74 coaches online • Server time: 20:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Legends. Maybe u scare?
I am not a Legend and I am scare of Legends
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
I am not a Legend and I like to play vs Legends
19%
 19%  [ 29 ]
I am a Legend and I am scare of other Legends
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
I am a Legend and I I like to play vs other Legends
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
I am a human and I like pie
50%
 50%  [ 76 ]
Total Votes : 151

NerdBird

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucker? Robbed? HA! That was coaching at its finest......

BTW, those are the first TD's that blocker ever scored. He was born to be a Runner. Smile

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis wrote:
I am a rookie. I generally look for games against Rookies through Stars so that I have a vaguely even game. I'm not particularly bad (played a lot of TT before coming here) but I prefer to play someone I'll give a decent game to. I recognise I'm not good enough to play to the level of superstars and legends often. I'll still accept games sometimes if there's not many people on. I'm not scare.

+1

I just want to play someone that will make for a competitive game.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Tend not to care about CR, more looking for even games, oh and I hate Pile On - broken skill. If you spam it, I probably won't play you regardless of your CR.

It's funny how my elves always get green lighted by killer teams and my orcs never do.
fidius

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Does knowing my oppo is a Legend affect how I play? Yes, absolutely it does. It lengthens my initial turns because I'm fearful of making an early mistake, and it shortens the time I'll be tolerant of bad-luck turns and begin playing less seriously. Is I scare? Probably.

I was going to say that CR must be doing something right because I tend to lose against coaches ranked higher than me. But I might be psyching myself out.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

TOO MANY PICKY PICKY MENS IN R

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't pick Jimmy either.

And Brutal CherryPickers probably wouldn't pick me. Smile

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Totes scare.
LordShamrock

Post 12 Posted: May 30, 2014 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I generally dont play legends as do not feel I can win. This is sad and I will make an effort to change this next time I play.

However I note from jimmys ranked match record of his 3 teams that jimmy must be scared to play them too hehe....

P.s. legends are the players at 2300 tv or so requesting games with my 1700 tv teams. This may be the only games available to them but I don't seem to get game requests from legend 1700 tv teams.or below Wink
SvenS

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Been there too when I was briefly a legend. I think the issue isnt people never playing against legends, but when they have other options with similar teams most people opt for the non legend. What team you use likely affects your offer more IMO, but the effect is there even when playing less serious teams.

I usually offer quite a few games then wait about 5-10mins to see if any accept then if none do pick one of the offers others made by others.

I look more for even matchups, then ranking for sure,but suspect its a component too.

I guess I have grown semi picky lately :/ Think thats mainly due to trying to rebuild a tourney team with limited time to play nowadays Sad

SL
The_Provocateur

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I love to face other legends, it makes for a good tactical match. However, I can't squeeze them for spps. Crying or Very sad
RC

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a legend when I play my good teams. When I play my fun teams (humans uurrk) I sink like a stone and anyone can beat me regardless of ranking. Coach ranking is not something I reflect on.. I know who the really good coaches on the site are Smile

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted scared but that's not really it.
It's just boring to play because you know you're going to lose. Unless nuffle want blood.
Sometimes your miracle play works and you may at least tie... But not very often.
In R or open L in gf i try to get games around my cr status +- 1
GronxWild

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

being a legend in ranked means nuthing... being a legend on the box... means very little...
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I went for the pie. I couldn't resist its delicious powers, even though I knew it wrong. Now I feel full of regret and shame. Damn you Jimmy! Damn you to Hell!

Join the Human League Premiership!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Some really cool honest posts, cheers boys!