19 coaches online • Server time: 05:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Any ideas on fluff/special rules/restrictions on teams? If not I could try and think of some.
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

No, no special ideas about that league. It was juste a way to launch an experimental league with a funway of playing Smile

Help yourself, I promotedyou as group administrator !
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested!
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I am most definitely interested, but depending on the start of the league and number of rounds not entirely certain whether I'd be able to participate for a full first season.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalminael wrote:
I thought about the 2 divisions thing, but the problem is that in this case, it has to be at least a 16 teams league, which is harder to find ^^

16 Teams is neat and tidy, but hardly necessary.

Lots of ways to do diff numbers of teams. Round Robin and Swiss jump immediately to mind. (Byes are less than optimal, but hardly a dealbreaker.)

I might be interested in this, depending.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Two divisions of four teams sounds good to me, one bashers division and one ballers division. Maybe we can go up to 16 teams after a successfull first season.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Better to start small but as quickly as possible. Drop outs are an inevitable aspect of Leagues and many fall by the wayside before they even get going. If it is seen working you will attract more coaches and can also talk about what does or doesnt work easier with a small group after a short season or two. You have a lot of interest already so I wish the very best of luck with it and I will keep my eye on things as they progress. (I am over-committed to Leagues myself at the moment else I would have joined in a shot!).

Take care Dalfort.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Coaches interested:
- Kalminael
- PaddyMick
- sonrises?
- kashper
- Candlejack
- Albemouff?
- Smeat?
- SkavenLordVinshqueek
- MonkeyMan576

If everyone is ok, we could start this week-end Smile

Last edited by Kalminael on %b %14, %2014 - %13:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
kashper

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

<- interested
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i will be pretty busy the next two weekends so i might need some time to get a round done. If that's okay, i am in.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
Well, i will be pretty busy the next two weekends so i might need some time to get a round done. If that's okay, i am in.

I doubt this can be a problem. You don't have to play in the weekend, and if we start with 2 divisions of 4 teams, we can go slowly ^^
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I came up with a set of rules.

RULES

- When you want to participate to Money Bowl, you did it as a player. Teams are not eligible.
- In Money Bowl, you'll have two separate roles: coach and general manager. They compete in each roles, trying to be the best coach and the best GM.
- Players will be separated in two divisions, drawn randomly.
- Once the divisions are drawn, each player will be named GM of the team of a player in the other division.
- Once the GM are chosen, they can start their work. They have to choose everything about the team, like if they have created it: race/name/composition/player's names/fluff and bios/pics and logos... You have to be a minimum creative. Player's names like P1 or zzzzzzz aren't allowed.
- When all the teams are created, the league begins. It will be a 1 match/week in round robin format.
- Once the weekly games are finished, GM have to take all the decisions for the team: progression rolls, players hiring and/or retiring, use of treasury, ...
- The new week of competition begins once all the teams are ready to play.
- Standings are set like this:
- Team standings: win 3pts / draw 1 pt / loss 0pt / glorious game (3 td or more scored for) +1pt / bloody day (3 or more casualties caused) +1pt / rainy day (3 or more completions) +1pt / perfect defense (0 td scored against) +1pt / unbreakables (0 casualties against) +1pt
- GM standings: each week the GM gather as many points as their team and get bonus point if some of these events happened:
- Team spirit: every member of the team got at least 1 spp --> +3pts
- This kid gots talent: a player you just hired got at least 1spp / 1 progression roll --> +1/2pts per player
- Perfect plan: a positionnal that died or retired last round is replaced --> +1pt per player
- Any other idea?

Can someone translate all of this in a perfect english? Razz
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

So Team Spirit means that in one game all 11 players need to get at least one point?

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

i confirm i am in for season 1.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Well I guess the point would be to try and win both divisions, one by coaching and one by managing, so you'd want the best team possible.

Can a manager fire a coach? (And/or can a coach/team quit a manager?) Laughing

Kalminael wrote:
I came up with a set of rules.

RULES

- Once the weekly games are finished, GM have to take all the decisions for the team: progression rolls, players hiring and/or retiring, use of treasury, ...

How will this be enforced? If a Manager has one idea and the Coach a diff one, practically speaking the Coach has final say (because it's "his" team). Confused

Maybe a weekly PM thread with all the Team decisions (since PM's can't be edited). Written in stone, the Coach has to follow it.

Quote:
- The new week of competition begins once all the teams are ready to play.

Um... this Rule means that the "once/week" rate is not actually 1x/7 days, and could take much longer.

How about a simple "new weeks start every Tuesday" (or Thurs, or whatever) and if someone is late, they take a forfeit. Joining a League is a commitment to the other coaches, and to NOT make them wait on you if you're slow. Get the game played early if you want time to think about the manager's decisions.

Quote:
o glorious game (3 td or more scored for) +1pt
o bloody day (3 or more casualties caused) +1pt
o rainy day (3 or more completions) +1pt /
o perfect defense (0 td scored against) +1pt
o unbreakables (0 casualties against) +1pt

o Team spirit: every member of the team got at least 1 spp --> +3pts
o This kid gots talent: a player you just hired got at least 1spp
o Perfect plan: a positionnal that died or retired last round is replaced

While fun and fluffy, some of these favor some Races over others to an extreme - high Bash, high Agility, high AV. Some teams could get "2 wins" worth of points in a single game (and quite possibly do so regularly!). While creative, not sure it's a good idea.

Are we putting limits on the number of teams of one Race?

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
 Jump to: