19 coaches online • Server time: 08:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What race i choose to play?
More [fr]agile teams - Amazon or something
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Mutations - Underworld, Chaos Pact
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Basher again
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Stunty - skinks
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Pie
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 26

DUBitativ

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi mates,

i need your advice to choose a race for my TT local league. That's a little league, just 8 teams. 7 rounds and playoffs, i guess for all teams. All teams begin rookies, tv 1000, preferably not repeat race.

The other races are: a Norse team with a rookie coach; an elf team, DE or WE; another one non-dark elf team; lizards; slann; gobbos; halflings with a nice coach.

The last league, i played with lizards and reached the first position in the league and lost the final against CD, in a tough and really funny match with an OTTD for my oneturner. An epic final. I'm proud of it Razz

In my league we pay a few € for the finalists of the playoffs, distributing the prize 60-40% for some minis. I think in a league between friends is better different people win the prize. Be competitive but not greedy.

I don't know what race i choose. I'm surprised by my mate's race election. Usually we play more bashy races. And I, on the other hand, want to try some diferent styles too.

What do you propose me? I'm open-mind. Thanks a lot
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires seem like a good fit.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a league with some variety and almost only light teams, I'd try to get my best with Humans: you'll play the heavy hitter role, but you'll have to earn it!

The absence of any Orc/Undead/Dwarfish team really makes humans a good pick, and humanity needs some glory!
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Underworld!

Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

give humans a go. They are lots of fun and can mix it up a bit.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I second the Underworld suggestion.

I've just started my 1st season with them after using Lizards for 3 seasons, they're a nice change & fun to use. Looking forward to getting some mutated gobbos.
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Pact'em! the big guys will have a field day, and all the skill options can allow you to customize as the league develops
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres will do well against all that low armour think how cool it would be to reach the final again with the 'worst race' in blood bowl. You'll have a lot of fun too.
They do well (or at least I do well with them at low TV, and with such a short league you really have a shot. 5 ogres, 2 rerolls, first purchase another Ogre. Mighty blow on 5 players and 20k foul machines!! and the best bit is, it's Ogres so no one will complain Smile
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2014 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Ogres will do well against all that low armour think how cool it would be to reach the final again with the 'worst race' in blood bowl. You'll have a lot of fun too.
They do well (or at least I do well with them at low TV, and with such a short league you really have a shot. 5 ogres, 2 rerolls, first purchase another Ogre. Mighty blow on 5 players and 20k foul machines!! and the best bit is, it's Ogres so no one will complain Smile

Ogres never do well. Especially not against elfs and teams with a lot of dodge.

I would go humans or undead.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann also be pretty good against light, dodgy teams. Getting a Slann Blitzer means you have a punching force the enemy can't simply run away from, and the Kroxigor is better big Guy than the Ogre (faster, same nega traits, same armor/thick skull, has a skill that can make dodging harder, rather than the human Ogre's wasted "Throw Teammate").
icesmooth

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans
Relezite

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Vampires.
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go with Amazons, they are surprisingly hardy players and with no teams u are facing having Tackle at the start will give u a real edge

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires was my first thought. Surely it depends on which models you have?

Oscar Wilde
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hrmm... Personally I wouldn't put real cash down for prizes in league play. In my experience, it's often the same folks who win, and several who never do. For a real tournament, with venue, organizers, etc, that's not as big a deal, but for a TT league with the same 8 people every season. Meh.

Lizards are not bashers, especially those aged 0-8 games. Undead and amazons are the powergamer options here imo. If you want fun, go with goblins.

Jump to: