29 coaches online • Server time: 01:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Might even be the 214509877890634th.

Yet some people maintain there is no problem Smile

lol

what is this cpomb I keep hearing so much about anyway...

Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
If potions and raffles are the reason people keep playing Bloodbowl, then we're wasting our time playing Bloodbowl.

That's the kind of reductive thinking I was hoping to avoid here.

You seriously don't want engagement from people who are on the fence about playing bloodbowl, even if it could blossom into more regular play?

Because...?

It's not like everyone in the playerbase is the same and responds to the same incentives. Im not put out by someone who sticks around for treats and rewards. I might get a chance to play them, nuffle forbid!

I think its very myopic of you to distill the question of "how do we retain interest" into "well we don't want those marginal cases anyway". Sooner or later we all become marginal cases.

I'll see if I can get one of my friends who works in marketing and community management at Ubisoft to chime in on effective methods of retaining a playerbase through out of game promotions
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I don't enjoy raffles.

However... if we're going down that road, why not go all the way?

Clearly Blood Bowl (and by extension the whole universe) is failing. Drastic measures are needed to inject FUN back into the game. I say we open up the site to the free market. Pay for skills, remove injuries, players from different races on the same team. Cash in before it's too late!

You don't start your first incision in surgery by using a machete.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I am kind of disappointed that nobody has made a dick joke yet though. Compensation Lottery? Eh? Eh?

Rolling Eyes

Fine!

Wink Laughing
backelie

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
I am kind of disappointed that nobody has made a dick joke yet though. Compensation Lottery? Eh? Eh?

Rolling Eyes

Fine!

Wink Laughing

I don't need a compensation lottery! I've got a HUGE...

... car.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

It is a fairly decent idea, in that it would allow you to play some agility, higher up; but the impact would be directly proportional to the actual % of "money back". Making it random, is more of a psycholgical reinforcement mechanism (and yes, some ppl migh not retire a team imediately after the big loss with a lottery there).
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I don't enjoy raffles.

However... if we're going down that road, why not go all the way?

Clearly Blood Bowl (and by extension the whole universe) is failing. Drastic measures are needed to inject FUN back into the game. I say we open up the site to the free market. Pay for skills, remove injuries, players from different races on the same team. Cash in before it's too late!

You don't start your first incision in surgery by using a machete.

You might if the goal with the surgery is to kill the patient Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
It is a fairly decent idea, in that it would allow you to play some agility, higher up;

Now here is a brilliant idea... why not just make sprialling expenses kick in later or in greater distance Wink Wink Wink

...oh wait... bashy teams would profit from that too...

...why not make a lottery?

...oh wait... bashy teams would profit from that too... it would just be more random
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It is my absolute belief that with the current rules you could give every team 10 million gold and the only thing that would change is that people would induce the crap out of it.
I have gone through a lot of games in the new rules and something I have constantly seen in the box: People do not care to even run the rosters up to 12 players when they can. Most guys love using loners.
Now I'm not one of them, but then it is so easy to get your hands on gold, it is ridiculus. And rightly so, because it doesn't make a real difference at all. Make it even easier when some people suggest implementing banking rules that choke the money out of the game?

I'd like those two groups coming together...
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
It is a fairly decent idea, in that it would allow you to play some agility, higher up; but the impact would be directly proportional to the actual % of "money back". Making it random, is more of a psycholgical reinforcement mechanism (and yes, some ppl migh not retire a team imediately after the big loss with a lottery there).

If I can attach a skinner box to something I usually do.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Bashy teams would not "benefit" from the lottery W. Cash is only one of several limits on team development, and the teams you tend to call bashy are not limited by cash (usually due to a combination of regeneration, low player costs and high armour values).

And I really don't see spiraling expenses as the limit in Box for agility teams, rather the actual losses of players (and replacing those as in money and SPPs).
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Garion wrote:
well I have been pushing for a Shadow run dictatorship Box where he tells jerks to stop being jerks and deletes their teams if they offend him over and over again Razz

Finally a sensible suggestion!

This is a tyrant I would vote for...

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Bashy teams would not "benefit" from the lottery W. Cash is only one of several limits on team development, and the teams you tend to call bashy are not limited by cash (usually due to a combination of regeneration, low player costs and high armour values).

And I really don't see spiraling expenses as the limit in Box for agility teams, rather the actual losses of players (and replacing those as in money and SPPs).

Don't forget two other factors that help prevent wash out:

Winning and concessions.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=683140

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=643564

Spiralling expenses is an issue tho because those teams develop incredibly fast to higher TV.

Generally those races get higher protection when they go up because they get skills like blodge, keeps them alive.

With CPOMB teams circling under the radar there is no real point in keeping the TV low either, other than spiralling expenses.

So yes, Spiralling Expenses is exactly the reason why teams don't get much higher than 1750.

And yes, the unlimited treasury role is exactly why agile teams ARE playable in the box.

But that isn't really the issue because it is not really all that important to build a team up. You can play up, get crsuhed down 50 times, 100 times.. it won't matter to the team... thats just the thing.. thats not a real reason to quit box...

The real issue, and I reason that if you have ever had that you will know that: It's one off matches that are totally outbalanced that you HAVE to play even if you don't want to because they are totally pointless. Usually they involve clawpomb. And the pretty reward you get for playing them is getting broken down in the process.

If THAT wasn't the case more people would play in box.

Now you have to ask yourself what your idea contributes to that. Nothing.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
It is my absolute belief that with the current rules you could give every team 10 million gold and the only thing that would change is that people would induce the crap out of it.
I have gone through a lot of games in the new rules and something I have constantly seen in the box: People do not care to even run the rosters up to 12 players when they can. Most guys love using loners.
Now I'm not one of them, but then it is so easy to get your hands on gold, it is ridiculus. And rightly so, because it doesn't make a real difference at all.

It makes a massive difference to me. This is the reason I avoid Blackbox and competitive Blood Bowl now. Ranked is certainly better, but it has similar problems. Blood Bowl was never intended to be played like this, and it feels completely mechanical now.

New players maybe different as maybe they are unaware of what a roster 'should' look like, however maybe they aren't.

And when members of the BBRC say it's ok to play like this, and the game wasn't designed 'not' to allow this.....that's full of crap, it's a massive oversight that they don't want to admit to.

TV management and how a lot of coaches are running around in box (and ranked, those elf hunting 11 man de teams for example) is pure crap.

I agree with Kryten's philosophy. Over mollycoddlying isn't the way to bring up a balanced baby, and neither is it the way to bring up a balanced BBer. I like out of the box suggestions like this, but he has a point.

Gaming incentives seem to be 'stage' based now. Filling the grid official badge style incentives would to me, be more like modern gaming. By that I mean being a bigger deal than they are currently.
 Jump to: