24 coaches online • Server time: 01:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

the champs are always waiting. I expect my opponent to play as we should have, tough.

TenaciousPiggy

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Loser's Cup Finals between TenaciousPiggy's Caskatchewan Toughriders vs Jokaero's One Foot High And Ready To Die is scheduled for 19:00 server time.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
the champs are always waiting. I expect my opponent to play as we should have, tough.

Please, please stop this. I wish you had played, and lost, maybe you could have at least slowed down those Skryre a bit for me. I ended up playing a team that got to coast through two bye rounds.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the fun final, TenaciousPiggy! Dice were definitely on my side 2nd half.

@WhatBall: out of curiosity, was there a prize announce for the winners of the winners and losers brackets? Couldn't find it. Rolling Eyes
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
I wish you had played, and lost, maybe you could have at least slowed down those Skryre a bit for me. I ended up playing a team that got to coast through two bye rounds.

my team was in perfect shape and his one badly crippled. there will be time... we are all bold and strong behind the keyboard.

but it would have been one those matche you wouldn't play.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Jokaero wrote:
@WhatBall: out of curiosity, was there a prize announce for the winners of the winners and losers brackets? Couldn't find it. Rolling Eyes

Yes, they were revealed in the SC thread. I need to get them onto players, etc. now. Give me time to work it out with Chriter and the other admins.

From the SC PM:
Maybe this will be some incentive to get those games in quickly.

...The Stunty Cup PRIZES!

SC Champion - The Banner of Champions
The winning team at the illustrious Stunty Cup will be presented with a massive banner eschewing their victory. In addition, one player will be awarded the smaller Banner of Champions, to be worn onto the field of play. The power of the banner is such that it will elevate its bearer to greatness.

Fan Favourite
Leader
Mighty Blow
+AV

SC Runner Up - Gloves of Almost Thievery
The runner up in the Stunty Cup is nothing to be ashamed of, but to come so close and not win can be a terrible blow. These magic gauntlets are the embodiment of being so close to hoisting the prize, but having it slip through your fingers.

+AG
Strip Ball
No Hands

Loser's bracket Winner - The Curious Cuirass
This strange piece of armour will shape itself to any wearer and seems to always be altering its shape. The effect is both mesmerizing and confusing, to both the bearer and their foes.

Disturbing Presence
Hypnotic Gaze
Bone-head

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Jokaero wrote:
Thanks for the fun final, TenaciousPiggy! Dice were definitely on my side 2nd half.

It was quite fun! I still had at least 1 player with hands on the pitch by the end, which is always a plus.

Have fun with the prize. I suppose it won't be too useful on a Fae team, as you already have access to all three of those skills, but still that would be a funny little Brownie.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Gah, I was BARELY beaten by Umbongo Bongo (who made it to the semi-finals) and by Jokaero's Fae, who won the Loser's Bracket. I would dare say an objective review of those matches would conclude I got right Nuffled.

I mean really, Umbongo's winning score came on a Whiptail OTT wherein he escaped a tents at -4ST.
And I had that game vs. Jokaero, but NOOOOO, couldn't get a push on 3d to clear the path for the game winner in regulation. And I refuse to speak of OT.

I'm not bitter though. Really.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Jokaero wrote:

Yes, they were revealed in the SC thread. I need to get them onto players, etc. now. Give me time to work it out with Chriter and the other admins.

Is the player getting the boost choosed randomly right?

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2014 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

UP

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer's minions have finished crafting the Stunty Cup prizes. Keep your eyes out for these nasty players on the field, and if you see them, please kill them. Twisted Evil

William Wallcas
Who says 10 is the maximum for any stat? Lies! Can nobody stop this abomination?

Hugo the Menacing
Hugo like, Hugo take! Including the ball. Look out for everyone's favourite goblin/troll hybrid

Superstecher
What do Fae need? More Disturbing Presence, more Hypnotic Gaze, and more Bone-Head! Laughing