21 coaches online • Server time: 06:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should a fumbled TTM cause a turn over even when the stunty isn't holding the ball?
Damn straight - stunties dominate and need to be taken down a peg.
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
No way - give the poor stunty coach a break.
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Yes-always played TTM this way. My local league plays it this way.
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
No-always played TTM this way. My local league plays it this way.
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

AlphaX

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2003 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Please undo this change. The apothecary should be able to induce vomiting and fix the poor git.

Also, it seems clear to me that they intended no turn over if you fumble a teammate with TTM. Landing and Eating both clearly indicate no turnover. I understand why this change was made - but wonder if there should be an official ruling on it. Stunty Teams have lots of things against them. Having no risk of a turn over when attempting to position a player with TTM (which is dangerous enough) should be an advantage for fielding a stunty.
Dragoonkin

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2003 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Not true...fumbling a TTM is the same as fumbling any other pass: A turnover.

Look at the LRB "Throwing Team-Mates" section, page 23: "The throw is treated like a normal pass, except that the range is treated as being one band higher". And as per a normal pass, a fumble is a turnover, period.
jmac

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2003 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Is risking a players life with a TTM the same as throwing the ball? I think not. Since there is more inherent risk, I believe the rules should be changed to no turnovers on a fumbled TTM.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2003 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Any player you can throw is hardly a "risk" to lose...we're talking Gobbos and 'flings here. Razz Yeah if he has a bajillion SPP maybe, but how many get to that level?
AlphaX

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2003 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Um, helmut - the player with the MOST spp. (or was...)

I'll put it this way, until the apothecary is fixed for eat team mate. I'm not tossing my stunties with special skills or spp 16+... The apothecary is the topic of this post - the fumble is a rant!

As for stunty teams - look at the stats page, click on races. Then click on "W" in "W/D/L". Now, which team is at the absolute top of the list ? Does that stunty team get TTM ? No. Look at the teams at the absolute bottom of the list - they all have TTM.
 Jump to: