18 coaches online • Server time: 02:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should you foul 1 turners?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 141 ]
No
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
I Dont Agree With fouling
12%
 12%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 164

poi66

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
Zhluhur, If u need to get a 1 turn to win, then u must not be a good coach...

Is one a good coach who needs 8 turns to score and trashes the opponents team meanwhile? Or is one a good coach who can make it even in one turn WITH a trashed team?

DropDeadFred wrote:
...most elf teams have av7 and they move 6-7 they dont complain they still manage to play on and score within and 3-4 turns

They also all have AG 4 and ST 3, so everyone of them can handle the ball and can also go toe to toe. And a well build elfen team is also able to score in two turns and the only thing that will stop them is a snake eye.

One turners are great fun to have them and also trying to stop them. But if a oneturner is on the ground then kick the sucker. I am not a big fouler but there are several creatures like ST4+ WDs, witches, rsc-claws, one turners etc. - they cry for being fouled.

So yes, one turners should be in the match, and yes they should be kicked!
Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

When someone has a one turner and you don't, all you do is kick off to him. He scores first turn, your score back on the last turn of the first half. Second half you receive and score on your last turn, leaving him with a one turn try for a tie if you haven't managed to get rid of it in the meantime. Simple and effective. One turners will play havoc on this strategy if the opponent rolls alot of blizt actions on the kick off. Not much to do then, but thats why in this game fortune is fickle. And yes, foul em.

diarmuid
"It's only a game, so don't sweat over it too much."
poi66

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Unxerxes wrote:
Imo, one-turners are a waste of a valuable gutter runner. I have once made one and that team became so broken in no time I killed the one-turner off myself...

A real good point. I wouldnt go so far to say they are a waste. But I sacked on myself - he had 176 SPP and still no niggle, but he cost me 42TR and 28ST which is definitley to much, so is he is a coach now...
Calador

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't bothered reading through all 6 pages, but here's my view.

First of all, I don't play vs 1-turners, but if I did, I'd foul them if I got the chance.
I'll throw everything I can against them simply to injure them. I usually don't foul
much, but against 1-turners, I'd sure do it.
Why do I want to injure them ? ... Well, I play to win, and with a 1-turner on the
opposing team my chances go down significantly. Ofcourse, I don't make 1-turners
on my own teams either... They simply aren't any fun, and require no skill at all to
use.
poi66

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Calador wrote:
They simply aren't any fun, and require no skill at all to
use.

...simply not true, they can be of extreme fun and it requires more skill to use them than an rsc/claw monster.
Daragor

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Although i don't have a Skaven team, building a one-turner is a very good tactic. Sure, you don't want him hogging the points and so you should only use him in tight scrapes. You can then concentrate on gearing the rest of your team to be primarily defensive. I can't see the pull in skaven teams (atleast not yet) but enough people have told me how good they can be and they primarily win not kill. Give me Lizards any day.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The last match in which I played a one turner. (Saunders)

The game was really a blow out, and the only thing that saved the tie was the one turner. I had one chance to push him out because he dropped a pass, in the endzone, but I threw four skulls. But as you can see from his list of cas, using the one turner cost him when he tried to mount a defense. I have nothing against the opponent, his team or the one turner, because that is how the game gets played. If someone uses a one turner on you, you make the rest of his team pay the price, after the ensuing kick off.

As for the poll. This is a little story I wrote over a year ago (in the overly huge fouling thread, when it was young), about the Gutter Runner, Ridiculous. Would I foul a One-turner? Yes I would.

Asperon Thorn
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The most enjoyable game I've ever played was against a 1-turn scoring elven team. He surprised me in turn 1 of the game by scoring, and it proved the edge in a 5-4 game. My own gr is very nearly a one-turn scorer, but I actually use him more as a block-helper. His extreme speed allows him to get around to anywhere on the pitch in no time to set up that crucial 2d block. I made him a side-stepping blodger, and as soon as I get the chance he'll have guard, making him the epitome of the hurry-in-and-help kinda guy.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh, one turners. I killed a one turner last game, but their damn apothecary was sober as it turns out. Only managed to give him a missing afterwards. Sad Evil demons, <b>kill</b> them all!

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

imo i think one turners shouldn,'t br fouled first or targeted , when a skaven or a WE have to put their expensive one turner they are surely in great trouble , so aim the blitzer and the blockers , then after or most of the opp team is out, well, happy hunting .
Different is in a tournament where winning is the only thing , but you know that a deep defense will block near every one-turner so first are the painiest or the most tactical then one turners leaving blockers or linemen for another time . remember that one-turners are so good only for making 8th turn td , otherway every 7 mv or+ is a danger.
Ash

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

don t see the point....
look at my team... i don t have any one turner.
look at my stats... i m really not a bashy player, don t have a team with more than 2 cas by game.
So.... i m not playing extinction of opponement team nor one turner and i m still winning a lot of game and opponement are happy cause games are funny...
i hate one turner and i hate more hearing that the best way to win is to destroy the opponement's team.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The only 1 turner that dosn t deserve a foul is a ttm one tunrer. those are the coolest
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as he's a threat for my team, I could foul him, it's as simple as that.
As long as it's possible to create one-turner I would create it cause I play to win (even if don't usually lol).

What I don't like: to select you're opponent: e.g. woodelves that prefers not to play teams too strenghtfull (like a friend of mine playing khem's +ramtut)

Do I think it's positive for the game? Honestly not. I should not be possible to score without even letting the défense try to do smthg.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

clockbob wrote:
The only 1 turner that dosn t deserve a foul is a ttm one tunrer. those are the coolest

well, it's hard to pick out all those potential oneturners in a gobbo team, anyway Wink
Ash

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Do I think it's positive for the game? Honestly not. I should not be possible to score without even letting the défense try to do smthg.

You can usually defend against one turner... the problem comes from one turner with Ag>4...

A deep defence with tackle give some difficulty to one turner. You can manage to make him fail. But with a one turner Ag5 or Ag4 + two heads it becomes tough