28 coaches online • Server time: 01:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Necro and Undead discussion
Necro lose their Golems and Undead lose a Mummy
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Golems and Mummies get decay
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Iam with Settra of no nerfs to rosters..KPL is fine as is.
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
I have a better idea beside getting rid of all rosters but Khemri
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
PIE: Iam just hanging out eating the pie and drinking Settras brown ale.
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

PainState

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The royal court of Tomb King Settra is buzzin. All the coaches of the KPL are in attendance with a bunch of ast. coaches and a few players. Settra is going to open the floor for a discussion about issues in the KPL.

"Ma-Rah I think this is a idiotic idea you are floating. Iam just going to hear a bunch of cry babies moaning and complaining."

"My King it is good to hear from the coaches. Get their feed back. That way when you shut them down they atleast feel like they tired."

"Ok, Rah-ma I will go along with this But if anybody crosses the line to much. Well then I might have to liven up this party."

"You promised me and the coaches that there would be no killing."

Settra kicks the dirt and gives Rah-Ma that look. Settra walks into the room and the place goes silent. He takes his seat and gives all the coaches that penetrating gaze. Rah-ma approaches the front of the dais to open up the disucssion.

"Coaches of the KPL welcome to the royal court of Tomb King Settra. This will be a open discussion about some of the changes and the issues with the KPL. I will get right down to it."

1) Are coaches in favor of keeping the Divisonal system we have currently in place? 3 matches against your divisonal rivals and then 7 matches in conference play? IF not then what system would you like? Move to mass conference play?

Rah-ma opens with what he thinks is the easy one first. Get that out of the way. He sucks in his breath and then dives into the big one. The necro and Undead teams.

2)The KPL has restricted the necro and undead teams to 2 of each max in each conference. Settra believes that restriction is all that is needed to balance out the KPL BUT obviously some of you do not think so.

Settra is willing to hear your ideas. His stance on this issue is very clear and it is obvious which of the 4 proposed changes or no changes he believes in. So make your case why Settra is wrong, answer the poll question and Settra may or may not use the results as a butt wipe.

1)The necro and undead nerf: Necro lose their Golems and Undead lose one Mummy.

2)The sands of time catch up with the Necro and Undead roster in the lands of Khemri...Golems and Mummies now have Decay added to them.

3)There is no need for any roster nerf of the Undead and Necro rosters....Iam with Settra and support no nerfs on any roster in the KPL.

4)I have a better option that does not involve getting rid of all teams but Khemri and/or vampire. I will post it for your review and contemplation

Ok, so there we go, lets hear what you really think.

Settra is giving you the gaze

Last edited by PainState on %b %07, %2014 - %20:%May; edited 2 times in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Rabe is hanging out on a seat far in the back, eating the pie and drinking Settra's brown ale. He is following Rah-ma's questions and the other coaches reactions with interest though.

Last edited by Rabe on %b %05, %2014 - %18:%May; edited 1 time in total
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach PaddyMick watches with interest as he has never coached a necro and undead team and he would like a go at it, and he also likes the sound of the KPL.
Beerox

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

1) I would really like to keep the rivalries, and therefore divisions, going. That was a great improvement S2 made IMO. Without opponent familiarity, league play loses its luster over time. A round robin pool is a yawner. Let the Heretics punch the Vatican in the face numerous times each season. During an poor season, at least I can foul my rivals to death. It's a long year for the bottom half of the pack. (well, if I ever get stuck there again... Smile)
Is there any way to display cumulative record for divisional round+ inter-conference play? That would solve the confusion some had.

2) Necro/Undead:
Well. The current system essentially appoints 4 uniquely entitled feudal lords to each conference, to stand tall and smirk at the rank and file as they fumble with the spiked ball. *
So... what Necro coaches want to rescind their special entitlement? Anyone?

You'd be better off making them unlimited again, rather than endowing a privileged class. Oh, and stick them where it hurts.
This mummy and golem talk is window dressing. Cmon Settra, cripple the pretty boy stars. The spiked ball should be an equal opportunity widow-maker.
Use your immense powers. Smash their hands with a rock. Make Ghouls, Wights, and Wolves AG2.
Ahhh, a thing of beauty. A fuzzy superstar, once great, stabbed through the heart.

* I know, I know, the Heretics are undefeated this season. But they will also have to get past both Necro teams to escape the conference. With the KFC Necro teams both guided by deft coaching, this will an annual obstacle. They have 2 losses between them, both fluke-ish.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of the coaches are hobnobbing in the back of the room talking about the up coming draft. The discussion seems to hinge on a rumor from the east.

Some are saying that a sentinal of Mahrak has broken his vow of protection over the city and has entered the draft.

Mordain the Sentinal of Mahrak

Tomb Guardian: +St, Mighty Blow, Block, Break Tackle, Disturbing Pressence and Foul Appearance. 280TV of pure beast.

Speculation is all over the board if this monstrosity will enter the KPL draft in season #3.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

- I like the idea of rivalries, so a system that keeps that would be great, if possible.

- I like the spiked ball, despite it costing me a few games and players.

- Removing AG form Necro/UD would be almost the same as getting them out of the league. Wolves would still be very useful with MA8 & Claw, but Necro would be scrapped as a team. AG2 Ghouls would just be a massive liability. The Thro-ra are also the only player to start with Sure Hands in the league, which is pretty good with the spiked ball.

Maybe a limit of the two Wights and 2 more AG3 players for those teams? UD, cap at 2 ghouls, and Necro 2 ghouls or wolves (or 1 of each). That would keep Necro from not having to risk their wolves as carriers, and the ghouls as hitters. Anything more, and you cripple them.

- Less is more for teams. No need for 16 per conference, just a reliable core set of coaches.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Settra is starting to get bored with this dumb idea from Rah-ma

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ra-Nken'sten didn't like "rivalries" and 2 different tournaments in the main season. "Boring snoring" he mentioned before he was turned to dust by Settra's wrath.

Before his khremation, he also suggested an alternative draft system:

No racial hard caps - a hard distribution of draft players by the desired mix instead.

Don't mix positionals which do not fit, only mix identical positions (i. e. zombies, skeletons, ghouls, wights)

Another variant would be to offer the following players (assuming 24 teams and a desired racial distribution of 3-1-1-1):

6 tomb guardians
3 blitz-ras
3 throw-ras
1 mummy
1 werewolf
1 flesh golem
3 vampires
5 thralls
2 wights (1+1)
3 ghouls (2+1)
8 zombies (4+4)
16 skeletons (12+4)

If you really want to go khrazy, then allow teams to draft players regardless of roster with this scenario.

Ra-Nken didn't know about Stab and Chainsaw, but B&C as well as Bombs were utter crap. Please remove SW form such players or at least allow them to pick up skills at 6 SPPs like other SW-players.
Azure

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Prince Asher and Prince Aidan enter the dimly lit room to report to Coach Azure.

"It is as expected. They are afraid of us!"

"No surprise. Whatever they decide is fine by us. We shall win no matter the obstacles."

Prince Asher shifts his feet uneasily. Swallowing he brings up the subject that he hoped he would never have to...

"Will you leave us? If the other weakling coaches push Settra too hard and he caves to them - will you leave us as coach?"

Coach Azure peered deeply at his son for a moment before responding in a kinder voice than he normally used.

"Worry not - if they wish to outlaw us, then you will come with me as assistant coaches and we will raise an army of vampires to dominate these fools."
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Necros have no place in the league. Makes no sense what so ever from a fluff perspective. And since this is a fluff league. Kick them out.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

- Removing AG form Necro/UD would be almost the same as getting them out of the league. Wolves would still be very useful with MA8 & Claw, but Necro would be scrapped as a team. AG2 Ghouls would just be a massive liability. The Thro-ra are also the only player to start with Sure Hands in the league, which is pretty good with the spiked ball.

AG2 ghouls... Damn, you just made me laugh.
Anyways, sounds good to me Twisted Evil

I am too lazy to do the full season work, but if you look at the conference game page Necro are 15-3 this season (not counting the 0-1 dropout coach).
They have a loooong way to go before they approach scrap-heap level. Removing some AG from somewhere would not immediately make them garbage.

If they are to remain powerful so be it, but it is clearly rubbing people the wrong way so get used to it. I think the "2 per conference" thing just makes it worse.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go see if halfling league will accept 1 dwarf coach.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
"Worry not - if they wish to outlaw us, then you will come with me as assistant coaches and we will raise an army of vampires to dominate these fools."

For the love of all that is holy, do NOT let Azure have vamps in the KPL lest you end up against this. One day vamps will rule the KPL...

Here is a wacky idea, instead of trying to cripple all the other teams, what about +AG as the first skill on all Thro-Ras. Automatically added at hiring, they do not get another skill until 16 SPP. This can be added retroactively to the current ones. This makes Khemri, with its 4 ST5 players, a huge force now. Is it too much? I don't know...

Fluff: The KPL is the best of the best, surely they can dig up some old elf bones... Very Happy

Frankenstein wrote:
Ra-Nken didn't know about Stab and Chainsaw, but B&C as well as Bombs were utter crap. Please remove SW form such players or at least allow them to pick up skills at 6 SPPs like other SW-players.

As a coach lucky enough to draft a saw, I would love to have SW removed, but it would be too much. I think it is the same for B&C and Bombs too. They are very cheap SW players as it is. Cheaper than any star and no Loner. For the 70K cost of my Saw, I would pay that every chance I had for a similar player through inducements.

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %06, %2014 - %16:%May; edited 1 time in total
DrPoods

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it. +AG is a nice touch. And I doubt it would be OP.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Some of the coaches are hobnobbing in the back of the room talking about the up coming draft. The discussion seems to hinge on a rumor from the east.

Some are saying that a sentinal of Mahrak has broken his vow of protection over the city and has entered the draft.

Mordain the Sentinal of Mahrak

Tomb Guardian: +St, Mighty Blow, Block, Break Tackle, Disturbing Pressence and Foul Appearance. 280TV of pure beast.

Speculation is all over the board if this monstrosity will enter the KPL draft in season #3.

I WANT HIM!!! GIMME, GIMME!!!

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Necros have no place in the league. Makes no sense what so ever from a fluff perspective. And since this is a fluff league. Kick them out.

I disagree. Settra has spoken many times in the KPL main thread, epic tales of glory and death. NECRO and UNDEAD fit in totally with the fluff of the KPL because Settra deemed them worthy to enter the KPL and compete. If you say that is stupid fluff then you are saying Settra is a moron. You are not saying that, are you?

Beerox wrote:
[I am too lazy to do the full season work, but if you look at the conference game page Necro are 15-3 this season (not counting the 0-1 dropout coach).

If we look at just conference play and not add in the divisonal round. The 4 necro teams are 15-3, very nice. So I was expecting to see domination and dismay when I checked out our poor Khemri teams. So I took the top 4 Khemri teams in conference play and they are 17-5!!!!

I then looked at coach Beerox's head to head record against Necro since it is obvious he is miffed that his losses come from Necro teams and he is 3-1 against them!!!

I then looked at my own team, BTW, is not one of the top 4 Khemri teams. I looked at my necro head to head, cause obviously they are the ones who are standing in my way of KPL domination and I am 5-3 against NECRO teams.

Frankenstein wrote:
If you really want to go khrazy, then allow teams to draft players regardless of roster with this scenario.

If you guys would read the fluff of the KPL you would know that the current draft is not the final plan. The current system is a stop gap until the league conversion happens and then the KPL can have the draft system I always wanted for the KPL.

Iam starting to think you guys do no read my fluff.

Beerox wrote:
[
If they are to remain powerful so be it, but it is clearly rubbing people the wrong way so get used to it. I think the "2 per conference" thing just makes it worse.

Well based on the above necro are obviosuly not the be all end all most powerful team in the KPL, heck they are not even the defending champion race.

PLUS, last time we talked about this limiting the NECRO to 2 or 3 teams was a idea I came up with because you guys wanted to restrict how many of them were in the KPL.

You guys cried from the heavens that every team would eventually switch over to necro. Cause all the other teams were crap.

You guys are so fickle.

Keep in coming, Settra is not bored with this yet, let it out.