18 coaches online • Server time: 04:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't read all your post yet but the stadiums were all sold after the collapse of the NAF.
I think inducements work fine fluff-wise tbh.
Star Players would be hella better without Loner and big guys suck, maybe no-one should have loner?
I think Goblins should have a 100k rostered bribe thing like the Chef, which should also be rostered.
God knows what the Ogres could have.
Crap apo does hurt more developed teams more and is a good change.
Spiralling Expenses has never been a factor for my teams, but I could see it affecting TT leagues where some people used the same teams for multiple seasons so is fine I guess. Could be probably implemented better.
I know you like traits, I don't. I think they are complicated for noobs and increase the difference between the haves and have nots.
Same if you restrict access really, those old developed teams with lots of doubles will dominate leagues.
UNNERF DP 2014. Of course I agree with this!
Wow this really was a big post lol.
TV is much better than TR, but of course we all probably feel we could improve it some way.
The slightly increasing cost of skills per level is much better than some that have been suggested. I would be careful about raising it too high as the legends + scrubs is quite unique to fumbbl.
Things will always never work quite right on here with the aims stated by JJ.
Interesting take on Big Guys, probably too complex though.
Legend skill is interesting but again you have to KISS!
Rosters I pretty much agree with you, but I think they are contentious as again most people will think certain tweaks are good and probably not agree with other peoples tweaks.
Summed up Galak pretty well.
Looking at 7th ed 40K I can't see GW caring about producing quality rules any time soon.

The end!

Last edited by JimmyFantastic on %b %17, %2014 - %17:%May; edited 4 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
I haven't read all your post yet but the stadiums were all sold after the collapse of the NAF.

Sure, but plenty of my teams have home stadiums Cool , and to say none do any more is just daft. I don't like it. But anyway, its neither here nor there its a very very small point and largely irrelevant in the context of the mammoth post Wink

Inducements do make sense in the context of their new fluff, but the point was I much prefered the underhand tactics of hanidcaps and everything they represented, but carry on. It all gets summed up in the end. Wink

Yup I'm not disagreeing with the apo change I don't mind it either, but I dont think it hurts more developed teams more. I think it hurts the teams that are playing against the more developed bash teams more than anything. But again I think that comes down to uneven bash distribution again. Similarly my post is agreeing that SE is a good thing. I don't get why people don't like it.

time would whittle down granfathered teams.

Last edited by Garion on %b %17, %2014 - %16:%May; edited 3 times in total
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Sure, but plenty of my teams have home stadiums Cool , and to say none do any more is just daft.

Maybe there should be an optional rule that you can buy a stadium for 5 million. Then, if you have bought the stadium you won't recieve any inducement money in return and have to pay your opponents costs. Hope that accomodates you. Smile
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

You have to look at the apo change from JJ's angle which is a developed TT team taking on newcomers. A low TV team losing an unskilled player is not as much of a deal for the league as the advanced team losing a 31+ ssp guy.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

sure, as I say I like the apo change Very Happy but the problem and point I was making was that low TV teams dont have an effective way of hitting back or dealing with PO etc... see fouling change. once coupled together I think the goal would be hit.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree traits couldnt come back now, its too far gone. But with a free legend skill I think it is KISS and it mitigates the cumulative Tv increases with levels in a small way. People would read that and see there is a pay off for reaching legend, both with big guys and normal. Not complex at all imo its almost a semi return to traits, but not really, and would help remove the OTT problem somewhat and give us fun skill combos again, oh how I miss them. The dumbing down of the game just went far too far imo. Again like so much in the transition between rules there was a happy medium.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure it is simple for us.
But you have to keep looking at it from noob perspective and (because of JJ) TT perspective.
As BB is completely unsupported and will likely remain so until GW dies sooner or later I think an online specific fumbbl rulebook or whatever could be great.
But that opens such a can of worms that it's probably best to not even go there.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Sure it is simple for us.
But you have to keep looking at it from noob perspective and (because of JJ) TT perspective.

Just have to agree to disagree here. If positioned properly I think its really straight forward. Smile

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, that's the problem, all we can do is agree to disagree!
We can all pretty much agree on what Galak etc got wrong, but it's hard to find a consensus on how to fix it.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

sure, its all theory atm anyway, and if the BBRC did reform and Galak was involved in the rule making to the degree he claims he was during in LRB5 then the game has nothing to look forward to anyway. When Neoliminal was appointed head of the BBRC by JJ in the begining and told to select the other memebers he intentionally selected people he didn't agree with rather than those that all shared the same opinion. Can you imagine galak ever doing that. The answer we know is a big no.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

For all the flak that Galak gets(which I fully endorse), at least he did get rid of ageing.
I think what would be best for both TT and fumbbl actually is an inducement that is good at killing things.
The wizard as you correctly point out is gimmicky and maybe too good at making the underdog win.
How about a gimmicky injuring thing similar to a 2nd ed Ninja Assassin?
This would mean that in Ranked people would fear picking big TV gaps as their good players would die more.
In Box this would affect the high(C-pomb) TV teams in a more pronounced way than a loss would, it would actually drag them down towards the average TV more.
In TT some goof who has a much bigger TV will face an assassin every game until he is on more of a level playing field with the others.
I have no idea or suggestion on how this would be implemented but I think it would do the job even if it wasn't very popular with the guys whose players were getting injured.
Certainly it would be much better than ageing.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

That's why I suggested the fouling thing, but again if you look back to lrb4 or earlier there are plenty of things they could include. Knuckledusters could be an inducement for example.

Assassin would be pretty funny, and I wouldnt mind, but we both know it would be hugely unpopular, Razz

edit: just read the lrb3 rules jimmy, its wasnt that long ago we had assassin Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

Maybe there should be an optional rule that you can buy a stadium for 5 million. Then, if you have bought the stadium you won't recieve any inducement money in return and have to pay your opponents costs. Hope that accomodates you. Smile

We had this rule in my table top league, we used the pitch that every one uses now (grass) but we could save up and buy the old astro granite pitch.

If you bought the astro granite pitch any player that falls over or knocked down had a extra +1 roll on armour roll.

It was pretty cool.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah probably as unpopular as ageing lol.
Keeping the cas on the pitch is the way forward.
Brutal inducements is the way to do it imo.
A star player duo like Brick Farth and Grotty but one has pomb and the other has dp/sg could be ok.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2014 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea in CRP was that secret weapons, mainly chainsaw couple with bribes would be an equaliser and cause low TV cas, sadly it sucks too much.