58 coaches online • Server time: 18:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
More team slots in ranked division?
yes
59%
 59%  [ 137 ]
no
40%
 40%  [ 95 ]
Total Votes : 232

Uber

Post   Posted: May 22, 2004 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted yes, adding 2-3 might be reasonable and please most people. People who don't care for ranked division wouldn't be affected I think.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2004 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

No more slots.

The entire point of R is that it is the ranked, serious division.

As a coach, you should be limited, and should have to manage that side of things. You have 5 teams right now, and can't find games? Then bite the bullet and reorganize.

I like to think of my R teams as my professional teams that play for a living, my U teams as non-league teams battling for recognition, and Ladder I hope will become very strong, and will be the elite division. I don't see any reason to have more R team slots.
Clementus

Post   Posted: May 22, 2004 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely isnt that hard to find Higher TR games if everyone seems to be complaining about having high TR? If you all cant find games try getting together. I find it easy as hell to find games for my sides, and ones a ponsy Wood Elf side and ones a skaven side which can cause pain, but still find games.

Just dont be quite so pansyish about your opponents. Play those chaos with claw, maybe only play them once but give them a go, you might be surprised at the strength and durability of your side.

As for slots, give more to stunty!!

Flings Rule!
Tank

Post   Posted: May 22, 2004 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

What if each coach could alot slots between ranked, divX, unranked or even stunty.
For example each coach currently has a max.. 5 ranked and 5 DivX , how about everyone deciding on their own way of alotting those 10 slots between the divisions.

Just a thought...

Post   Posted: May 22, 2004 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

just an idea.... more slot in ranked team but limitation to 1 team by race and by coach in ranked team.

I dislike DivX, without ageing it s not bloodbowl, sorry... rules are made for something Smile
Don t see the point of [U] division. Playing without the aim to win? ok so just play warhammer Very Happy

Of course i vote 'yes'... i m a fan of ranked division Smile

Post   Posted: May 22, 2004 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There could also be some form of an incentive for people to play in other divisions where if they'd for instance win 5 games in a row could be granted an extra slot in ranked div.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 22, 2004 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

bah that would increase cherrypicking from the off to find easy games to get your 5 wins
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 23, 2004 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a div X team to play some different race (ogre) but it's clear that I prefer the usual rules (aeging and so). i have a stunty team and 2 U for tournaments. But besides of tournaments, for what reason play an unranked game?

I'm for ranked game and I like the idea to have a lot of slots!!

I have a 145 coach rating and I like to try to climb higher in the coach standing.
But I had a strange feeling. it's like low ranked coaches are chased by higher ones(160-165+). maybe I m wrong but I do not like that game selection. That thing that brings a woodelf team avoid chaos and the like. How can a coach that avoid teams can believe his one of the bests? that's too easy.

So I though about it and, couldn't it be possible to make a game launcher like warcraft 3? The game selects you an oppenent of similar str. It could be a new division working like ranked but in wich you can't choose you're opponent.
Grondis

Post   Posted: May 23, 2004 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted no. More slots, more opportunities to dodge those teams considered "dull". Too many "sorry, don't want to play dwarves" for me, and I have never tried to get a game against lower TR/strenght team with them (always up for a challenge). Inexperienced as I may be, I think that the treshold to get 4th-5th team must be more than 5 played games (or, better still progressive - 5 all for 3rd, 10 all for 4th and maybe after that, a new go, so after 5th starts another set of Ranked teams - hope you understood what I was after Wink).

Well - My output is not so clear, so show it with numbers Smile. How about: Get 1st and second free, as is now. Play 5 games with 1 and 2, and get 3rd, as is now. Get 10 games with 1,2,3 and get 4th. Get 10 games with 4th, and get 5th.And then, keep all the previous, but get two new slots, A and B for new teams, with same opportunities to get more (C after 5 games with A and B and so on), up to 10.

May be too complicated - just an idea Wink.
Mully

Post   Posted: May 23, 2004 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Its fine the way it is.

Open can be cutthroat sometimes so its nice to have U games that people dont take so seriously all of the time

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I continue to think a game launcher would be cool.
Mother_Sparrow

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
- Felix Hamm, 1921
There's more than enough space as you see. Why stop now? >8) ... oh.. and yes... burn in hell

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

A game launcher would not be very good.

Wood elves should not be playing dwarves of the same str, simple as that. Suggesting they should is ridiculous,
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
...But besides of tournaments, for what reason play an unranked game?

Not to pick on you personally, sk8, but what's the reason for playing a ranked game? To gain some artificial stat based upon other artificial stats? That's just weak.

The point of playing any game - Ranked, Unranked or Parcheesi - is to have fun and try to win (preferably in that order). I realize I'm taking your question out of context but I think I can actually feel myself die just a wee bit every time someone says something like this.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Funso wrote:
No more slots.

The entire point of R is that it is the ranked, serious division.

As a coach, you should be limited, and should have to manage that side of things. You have 5 teams right now, and can't find games? Then bite the bullet and reorganize.

I like to think of my R teams as my professional teams that play for a living, my U teams as non-league teams battling for recognition, and Ladder I hope will become very strong, and will be the elite division. I don't see any reason to have more R team slots.

I haven't played a ranked game since the coach ranking reset. With 19 races to choose from 5 is very restrictive once a team gets above 250 TR and fair games become extremely hard to find.

A new ranked slot when a team reaches 50 games played for example is what we need.
 Jump to: