28 coaches online • Server time: 10:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Doubles on a Wrodge Witch Elf, so...
Mighty Blow - because despite Wrestle, it's still Mighty Blow.
28%
 28%  [ 13 ]
Guard - because it's an elf team.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Piling On - because WE's already have Jump Up.
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Juggernaut - because it goes so well with Frenzy Wrestle.
45%
 45%  [ 21 ]
Ignore - because nothing else really helps her do her job.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Something else - because of what I say below.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Witch Pie - because it's pie.
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 46

Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

On an (over?) developed DElf team*, my newer Witch Elf already had Wrestle, and I was going to make her my ballhawk - Strip, Tackle, etc., maybe Leap later. (The senior WE is a hitter w/ MB, etc).

(* open League, hard to predict opponents, big and small, bash and not, all over the map)

But this one Doubled on her second skill.

So, Wrodge +...?

o Mighty Blow, b/c it's Mighty Blow. Sub-optimal on a Wrestler, but... it's Mighty Blow.

o Guard - because you can never have enough Guards on a DElf team. And a Frenzy Guard can (sometimes) get in where others can't, and she'll have sidestep sooner or later. [i](This team has 3 Guards atm, 2 Blodge linos and a +St Stand Firm Blitzer.)

o Piling On - with Jump Up, more useful. But AV 7 on the ground... hmmmm... and without MB first... yeah, I'm not seeing it...

o Juggernaut - unorthodox, but good synergy with Wrestle, a nice tool to have on the team for those SF opponents, and makes her a better surfer than her Blodge sister WE.

o Ignore, and get her the normal skills she needs. Tackle and Strip (and Side Step), in some order.

Or something else?

Atm, I'm actually considering Juggs if not Guard - and some of those options are only there because... well, just because.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggs for the reasons you've stated. Save the normal skills for normal rolls Smile
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

You can never have enough guard.

Oscar Wilde
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

MB is still MB.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow.
Oly1987

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggs no question. Makes her a real surfing threat.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

This is pretty much why I don't take wrestle on witch elves. Since you already have a frenzy mighty blow, I'd go with your original plan and make her a surfer/sacker. Juggernaut is an underrated skill that I rarely invest an elf double in... but on this player it makes a lot of sense.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut witch elves are great. While jugger wrestle isn't ideal (blitz a wrestler, roll both down, can't take both down for an AV roll), it does mean you can surf with both downs, which is epic.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MB for me. No Jugs for Elves, in my view, the value is just too low and theoretical in comparison.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I absolutely LOVE surfing. I would not hesitate to take Juggernaut when the opportunity present itself.
Furthermore I am more motivated to have wrestle than block along with Juggernaut, as I would almost always choose the push option.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah clearly MB, and I wish people would stop taking wrestle on Witches, I see it all the time and it makes me sad.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

oh and Jugs doesnt go well with Wrestle as the poll suggests. It goes well with Block because it cancels wrestle and allows you to use Block to knock over the opposition player who had wrestle. There is no point in doing this if you have Wrestle and not block.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Yeah clearly MB, and I wish people would stop taking wrestle on Witches, I see it all the time and it makes me sad.

A Wrodge Witch Elf makes sense as ball sacker, add Tackle and she's a Blodger's nightmare.
Mighty Blow is better than Juggernaut because you will use it more often, a decent opponent won't give you many surfing occasions.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i get that it makes sense as a ball sacker, but why would you want your witch doing that job? give it a lineman or even a Runner would be a better choice imo, a more expendable player type. Witch elves are there for bashing and surfing with. Frenzy as a sackers skill is not good imo, I dont want a second 1 dice block or 2nd half dice block after I have already knocked the ball free with strip ball for example. Its too risky. Also I also dont want my witch left standing in the middle of an opponents cage at the end of the turn. They are too expensive.

Personally I just dont think this is their job.