14 coaches online • Server time: 06:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
So, what do you say?
YES: Simple and easy Buff
51%
 51%  [ 16 ]
NO: Way to OP for my taste
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
PIE: I prefer apple but will take peach if neccesary
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 31

PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

A very simple Buff:

If you roll a modified 13+ on the AV check you get a +1 to injury check.

Would like to see this implemented as a League Optional rule.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting thought. The one danger I see is that if you get steamrolled in the first half and only your star is left on the pitch, this makes matters even worse as your opponent could make a second half comeback even more difficult.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

When I played in a Blood Bowl 2 league many many years ago, they had a house rule where a natural double 6 on the armour roll caused an extra +1 to injury.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

liquidorange wrote:
Interesting thought. The one danger I see is that if you get steamrolled in the first half and only your star is left on the pitch, this makes matters even worse as your opponent could make a second half comeback even more difficult.

In a league environment I could see this as problematic, but in Box or Ranked, sometimes fouling with your superstar or legend is just good sense.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

liquidorange wrote:

You, Sir, are a lot more confident then in your "game" than me. IF I kick off the second half with only my ONE STAR Player and that is it against 11 foes......WELL I have already written off and chalked this one as a loss.

No need to even worry about a second half comeback.

Regardless of what fouling rules you are playing with.

Very Happy Shocked

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 19:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This idea provides the largest boost to the teams that are already winning the casualty war to begin with. Doesn't sound like the right idea.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup that's why igmeoy was such an awesome rule.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
This idea provides the largest boost to the teams that are already winning the casualty war to begin with. Doesn't sound like the right idea.

That's always been my gripe with foul boosting - a team up 11 v 7 has no reason to hold back on fouling unless it absolutely imperils position. If there was more of a dichotomy between CAS through blocking and CAS through fouling i might be in favor of a buff but as it stands now, anything you can do with a non bashy team with fouling, you can do better with a bashy with fouling.

Even outside of situations like that a team like Chaos Dwarves have players that were born to foul, hobgoblins, given their absolutely worthlessness until they get two skills. Combine with natural ability to cause attrition and I am at a loss as to how buffed fouling works for the teams that need it - unless it's through the AG skill path Wink
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it. The problem with fouls are the injury rolls. For something that can lose you your player, not having the equivalent of a piling on sucks.
However, I wouldn't make it a 13+, I would make it 'exceed the armor value by 5 or more'. That way, it's still a 13+ for AV8, but 12+ for AV7 and 14+ for AV9, etc.

Hmm, I do share the concerns that while you want to buff fouls, you don't want to buff GANGfouls per se.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
I like it. The problem with fouls are the injury rolls. For something that can lose you your player, not having the equivalent of a piling on sucks.
However, I wouldn't make it a 13+, I would make it 'exceed the armor value by 5 or more'. That way, it's still a 13+ for AV8, but 12+ for AV7 and 14+ for AV9, etc.

Hmm, I do share the concerns that while you want to buff fouls, you don't want to buff GANGfouls per se.

How they passed up the opportunity to make Sneaky Git the PO of fouling is weird. Yes, you do in fact want snotlings using that because it would actually make it a valid skill choice and make snots better.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well....a couple of random thoughts.

1)Bashers in CRP do not need to foul because they have the best skill set for inflicting massive pain and suffering...ALL ON NORMAL SKILL ROLLS.

SO...unlike LRB4 they do not need to lay the boot to inflict pain.

2)Why are we so concerned about a team getting short manned and the other team just starts laying the boot on think and heavy? Is it because the majority of teams run with these trimmed and primed TV CRP teams with 11-13 man rosters, maybe?

Bring a 15-16 man roster and now under this rule set you do not have to worry about attrition from fouling against you. Attrition in the sense that you are already short manned 3 turns into the match.

3)If you are a guy who likes his fluff with a rule change then I would say YES we want to buff the gang foul!!!!

A single snotling should not have the same odds to inflict a CAS( IF he breaks AV) as a 9 orc dog pile on top of some lone human lino (they break AV)!!!! It makes no sense from a fluff stand point.

Last edited by PainState on %b %06, %2014 - %20:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
anisdrin

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

So when you will go low on players you will be gangfouled to obliterate your team.
Great idea!
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

What you smoking these days painstate? Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I play with 14+ on a lot of my teams - if you defend first it's likely immaterial how deep your bench is after you've been reduced to <11 when you receive, accounting for KOs 50%. Having a deep bench doesn't help if you're short for 7/16ths of the game. I've played enough games with AV7 and 14+ players to know that its simply not enough sometimes to ensure even teams at half and some games are done by the end of the first half.

Furthermore, i'd love to see goblins taken on Orcs as expert foulers - that's what a change to Sneaky Git would do. Those tiny jabby elbows are like razor blades.

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %06, %2014 - %20:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: