11 coaches online • Server time: 05:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is this a decent team idea? Should I use it in a local TT league?
Yes.
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
No, of course not.
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
The problem with deadling pie is that it tastes like sunshine but gives you the trots for nine weeks.
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Anzelak

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2014 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

In the land of the dead, the dead do not sleep.

But these little mites can still bloody well eat!

--

Death Dervish (Spinning Top of Destruction) 0-1

3/7/1/9 Mighty Blow, Regeneration, Ball & Chain, No Hands, Secret Weapon (high chance of removal). 140k

Single: S Double: GAP

Culturally significant in Nehekara and wildly popular on the Blood Bowl pitch, these spinning monstrosities are often listed as the number one reason for supporting a Deadling team. They have been around since the days of yore but thanks in no small part to Settra and the KPL league they are making a comeback.

Coaching one can be tough. You try to catch a glimpse of the hollow holes that constitute eyes on this creature and point in a general direction. It might take out half of your opponents lads; it might take out half of your own. You don't know.

Halfling Mummy 0-2

Single: S Double: GAP

3 4 1 9 Stunty, Regeneration 110k

These undead flings had nobles and kings and in these parts such folk are mummified. It isn't difficult to find poor reanimated souls desperate and lonely enough to find themselves a place on a stunty team.

Deadling 0-16

4 2 3 6 Right Stuff, Dodge, Stunty, Regeneration 35k

Single: A Double: GSP

The legion that is death extends its tendrils out to all races within this land. Stuntier folk, while hardy, are not immortal. Magic and plague have brought entire civilizations to the brink of destruction. Long before Emperor Ludwig the Fat and The Moot's electoral vote, these flings left the Old World in search of pastures new. They found a wasteland of undeath and attempted to make it their home.

Star Players:

Will need to be done. Because rule #3 is a stupid rule too.

No apos allowed. RRs cost 60k.

--

Sorry, I'm not quite ballsy enough yet to submit my pitiful pixel creations, particularly when talented folks like cowhead stalk these halls. It'd feel like sellotaping a semi-decent picture of a stickman up on the wall next to the Mona Lisa.

Additionally, the stats are probably wildly unbalanced. By all means, fix em up for me.

I'll probably have a go with the roster on TT anyway, so even if there's no hope for it on FUMBBL please give me a few pointers anyway. Thanks.

Last edited by Anzelak on %b %10, %2014 - %09:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2014 - 09:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You've missed your positional limits off Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2014 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
You've missed your positional limits off Smile

Thanks mate. Fixed.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2014 - 09:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I assume it's a Stunty Tabletop Leeg you're thinking of trying them in?

AS for feedback, I'm not one of the best at this. I aren't all that experienced in Leeg myself. To me they look a little on the weak side though. They only have 3 positionals, one of which is likely to get sent off. The 2 mummies are Str4 (which isn't much better than 3 against a load of Str2 opponents) and S access only.

I'd go brave. Make the dervishes 0-3 or something like that (if they really do have a low penalty roll). That or add another 0-2 positional. Others will provide better feedback. Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2014 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd make a couple of adjustments

Mummy 3519 Mighty Blow, Regen (use regular mummies - afterall they need to 'mother' over something)
Deadlings 4237 Regen (if these are small zombies then they need to be harder to remove from the pitch)

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2014 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'd rather start off weak and up them than OP Very Happy.

With the deadlings I'm keeping them the same price as a leeg fling, dropping an ma and giving them regen. Improving armour might up the cost? I'm not sure. I'm sure Garion or someone in the know can point me in the direction of some math.

I take on board the points about the mummies and another positional, cheers.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2014 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this for general BB or Stunty Leeg? Either way they will get annihilated, this is an incredibly slow team but also very squishy with av6, a bad combination.

How are these guys going to score? No TTM, no fast players and they won't have enough players to grind down the pitch, even if there is an increase to av7. Maybe think of a quicker positional to handle the ball.

If this was a stunty team in the Leeg I would also add a G positional. No G access on a stunty team should be reserved for teams with huge hitting power (like Squigs) or those that have amazing ball handling skills (like Pro Flings), this team has neither.

I guess the final thing to think of is what is the thing that is going to make this team fun to play and different from other teams?
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2014 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Right now, they have a ball and chain, two ST4 players with no mobility, arguably the worst lineman in stunty (I could see an argument for them over snotlings, but as surprised as I am to say it, I think I'm going with the snotlings) and... that's it.

I'd also say the mummies at 110 and the ball at 140 are both overpriced... despite the ST4, I'd consider the former arguably worse than a pro halfling mootguard (65) and definitely worse than a mechavermin (90). As for the latter, mighty blow is nice, but is that and a probably superfluous point of ST worth 80k more than a gobbo B&C? I'd say no, especially not with -MA.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2014 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

How will they score, like ever? This should be considered.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2014 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

if you added some sort of ball carrier positional like a halfling ghoul or something. Give it G access and this team would be good. Or make the mummies 0-4 4 MA and 100k each. This team really lacks some flair and positional uniqueness. Giving them 4 S4 players would make up for the lack of overall move speed on the team.

What i;d suggest then is

Dervish: +1 MA -20k on the price.
Mummies: make them 0-4 +1 MA and -10k price.
Deadlings: up the price to like 40k cause of regeneration.
Add a Halfling Ghoul(whatever you want to call it)
0-2 stat line like 5/6-2-3-6 stunty, dodge, regeneration. GA(SP) 90k

Those are my thought anyway. As they are i see no reason to even touch this team as it's worse than anything else out there.