44 coaches online • Server time: 11:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 464 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 840

Smeesh

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. I would change PO must be decided befor the rolls and then it will be used if armor is not broken, or it initially was, but only stun as a result.

But otherwise all was said on the first page.

Greetings

Smeesh
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Let's say, just for a second, that the CPOMB "problem" is solved (whatever that means). All that will happen is that CMB will be the problem, then TMB, then Blodge, then Guardspam, then...

That would be a good thing. It would mean that more than just CPOMB are playing higher TV.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Let's say, just for a second, that the CPOMB "problem" is solved (whatever that means). All that will happen is that CMB will be the problem, then TMB, then Blodge, then Guardspam, then...

There are various degrees of clawpomb nerf, a little nerf shouldn't necessarily lead to Guardspam being dominant.
Blodge is not a problem if you have some Tackle, currently is a problem when spammed at low TV when few teams can counter it.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:

Nah, people love Blodge and will always pretend that isn't OP as heck. I agree with the rest though, a very slippery slope.

Best to just remove attrition completely.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah and then if blodge or guard spam is the new problem we can try to fix that too

Point is just because things will never be perfect is no reason to give up on making them better

(Personally I think the simplest way is that these skills don't stack)

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
member1234

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The entire statistical basis of the ruleset is the problem! Fix all the things! Move the game to d8 block dice, d20 rolls, 0-100 stats and tiered split skills! Take the amount of random chance down to almost nothing!

Wink

Seriously, how much energy can folk expend on this? There must be thousands of pages of text on it around now.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Winni wrote:
Saying AV7 is a counter to Claw is like saying AG1 is a counter to tackle.

Close - The counter to tackle is standfirm. (As in it doesn't really counter but someone could argue that a player with stand firm won't dodge thus isn't affected by tackle. Okay, I've explained this way too much...)
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Winni wrote:
Bollox

Saying AV7 is a counter to Claw is like saying not having any players with Dodge is a counter to Tackle.

Fixed it for you.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Yeah and then if blodge or guard spam is the new problem we can try to fix that too

Point is just because things will never be perfect is no reason to give up on making them better
The assumption is that there is something wrong in the first place.

Lots of people seem to think that there is but don't seem to be able to show it to be an issue. The main "symptom" offered most often (high TV play not being played by other races) is, as koadah has said before, actually one of the aims, and is really only the case in the TV-matched environment (as opposed to leagues). In that sense it is working as intended; it's just that some people don't like the intention.
dode74

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

There are various degrees of clawpomb nerf, a little nerf shouldn't necessarily lead to Guardspam being dominant.
You've missed my point entirely: it's not about what is actually dominant but what is perceived as dominant. I think it's impossible, in this game, to make anything perfectly balanced, so something (and it matters not what) will always be OP.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

You've missed my point entirely: it's not about what is actually dominant but what is perceived as dominant. I think it's impossible, in this game, to make anything perfectly balanced, so something (and it matters not what) will always be OP.

Not asking it to be perfect. Only better.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
dode74 wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Exactly. Perfect balance will never be reached, but we can get closer to it.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
koadah wrote:
dode74 wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

OK, so how are we nerfing Elfs?

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

They are very OP, we can guess it by the fact that the Box is full of elf teams ruining everyone's fun.
Serious answer: making playing hybrid teams at mid-high TV more viable than now, since hybrid teams are the counter to agile teams, anyway Tackle, Mighty Blow and Piling On are good skills to counter the OP Blodgers (unlike Fend, that sucks vs Clawpomb).
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Not asking it to be perfect.

I disagree...Perfect balance can be achieved in Blood Bowl.

The first step would be this: All players have access to all the skills....General, Passing, Agility and Strength.

Mutation access teams would then have to use a chart similar to 2ed mutations were it is total random in its selection.

Now every team has access to the exact same skill sets. With the only wild card the mutation access teams.

You want total parity and perfect balance all the rosters have their players default to the exact same stat lines.

Linos: 6338
Blitzers: 7338
Blockers: 5429
Catchers: 8247
Throwers: 6338

Now you have total balance in stat lines and skill selection. Boring but totally balanced.

The only variable then left is who can roll the most +STAT skill ups.