51 coaches online • Server time: 13:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I always imagine the 40k equivalent of Pro Elves to be Harlequins... hence the cyberpunk thing.

Oscar Wilde
xnoelx

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Me too. I even have a 40k Harlequin themed Pro Elf team. However, the WFB equivalent of 40k's Harlequins are WE Wardancers. Funny old world...

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 01:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen Cyberpunk and Shadowrun mentioned on a Blood Bowl forum. My 2 passions combined in one beautiful convergence. I am at peace in the world.
Kanil

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I would very much dislike that. being one skill from blodge SS and two from blodge SS DT is the main reason I enjoy Pro elves so much. I find that skill combo really fun.

Yeah... pro elves would not be my favorite team if you reworked the blitzers. I'd probably not even play them, in favor of dark elves...

I'd say high elf is the team that needs the rework more than pro elf.

High elves are incredibly niche, not being as good as pro elves at passing, nor being as good as dark elves at being armored. Only useful if you want an AV8 elf team that can also pass, otherwise there are better options.
Zlefin

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed; modifying high elves would be more interesting than modifying pro elves.
I'll ponder some alternate designs for high elves.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:
Garion wrote:

also here are you grabby elves - http://fumbbl.com/help:IthilmarE Wink

D:

WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT THAT!

THE WORLD IS NOT READY! WE MUST DO EVERYTHING TO AVOID DRAWING ATTENTION TO THAT!

YOU HEAR ME WORLD, YOU ARE NOT READY TO KNOW!

I do wonder if that roster will replace dark elves as the bashy elf team, although the lack of witch elves will be a downer.

Where can I get those wonderful toys?
Can we play these teams somewhere?
notbobby125

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
notbobby125 wrote:
Garion wrote:

D:

THE WORLD IS NOT READY! WE MUST DO EVERYTHING TO AVOID DRAWING ATTENTION TO THAT!

I do wonder if that roster will replace dark elves as the bashy elf team, although the lack of witch elves will be a downer.

*Covers the rosters with a blanket*

I have no idea what your talking about. There are no teams, there are not custom rosters in the works, and you shouldn't PM Garion to explain more. >_>
Roland

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
notbobby125 wrote:
Garion wrote:

D:

not yet...
well, maybe in test mode, but it's tedious to set up
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 05:01 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:
notbobby125 wrote:
Garion wrote:

D:

*Covers the rosters with a blanket*

I have no idea what your talking about. There are no teams, there are not custom rosters in the works, and you shouldn't PM Garion to explain more. >_>

I must be mistaken. Maybe it was a hallucination or an elaborate hoax.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Zlefin wrote:
Agreed; modifying high elves would be more interesting than modifying pro elves.
I'll ponder some alternate designs for high elves.
I like 'em the way they are. They're the fastest armor team there is, or if you prefer, the best-armored true speed team. High Elf linemen look similar to Pro Elf linos on paper, but keep a team running for any length of time and you'll see what a difference a little durability makes: it feeds on itself, as the guys live to get Blodge, meaning they live longer, meaning they get more skills, etc. Very different team management-wise, even if their 1M gold base rosters are similar.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

One idea for adding a new positional player to elves: a kicker.

Basic lineman + Kick, possibly with HMP as well (to represent punting the ball away).

Has two benefits: gives a skill elves need straight off the bat, and also brings back a bit of 2nd edition to the game...

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i tried this out about a year ago, changing the passers skills to kick still keeping P access but just starting with kick instead. I loved it, it made the team more unique and as you say is a nice nod back to 2nd ed, also it makes sense fluff wise, Dolfar after all is a kicker. The only problem fluff wise is pro elves have quite the history for creating legendary throwers, but i certainly would approve this change. Was a big buff mind.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

jamesfarrell129 wrote:
One idea for adding a new positional player to elves: a kicker.

Basic lineman + Kick, possibly with HMP as well (to represent punting the ball away).

Has two benefits: gives a skill elves need straight off the bat, and also brings back a bit of 2nd edition to the game...

ooh, I'd love that Very Happy

6347 Kick, with GAP access for 70k
xyon

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

All the other pro elf positionals start with 2 skills, so it might not be so bad to start off with HMP and kick, or pass and kick on the 'thrower' of the team.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
Roland

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, but the thrower only have Pass...
 Jump to: