27 coaches online • Server time: 03:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post killing by fun?goto Post Raising a Thrall wit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford back at the Exploding cup **

Well stunty fans Iam back. I had such a great time covering the EC last year I felt compelled to return and break down the action.

It should be another great Stunty major and just like last year a lot of action and a awesome qualifier perior.

The swiss format really makes it fun and exciting. A lot of matches to spec and the Iam sure we will see some awesome pixel deaths.

So lets get set and ready for a great tournament.

Side note: I cannot believe Iam the only one with Albion Fae in the EC. I quess most coaches showed up with the front runner races. I quess I will have to show all of you the power of the pixie then.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

And here is the racial breakdown of entrants:
Forest Goblin: 6
Pro Halflings: 6
Skryre Slaves: 6
Eshin Adepts: 5 (with 3 in the same qualifier)
Gnome: 5
Goblin Cheaters: 5
Chaos Halfling: 4
Horrors of Tzeentch: 4
Skink: 4
Squig Herders: 4
Nurglings: 3
Strigoyan: 3
Pygmy: 2
Snotling: 1
Albion Fae: 1
Gnoblar: 1

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, Painstate, in a similar vein to Whatball's recent thread for major finalists, I thought you might like a version of the logo your S teams use without the background.

Pending approval

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2014 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

People presumably pick races they've been wanting to try out, hence the slightly weird mix. If it wasn't rookie teams only you'd expect more chaos flings for example

Also forest gobs firepower comes from the stikkas who don't need any skills so that probably makes them stronger at rookie level than at developed tv (I got beat by mogwai's FG with my strig, kinda forgot that as rookies they have almost no skills at all :3 )

I'm gonna vote for cheaters v eshins in final Smile
Sionis

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Only Gnoblar coach present. \o/

But as Sp00keh predicted, I'm also thinking ninjas vs cheaty gits
Ardonite

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotlings vs squigs final lol
PainState

Post   Posted: May 08, 2014 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Exploding Cup **

Well Stunty fans I have grown bored with the Ulthuan. Waiting days on end for a finals match that might never happen. Plus after awhille you just get feed up with those pointy ear, high brow, better than you High Elfs. They are driving me insane. On top of that my rehab sponsor said it was probally a good idea to get the heck out of town. I might relapse and go into another 2 week "bender".

So I took the first red eye flight out of that place and headed to the borderlands for this epic Stunty throw down!

Qualifier was marred with screw ups and confusion. No spiked balls loaded, no one had any clue on how many teams would make the main draw. That is what you get when you put goblins in charge of a tournament, lets be honest. They are a low down lot and could change the rules of the tournament on a dime.

BUT 16 teams managed to navigate the insanity. They stand tall and proud in the main draw. Ready to make a deep run and claim a stunty trophy.

Lets take a look and break this first round down.

Fruit Ninjas

VS

Shadowcloaks

A Eshin Adept throw down. The stunty followers of the Horned Rat square off in this one. Two equally balanced teams square off and the only real difrence on the line ups is that the Shadowcloaks have a +AG adept running around.

The Ninjas will have a babe in the dug out, will that tip the balance?

So, I have no clue on who will win. So lets look at the intagables to gleam who has the edge. One team practices by slicing fruit that is thrown at them the other practices by sulking in the shadows and leaping out with dagger raised high. Edge goes to sulking dagger wielding loonies.

One team has 0 fluff and the other edges them out by having one player with a bio written up on one player about a non heroic event that sent him to the BH box in the opening match. This is some seriously lame fluff on both parts. BUT one team did take the 5 seconds out of their busy schedule to atleast write up one player Bio with 2 sentences...edge goes to the Shadowcloaks.

So there you have it Stunty fans. Shadowcloaks get the edge and thus the dice and take down the fruit slayers in a epic 2-1 mauling.

Veggie Ninjas

VS

Muntschmek

Next up another vegan Eshin team taking on a mob of snotlings. What in the heck fans? Are stunty skaven in love with fruit and vegatables? Is that why they are stunty? They do not get a balanced diet of meat and potatoes? Do the larger rats eat all of that and just hand down the scraps of veggies that no respectable Skaven would eat? Sorry, I digress.

The Veggie lovers bring that +MA and look to out run the mobs of snotlings. They will have to use all their agility and speed to get away from those hulking Trolls and S. Weapons the snotlings bring. They are down 2 men and only have a 13 man roster? will that bite them in the tail before this one is over? They do have 100K in inducement money so lets see what they bring.

The Munts crew is looking to dominate the LOS and lay those suckers out. They cannot keep up with the speed of the Eshin so they better hope those trolls can CAS a bunch of stunties cause the mobs are going to have to play deep and sweep the back field for any break outs.

This is a tough match to call. Will the Snotlings just lay out the Eshin in a mass of CAS or will the Eshin have enough speed left in the tank to steal the win late?

Normally I would go with the speed in this sceanrio but I have a sinking feeling in the gut. Muntschmek opens up the match with some seriously hot dice and just lay out the adepts left and right. By the time the cries of injustice and a dicing of the highest order are done the Munts crew is cruising to victory. They win this one 2-1

Exploding Chaps

VS

Keep Calm and listen to Ska

Pro Flings vs Goblin Cheaters in this very interesting match up.

The Chaps come into the match with a 11 man squad, a boat load of cash on hand and a very low 760 TV. So, they are going to play the inducement game this opening round. It better not back fire and they take some CAS early in this match.

The Ska crew is giving up almsot 450K inducement money so they are a little concerned with which 2 stars are going to show up. But they have all their dirty tricks up their sleeve and just need to be slow and methodical in their dismantling of the Chaps.

Even though the Ska crew is giving up so much inducement madness they have to much firepower on the roster and will slowly grind the Chaps into dog food.

Ska wins this one 3-2 in OT.

Skogsfinnar

VS

Lustria Swarm of Hunters

A very entertaining Forest Goblin VS skink match up in this one.

The Skogs look to put some skink on a stick in this one. Stabbing is the order of the day and get those spider riders right in the middle of them and scatter the Hunters. They need to be leery of the speed of the skinks. So cage up, use those stikkas and hope for the best.

The Hunters are waiting in the dense jungle and see their prey. A stupid band of Forest goblins walking up the path. They spring their trap and attack!!!!! That is the plan for this match. Use that speed to duck, dodge, dip, dive and duck. Stay out of stabbing range and then take their shots on the ball carrier.

Some say that the Forest Goblin roster is the best rookie to low TV roster in Stunty..That might be so but they get tracked down by the hunters and the stikka is reveresed!!!!

Hunters win this one in a very close match 2-1.

TechnoRats

VS

Little Chaos Dwarfs

A nice Skryre VS Chaos Flings match up for all of us to enjoy.

Finally some rats show up who hate fruit and vegtables and it shows. They bring the Mechverms and doom wheel to run over and turn those C flings into tomatoe paste. They will be getting some nice inducment money coupled with the flings are down to a 12 man roster. Lay out some early CAS. stay away from any chainsaw coming their way and they should be good to go.

The LCD crew needs to get a stepping fast and lay out as many of those slaves as they can in the opening turns. Otherwise they are going to be overrun by the vermin and run out of the first round. Some deft chainsaw work is in order for this match. They do have some cash so maybe say to heck with it and induce a bribe just incase those chainsaw rolls go south.

This is going to be a touch and go match the entire way. In the end the TechnoRats just have to many players and slowly overwhell the Cflings. Rats win this one 3-2 in OT.

Gonks Doomstone Honor Party

VS

Drachenfels Green's Keepers

Gnome Vs Albion in this match up. The red pointy hats look to lay out those pesky fae in a very bad way. Dreams of pixies smashed under boot and brownies planted into the pitch swim in their brains. But wait, they bring 3 hulking monsters with Distrubing Pressence. Now doubt sinks into their dark hearts. Will they be able to lob their bombs? With out their bombs we are naked they think. Those fae are so fast. What will the pointy red hats do?

The Green's Keepers are deadly serious in this match. Stupid lawn garden gnomes running around. Nothing gets the passion and hate stirred up like gnomes messing with the gardens and green's. They are vermin that must be smashed.

There is no need to talk about the actual match up. This one is all about hate, rage, and the ancient grudge of gnomes messing with the Fae's gardens. This is going to be a blood fest like none other.

Both teams are so fixated on killing that no one scores!!!! it goes to shoot out 0-0 with one pixie and one pointy red hat deciding the fate of the match on stupid kicks. That ends in a tie also and then it goes to the final tie breaker of who has a RR left. The Green's Keepers Cheerleaders come through and on the kick off of OT they get a RR from cheering fans and hold onto it all they way through OT and into the shoot out.

Green's Keepers win this one on a penatly shoot out!!!!!

Nom Nom Slurp

VS

Tlaqua Ripperjacks

Squigs Vs Skinks in this battle of shortmanned stunty teams. Both of them come into the match sporting 12 man rosters and the squigs are down a +AG squig for the match.

Nom Nom looks to feast and slurp up some skink meat in this match but they have to catch them first. If they get the CAS rolling early then this will be a skink buffet line. Everybody get in line early because all the skink meat might be taken by the end of the match.

The Ripperjacks need to use that speed and get the Squigs chasing. This turns into a slug fest and then they are the main course. If they stay out of the CAS boxes I give them the edge in this match. Any CAS they get will just make their life so much easier.

This is going to be a very close match I think. In the closing turns though the Ripperjacks send one of the Squigs to the RIP bin and open the match up. They win 2-1 in a tight one.

BreGobz

VS

Forest Temple's Fumblers

We end the first round with a forest goblin smack down.

Two equally match goblin teams meet in a dark forest off the beaten path. Does the match make a sound? Anyway this will be no holds barred stikka fest. If you like the stikka then this is the match for you.

I have no clue how this is going to play out. I forsee two teams meeting on the LOS and who ever is more deft with the Stikka will win this one.

It comes down to T16 and my crystal ball shows a field of dead goblins on the LOS. Brutally stabbed to death and a clash of spiders on the end line. The Gobz make one last attempt to bring down the Fumblers spider and FAIL!!! But then the Fumblers spider fails the dodge out and FUMBLES the ball into the stands. The match goes into OT and the Fumblers fumble away their chance in OT. High Kick opens up the OT and the Fumblers spider gets in perfect position and then fumbles the catch....SPIKED BALL RIP!!!!!!!!!

It goes downhill from there. Gobz win on the blood splatter of the spiked ball and walk in the uncontested score in OT and win 3-2

Get set FUMBBL fans for the most gripping, entertaining and down right fun opening round you can find in a major. IF the matches break down as predicted how can you deny that STUNTY action is not the best fun to be had on all of FUMBBL?

Post   Posted: May 08, 2014 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I would just like to point out that my prediction is still possible Smile lol
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: May 08, 2014 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Skogsfinnar vs LSoH is scheduled at next Monday 20 BBtime. Also wrote some fluff I've been meaning to for the goblins.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: May 12, 2014 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

First EC final draw match played by the Eshin mirror match and it wasn't much of a contest.

Write up here.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2014 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Skogsfinnar's first game has been moved forwards and is starting now, so we'll see if they make it past the first hurdle towards your prediction...

Post   Posted: May 12, 2014 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

First game was a pretty harsh one for skinks, they rolled skulls/bdowns galore, brought dull knives to the fight and were promptly torn apart by stikkas and MB's. The Skogsfinnar star shaman even skipped doubles for tackle, probably making him one of the most hated players in this tournament now Smile
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a quick reference card for the quarter-final matches of Exploding Cup.

Fruits & Veggies eshin mirror match
With almost identical armies of mooks who are most likely going to die the only thing you need to look at is the main characters, the assassins. Since the game is already played there is no point in making a prediction, with the more spectacularly heroic ninja triumphing over his more effective and solid counterpart.

Wolves to each other forest vs cheater goblins
This match can be compared to a no-holds-barred MMA match where the brutal stand-up puncher meets a technical grappler. Forest goblins are looking to trade punches and come out ahead with their barbaric strength, while cheaters are looking to ground&pound them into submission with a variety of techniques. Nobody knows if it will be over quickly, or go into overtime where linegoblins will punch it out. But games between Finns are always down and dirty bloodbaths no matter what teams are involved.

Tombstone Technoparty skryre vs gnome
This one will be the one for the secret weapons fans. More bombs flying than your average slave can count, while deathrollers and robots try to flatten the gnome line. The question will be "How can you kill something thats not alive anyway" as the gnome hopes lie on their up-and-coming slayers to keep the game even until the weapons are banned, as their line is seriously outguarded and outmuscled.

Night of the Iguana skink vs forest goblin
While we are waiting for the first round f.gob mirror match to be played predicting this one is a bit harder. Brewgobz look a bit stronger as they have a block shaman and MB spider, while forest fumblers are looking to bring some tricky hypno plays with their agile shaman. Whoever wins must not be too hung over from the aftergame party as Tlaqua showed some serious domination in their first round game. Block stripball raptor looks like a special stroke of genius as the ball is not really safe anywhere without sure hands, as it already demonstrated against the squig hopper. If a brave stikka can claim the head of this beast then goblins have a good shot, otherwise they can look forward to getting scored against several times.
Motskari

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep Calm and Listen to Ska vs. Veggie Ninjas scheduled to play in monday at 22.00 BBtime.
 Jump to: