40 coaches online • Server time: 13:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

no I just mean its fine. The records are there to beat, we know what they mean. Just do your best to beat them. If you cant beat them then its tough. You shouldn't be the highest ranked "scorer" If you aren't the highest living scorer. The records are tough to beat and that's a good thing, if they were easy it would cheapen them and make the goals you strive for too easy to achieve.

fluff-
In Blood Bowl most teams are nomadic anyway, so who's to say the team didn't just get lost walking through the World Edge Mountains and one day they may find their way out and play again.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Any time I've managed to actually make it to races (which is a poor percentage) I've then ended up at Amazon and had to give up rather than scroll through races. How do I, for example, check out Orc players only? And nice as a direct link would be, where do I go to find such link should I want to pick another race? And while I'm generally wondering...

How do I get to Orc teams too while I'm on?

Last edited by Malmir on %b %01, %2014 - %22:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

the problem would remain if it was based purely on the coaches activity, for example the owner of a pair of Ranked Intercepting Trees *ahem shameless* is currently active but those same trees have not played a game in (a week shy of) 6 months...

Whilst I agree that being "active" implies being on the site, I for one would like to top the list (Active or All-time) by being TOP and not by being the "current" leader... I made a mistake by believing my Trees to be the first ones to post in the section but they were beaten a long time before by Twirly Grenar who did not appear on the specific Ranked; Halfling; Treeman list but did appear on the Ranked; Halfling; All list which I believe was a result of the new client and the way these things a correlated. I could be wrong though Wink

Needless to say I like the way things are but at the end of the day its Christer's show and I appreciate everything he does (as I am sure you and everyone does to) and the precedence he sets for everything he implements.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
no I just mean its fine. The records are there to beat, we know what they mean. Just do your best to beat them. If you cant beat them then its tough. You shouldn't be the highest ranked "scorer" If you aren't the highest living scorer. The records are tough to beat and that's a good thing, if they were easy it would cheapen them and make the goals you strive for too easy to achieve.

fluff-
In Blood Bowl most teams are nomadic anyway, so who's to say the team didn't just get lost walking through the World Edge Mountains and one day they may find their way out and play again.

I was kind of assuming that we wouldn't have "active" records unless we also had "all time" records.

This isn't something that I look at but if I did I'd expect "active" to mean "active".

Edit: I assumed that we were talking about the team being active.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir: are you talking about these lists: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&group=&race=&order=4&nav=1
Or the coach standing lists?

We're talking about the lists you can reach by hovering over FUMBBL in the top menu, and then clicking on 'Top lists'. To choose a race, you select one from the dropdown menu. Once you have chosen a race, you can choose from that race's player types.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I concur with all the improvements suggested. I like the top lists! I would like it if they were a bit more meaningful and easier to search.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I would like to have the option of searching "All competitive divisions" (B+R), since League ultimately means very little for things like this.

Another cool thing would be if you could search by position or race. For example, "All Ghouls" or "All Skaven Linemen" or "All Catchers" since these types of players exist on multiple teams. But maybe I'm the only one who likes this kind of thing...
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Active should mean active, we have all time records for the lazy/dead stars.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with you cameron. In fact, I'd go slightly further on your last point: I'd like "All Goblins" to include Pact and UW Gobs, as well as those on Orc and Gob teams, despite their different skill access. Likewise, I'd like to be able to do best Beastman and include Pestigors in that list. Or best human, with amazons, norse, thralls, marauders, etc.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Youre not alone, ive been wondering about that too. Ideally what we would have down the road is a report writer where we can better select criteria and get super specific. Or koadah and shraaaag can do a webinar where they reveal the basics of mining the tables for xml/sql noobs
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to see more options to peruse the tables (especially the Race/Position across divisions idea), I just think that the "Active" meaning "not dead or retired (player or team)" and that "All-Time" includes "everybody" are fine as they are.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Youre not alone, ive been wondering about that too. Ideally what we would have down the road is a report writer where we can better select criteria and get super specific. Or koadah and shraaaag can do a webinar where they reveal the basics of mining the tables for xml/sql noobs

or this ^^ Very Happy
Malmir

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Malmir: are you talking about these lists: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&group=&race=&order=4&nav=1
Or the coach standing lists?

We're talking about the lists you can reach by hovering over FUMBBL in the top menu, and then clicking on 'Top lists'. To choose a race, you select one from the dropdown menu. Once you have chosen a race, you can choose from that race's player types.

If I click on your link, I get a mix of teams. If I then click on 'race' I get amazon. How do I get from there to the race I actually want to see? The toplists get me to players but not teams.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so for those lists, which are just for teams and not players, you need to find the race you want to look at in the link, and click on that. So, if I wanted to look at Chaos, I'd scroll through the general lists looking for a Chaos team, then click on the word 'Chaos' in the Race column. Then you can sort those by any of the columns.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

active means living, all time means best ever including dead. I really dont see the problem.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir: Check out the old forum thread on those lists. Knowing those race IDs makes navigating the lists much more comfortable! Smile

Jump to: