30 coaches online • Server time: 01:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:
Prognosis: the game will never have a ruleset the majority of the community will regard as balanced. Too much politics
albinv wrote:
I fully admit i havent read the whole post. But if i read that S access shall be removed for CDs i know that this is the wrong approach.

That's just a too big change to cure a few minor problems, hence it will most likely create more problems. One needs to be careful now not to leave the foundation, fight the cause, not create new symptons.

A change with rosters is always the least wanted imho. If so, remove easy M for cdorfs but not S, which they always possessed, even before CRP. So that would simply be anachronistic and therefore wrong and a mistake, simple.

Mind you i never was a cd coach or big fan. This just makes no sense to begin with.

Can only hope you guys in the charge will aim for the most simplest/ basic rule change possible in order to balance the rules.

In case of the claw f.i.: simply make it so that it reduces armour to 8 not beyound. Most simple and probably very effective change. Im not the only one with this opinion. Makes you wonder why some of the guys that seem to have taken charge of this come up with elaborated complicated libraries of suggested rule changes. Or why you have to read them no matter from who it is. Crap claw too strong...simply try it with av8, gametest it then think on. Why write libraries on it, that come with whole new trees of rule changes?
Is it to fight CRP....not to balance it? Well, fumbbl politics and egos...i dunno.

Prognosis: the game will never have a ruleset the majority of the community will regard as balanced. Too much politics and egos involved.
and egos involved.

no one has taken charge of this. no one is making any new rule set. This is just how 1 person would like to change things. Personally I don't like these ideas either, but thats neither here nor there. You will be glad to know these will never happen anyway.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i know Garion. Probably should have made it clearer with my denglish...

Its not unlikely though that some of the ideas will come into live somwhere on fumbbl. Or that bits/ ideas of it will go into a future ruleset someday, somehow.
Id assume fumbblb as a community has an impact on the game and will continue to have.

Its just mindnumbing to see all those feaverish musings all so often. Do not refer to bghandras in particular (who i have come to known as very valuable member on here), just the overall stupidity with it....makes you desperate sometimes.

Ah well...all politics. Mostly nothing of sense and substance anyway...
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

"This is just how 1 person would like to change things."
Actually not. (I stated in other topics before that I think.) This topic is about, what are the steps in my opinion that produces the ruleset for both tabletop and blackbox.
To be perfectly honest I am not very high on having the same rules for those. Anyway I put it there, as I was curios what the feedback was. With that said I really put time and effort and work into this thought exercise to be consistent and well developed.

I am still very curious what you guys think. I would like to make up my mind whether the original goal (same fitting and balanced ruleset for online and tabletop) can be achieved or not.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasnt having a go, was just allaying fears that people weren't working on an alternate rule set for the site, just to calm albinv down Razz

I think its important that people understand that Christers position has always been fumbbl will use the official rules in the main divisions stance.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I understand. I thought putting the topic under the house ruled subforum would solve that. My bad, should have repeated the message at the beginning.

P.S. I add now to the original post that it is a theoretical exercise based on unification of those bb worlds.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to develop a solid ruleset, you need to consider all TW play, from low to high. Especially if it is going to work on FUMBBL, since coaches have the time to play a lot of games and "create" the team they at a desired TW.

Quote:
Rationale: Underpriced players contribute to the minmax phenomena in blackbox, while strip balled wardancer is a hot issue in tabletop resurrection. This step intends to balance those strategies.

Low Chaos Pact: 11 man (2CPOMB + 1Block+CPOMBER) + 2rr = 1000TW.

Mid: 11 man (8Block-CPOMB) + 2RR + Apo + 10FF = 1500TW

High: 11 man (11BD+CPOMB+Guard) + 2RR + Apo + 10FF = 2180TW

If you want to decrease the problem with bashing in Blackbox and minmax phenomena, then you should limit the access to skills that Maruaders have.

If they did not have access to A, it would cost them more to take the PO. So if they had want to minmax, they would take a regular skill.

You nerfed Chaos, Nurgle, CD and other bash teams, yet you buffed Chaos Pact. This is due to 2 things.
1. First by nerfing all other bash teams, you increase the bash power of Chaos Pact as no other team have same access to kill combos.
2. You made A easy accessible. This gave them PO for still being able to make a stack killer combo. AND you gave them Dodge and Jump Up for increased bash and survival power.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:

If you want to decrease the problem with bashing in Blackbox and minmax phenomena, then you should limit the access to skills that Maruaders have.

Yes Ehlers is correct, a simple solution and the correct way to go imo would be marauders are GM access only. Beastmen and pestigors are GS (m on doubles).

Simple and elegant. Though Nurgle Warriors should be reduced 10k as well, as should the beast.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

And Pestigors and RR. Poor Nurgz.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

rrs are fine at 70k as I dont see them being the most organised team, nor do I see their training facities as being up to much. Pestigors are fine price wise, blitz ras have 1 less ag and are the same price, sure they have block, but pestigors have Horns, rot and 1 ag for the same price which is about right.

the warriors are far too bloaty though, and the beast imo, the rotters could be dropped in price mind, as they are awful.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgz having more expensive RR than Chaos doesn't make sense fluff wise or mechanically.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

aye your not wrong. 60k would be acceptable really. Nurgz have moved on a lot since thier 2nd edition puddles of slime team.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:

Low Chaos Pact: 11 man (2CPOMB + 1Block+CPOMBER) + 2rr = 1000TW.

Mid: 11 man (8Block-CPOMB) + 2RR + Apo + 10FF = 1500TW

High: 11 man (11BD+CPOMB+Guard) + 2RR + Apo + 10FF = 2180TW

Limiting marauders to GMP would be good. You can't make a winning team at any TV without fan factor. (because, well, winning). So for the low pact team calculation, you would need to add +/-10 FF (and leader, and pro?) and remove both RR.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Limiting marauders to GMP would be good. You can't make a winning team at any TV without fan factor. (because, well, winning). So for the low pact team calculation, you would need to add +/-10 FF (and leader, and pro?) and remove both RR.

Nah you dont really have to remove the two RR. So they will have 1010TW with the 10FF, and so what? They will still be paired with low TW teams or rookie teams. They will still wreck havoc, chaos and killing.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

There are lots of different ways to nerf clawpomb. Nerfing piling on gets lots of attention, nerfing claw is another option. I'll offer a 3rd - the skill combination Claw and MightyBlow and Piling On is not permitted on any single player.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Endzone wrote:
There are lots of different ways to nerf clawpomb. Nerfing piling on gets lots of attention, nerfing claw is another option. I'll offer a 3rd - the skill combination Claw and MightyBlow and Piling On is not permitted on any single player.

Nice but doesn't help av7s at all.

Jump to: