18 coaches online • Server time: 06:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 464 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 840

Hero164

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

So DP should be +3 to AV and Injury.

Problem solved.

Stella for President!!

Need a new challenge? Here's all the challenge you will ever need.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19352
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like a free bribe given to the coach of the player victim of Piling On for every time Piling On is used, that would help without being gamebreaking, I think, because it's directly proportional to the number of times Piling On is used: if you use it a lot then your opponent will have a lot of bribes, if you use it tactically he won't.
Fluff reason: the free bribe represents the referee spotting the Piling On as illegal blocking and deciding to be lenient with the victim's team to balance up a bit the things.
ianuk77

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Most skills offered reduce but do not eliminate the risk of turnover or self injury, block, dodge, pass, safe hands, sure feet. PO has little risk especially once the opponent is thinned out and cannot reciprocate. The counter to PO, fouling with DP or SG is a once a turn option with risk of banning and turnover itself.

Dont nerf ClawPOMP, its a valid tactic but introduce an element of risk/reward and ordering and positional planning into the equation by giving it a reversal on a double (ie the Armour OR Inj roll goes to the player using PO, including the Claw/MB modifier + Turnover).
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I'd like a free bribe given to the coach of the player victim of Piling On for every time Piling On is used, that would help without being gamebreaking, I think, because it's directly proportional to the number of times Piling On is used: if you use it a lot then your opponent will have a lot of bribes, if you use it tactically he won't.
Fluff reason: the free bribe represents the referee spotting the Piling On as illegal blocking and deciding to be lenient with the victim's team to balance up a bit the things.

I prefer 'fouls on players who piled on will not be spotted by the ref until they've stood up'. That way if you stun him, you can just keep kicking it til you break something. =D (similar fluff, obviously).

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:

I prefer 'fouls on players who piled on will not be spotted by the ref until they've stood up'. That way if you stun him, you can just keep kicking it til you break something. =D (similar fluff, obviously).

Yes, that could work, remembering who piled on could be a bit troublesome during a tabletop game, though.
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
the_Sage wrote:

Yes, that could work, remembering who piled on could be a bit troublesome during a tabletop game, though.

No matter the game, it always helps to bring a little baggie of plastic gubbins to mark various non standard things.

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

You wouldn't even need markers. I'd just use a different orientation for prone players from POing and those who are prone for any other reason. i.e. face up with base towards own endzone = POed, base towards opposition EZ = other prones. Or something like that.

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling On -> stuns po'er.

Another quick fix suggestion needing no markers or different orientation. Still makes player safer than standing, but removes him from active play for 1 turn.

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:

Yes, that could work, remembering who piled on could be a bit troublesome during a tabletop game, though.[/quote]

You see that could work, except for two problems.
1. If I pile on 4 blocks in a turn (very possible). You can only foul 1 player. So I am potentially ahead.
2. What a good player would do is shield the pil'd on player. Thereby meaning that the other coach may have to dodge into a tackle zone to foul them.

Piling on is just to devastating when it can be potentially applied to both armor and Damage.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on guys, I solved this issue years ago.

If you think "fouling" is the answer and you do not want to contort into a pretzel with all kinds of off the wall house rules, here is what you do.

Buff, SNEAKY GIT!!!!!

Sneaky Git only gets "sent off" IF you roll a double on the injury check.

SO

Now a SG/DP can foul with abandon, only get sent off on a 1/6 chance IF HE BREAKS AV and wreak havoc.

What? Some back bench coach is yelling?

Yeah, TV what ever man!!!! Buff the Git to make it hard to get sent off and you do not have to contort into a pretzel to re write CRP rules. Just one sentence on the SG skill description.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2016 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling needs buffed and PO should be an agility skill. That way it would require doubles. And most mutations should be a hit for 30k like a doubles roll. Then a ClawPomber would cost an ungodly amount to the TV line.

I am also of the belief each skill after the third should cost like a double does so superstars and legends are quite a load on the team.

We need to get away from making the rules work for TT. TT should have simplified rules for the most part so you can easily play. Actually, the game is pretty OK with new teams except for the fact a few teams/combinations need minor tweaking. But everything is automated so for these perpetual leagues it could be a little more complicated because we do not have to calculate anything. The rules should be available for those leagues that want to calculate everything but even then we have army builders to make it easier.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2016 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If there is ever going to be any solution to the problem it needs to be an elegant solution as the game is still a tabletop game. The rules for BB are a steep enough learning curve, therefore I don't like the idea that the ref ignores fouls on PO players.

I also feel that power creep is best avoided and has been a problem with 40k.

I like the idea of mutations costing 30k but some crap mutations like two heads would need buffed to warrant the cost a little more.

Has anyone thought about approaching the situation from the Fend angle, and looking at how Fend could counter PO but still think MB and PO are ok together its Claw added in that's the real issue

I like the idea that every PO is a stun.
LaxonHrull

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2016 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Also killing PO might hurt Chaos/Nurgle etc but it will also hurt Orcs even more. ***Edit: I understand that I seem to be going round in circles!***

PO seems to be a problem on teams with Claw access so how about this for a suggestion:

Piling On: (as current description). In addition, if the PO player has the Claw mutation and uses PO, their razor sharp claws has the potential to hurt themselves, therefore the player must make an unmodified AV7 roll and if successful, an unmodified inj roll.

Is that too much of a nerf? I don't have the inj % stats for unmodified AV7
Dach

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe change Sneaky Git to being one re-roll to either armor or injury like PO is.

Wouldn't be as strong as PO cause:

- Only one by turn.
- You can still get ejected for it. (Even if less chance then now)
santamaria

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2016 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

2 solutions, both are not introducing new mechanics:

PO causes turnover[regardless the result]: in this way, just one per turn and you are less able to shield it
or, less drastic,
PO works only during a blitz, just one per turn but less risky because you can cover the prone player.

both are using mechanics that are already in BB (the first works as a "both down" without Block, the second works exactly like many skills like frenzy horns and juggernaut) and both are following the main logic of BB that can be summed up in "you can perform an high reward action just 1 per turn "(pass, handoff, blitz, foul etc)
 Jump to: