85 coaches online • Server time: 20:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Raising a Thrall wit...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variants
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
6,6 on a Block Snotling Troll
+ST - don't dare to deny nuffle again!
51%
 51%  [ 22 ]
Tackle - smash all stunties!
32%
 32%  [ 14 ]
Pro - Boost that IQ!
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Other Double - maybe AG1 Leap FTW?
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
S'not my Pie
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 43

Roland

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

tackle, multiblock next Twisted Evil
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I took block + tackle on 2/3 trolls and a snottlung pump wagon on this team with no regrets!
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=32839

The remaining troll just has block but I would give him tackle as well on a dbl.

Im not sure why i gave kick skill to both a troll and the pump wagon though...

Oscar Wilde
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure why you gave either kick. Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

selfy_74 wrote:
Having said that I tend to agree with HM on Blockle big guys. I have a blockle +str squig and it does tend to get all a bit one-dimensional.

Perhaps Jump-Up is the happy medium.

I think one big guy with blackle MB isn't too bad. He has a neg trait, so you're weighing up that neg trait every time you make a blitz.

Also as I said earlier, once you get past 1500TV most of your matches are going to be against teams that can take out big guys.

Its when you have a couple of big guys and 1 or 2 others with the combo. Games turn into a CPOMB version of Stunty. member1234's team for example is pretty frightening.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It all depends on the big guy. I've got a ST6 Maneater, and I wished I'd taken Block. I also have a ST6 Strig Lord, and he rocks the casbah! (Ofc, Strig Lords get G on normal rolls so the +ST is really a no-brainer).

Basically, any big with/ capable of Claw or Tents (which is quite a lot of them actually) is worth +ST either for stunty holding or big guy/ mecha killing. I would probably take it on a Fenbeast as well just because getting a ST8 player would be awesome no matter the TV hit.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the feedback folks.

I think Sigmar hits it on the head with +ST only being worth it on claw or tents big guys so I am ruling this out.

Jump-up is an interesting choice, although I don't take P/O that much in Stunty on BGs, too many pointy little boots for my liking and I like my BGs on their feet as road blocks.

I think Tackle is the sensible choice if slightly boring choice, I was looking for some strong arguments for Pro but haven't really seen enough. I do agree with HM that Blockle MB guys are a bit cheesy in Stunty but at least nearly all teams have access to this through doubles and snots really do have to rely on killing things to survive. If I get a double on the other block troll I'll probably Pro him up and use him to throw little dudes!
 Jump to: