image, make sure you choose PNG format. Save it to your desktop, or wherever on your PC.

That is it.

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %27, %2014 - %16:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2014 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Really? That's all? Wow... gotta try that next time I want something clean... Thanks!

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2014 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Really? That's all? Wow... gotta try that next time I want something clean... Thanks!

Yup, that easy. I will try and do a tutorial for removing backgrounds soon. I also added an optional step for sharpening images that are resized.

Tauro wrote:

My pleasure. Hope it eases the potential loss due to protest from running and illegal logo in the last round. Laughing

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, is this to say there's an official change in the site rules on logos? What about logos designed to interact with the coloring of the pitch? Cropping backgrounds isn't a technical challenge for me so much as an artistic one. My logos will mostly have to be re-thought if that's the case.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2014 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Wait, is this to say there's an official change in the site rules on logos? What about logos designed to interact with the coloring of the pitch? Cropping backgrounds isn't a technical challenge for me so much as an artistic one. My logos will mostly have to be re-thought if that's the case.

Laughing
No, BooAhl was joking about protesting his loss, because Tauro's logo was "illegal" as it was GW artwork. The only site policy being discussed is not using any GW artwork.