21 coaches online • Server time: 03:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you introduce TV/TW bands in Blackbox BRAWLS?
No! It'd go against the spirit of Brawls and box
48%
 48%  [ 16 ]
No, but a new OFFICIAL Box tournament should be launched with TV/TW bands on
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Yes, 2 bands: Below 1500 TV/TW & above 1500 TV/TW. We keep somehow the spirit of Brawls
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Yes and multiple bands like ranked SMACKS
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
What? Bye!
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 33

sonrises

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Although Brawls run fairly well, with one or two tournaments starting each week, i noticed that Box Minors have a very high rate of applications every time one starts.

Box Minors have a TV/TW cap on, which made me conclude that introducing TV/TW bands into BRAWLS could make them even more appealing to coaches and increase applications as they would be more appealing to teams BELOW 1600-1700 TV/TW.
In the current format, teams below 1600-1700 TV/TW are comitting some sort of suicide Wink.

On the other hand, introducing TV/TW bands into BRAWLS would change 100% the spirit of these tournaments.
They are built around the fluff of "you have what you need to BRAWL without TV/TW caps on?" which is nice and fits perfectly with the nature of BLACKBOX.

So, what do you think?

Last edited by sonrises on %b %09, %2014 - %10:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
fly

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i really would love to see 1-minute-turntimelimit tournaments again.
maybe introduce those to box

back on topic:
keep brawls as they are, they're the only incentive to play stunties in the box (goblins foremost, halflings as well, though!)

Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont play in minors, so take what I say with a pinch of salt. But I would say no, Goblins won a BBB IIRC the reason they achieved this was because of the format of the tournament and inducement abuse. Anything that gives stunties half a chance is a good thing imo.

Also there is no reason for banding, it will just make it too similar to ranked minors that alreay exist. Variety is the spice of life and all that Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't feel particularly strongly against it, but I'd say no, leave Brawls as they are.

On the other hand, if you really want to start a new minor, S could do with one...

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I am probably for touch a little bit (max 2 bands i.e. 1600 below/above) or don't touch at all.

However, i feel like box minor scene is missing a tournament. Some sort of XFL? Instead of tourneys by single race, Tourneys by group of races (bashers, aglile, stunties...)?

@xnoelx
Fair point "S" minor.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a good idea but it could end up with fewer tournaments running due to failing to make the 8.

Minors are a bit special because they are bigger and do not run very often.

If anything we probably want those young teams play Box instead of locked into tournaments. Wink

When they have played their 30+ games then they can go tournament. If they have the stones for it. Twisted Evil

Having said that, wussy as it may sound, Box could probably support a Minor capped at 1600-1800 every month.
A last refuge for those 30+ game (but not huge) teams. Wink

If it were popular you could alternate between Brawls & the Minor.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

After the 5 first hours of this poll running:

1. BRAWL should stay like it is now with a combine 56% of votes (adding answers 1 and 2)

*** "keep brawls as they are, they're the only incentive to play stunties in the box (goblins foremost, halflings as well, though!)* by fly

*** "Goblins won a BBB IIRC the reason they achieved this was because of the format of the tournament and inducement abuse. Anything that gives stunties half a chance is a good thing imo" by Garion

*** "no reason for banding, it will just make it too similar to ranked minors that alreay exist. Variety" by Garion

*** "I don't feel particularly strongly against it, but I'd say no, leave Brawls as they are" by xnoelx

*** "I am probably for touch a little bit (max 2 bands i.e. 1600 below/above) or don't touch at all" by sonrises

*** "If anything we probably want those young teams play Box instead of locked into tournaments" by koadah

2. Some minor changes could be applied to BRAWL or a NEW Tournament launched with a combined 43% of votes (adding answers 2 &3)

*** "i really would love to see 1-minute-turntimelimit tournaments again" by fly

*** "i feel like box minor scene is missing a tournament. Some sort of XFL? Instead of tourneys by single race, Tourneys by group of races (bashers, aglile, stunties...)?" by sonrises

*** "Box could probably support a Minor capped at 1600-1800 every month.
A last refuge for those 30+ game (but not huge) teams" by koadah

3. Multiple TV/TW bands for BRAWLS rule out with a 0% of votes (answers 4)

Please keep voting and posting opinions
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

No way Jose!! that is my vote.

1)Goes totally against the spirit of the box.

2)Bands hurt the stunties in the Box. They need their inducement money.

3)Bands hurt the CPOMB high TV killers....they need a outlet for their pent up aggression and the brawl is the perfect spot for them.

4)mid TV teams that have no CPOMB also need a outlet to commit team suicide. Let them go out with a bang before they hit the retire team, retire from Box button. Give them a warm fuzzy on the way out of the door.

You guys seem to be under some delusional spell that the brawl is about competition and a true test of ones coaches prowess.....IT is a brawl man!!!! You hit YES on every PileOn pop up and beat the living tar out of your opponeet. After the dust settles you look up at the scoreboard to see if you won or lost.

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

the tournaments and games are still accessible with Shraaaaag's scripts, so it's leather 4 sure
probably just some display error - the data is still there.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 13:28
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I actually clicked on that link *facepalm*

[Adam West Voice]Well played, bot. Well played....[/Adam West Voice]
 Jump to: