28 coaches online • Server time: 08:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The NAF and FUMBBL are pleased to announce the Road to the NAF Championship 2015!

Group page!

Beginning in January, FUMBBL will host the Road to the NAF Championship (NAFC), the first online tabletop resurrection style tournament sanctioned by the NAF. The winner will receive the prize of a ticket to the NAF Championship (worth £55)!

Announcement 16th Jan

We have a late rules change, which should not be applied to every rulespack out there. Please tell me if you find somewhere where it is not.

Tie-breakers for the RTTNAFC will no longer include opponent score. The remaining breakers remain as they are (net TD + net CAS, TD scored, CAS inflicted, random). A forfeit win will be 2-0 on TDs, 2-0 on CAS.

Thanks for your patience with this. Next time, we may be able to bring you opponent score.

This announcement will be relayed via a group PM when we're away.

All,

Thank you very much indeed for your patience. We are there. The rulespack (here or here) has been updated to reflect our new start day (Friday!) and details on making a team and applying to the tournament. This section is reproduced below, after the FAQ. Please pay very special attention indeed to the notes on how we'll be handling inducements; the process will be very much 'by hand'. Bear this in mind when making a team.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, get a team made! Very Happy

GO!

FAQ

Q: I clicked 'save' when picking my skills, but they don't show up on my team page. Is this OK?
A: Yes! You can check and change your skills at any time before kickoff by clicking 'team options' on your team page.

Q: I forgot to change progression to 'none', and now when I try, I 'do not own my team'. What do I do?
A: It's not a problem, don't worry! Everything should work as intended anyway.

Q: How do inducments work? Is this a gentleman's agreement?
A Petty cash should be used in the client to buy your rostered inducements. Christer's eventual plan is to hard code this, it's just not quite there yet. In this case, I will be recording and publishing each inducement taken on Friday and checking every match report. It's not a gentleman's agreement; coaches are responsible for playing by the rules. If they do not, they forfeit the match. I'm confident that coaches can cope with this, and if honest mistakes are made, we can seek solutions if they're spotted up front. I remember many times after reloading the SkiJunkie client when sensible workarounds were negotiated and implemented by coaches in game.

Q: Argh! I have so many ideas! I changed my mind and want to apply with a new team!
A: That's OK. Leave the group with team A, apply with team B. In the event that you leave multiple teams applied (please do not), I will select one at random.

Q: Is there anything to be gained from not spending all 1.1M gold?
A: No. Spend all of the money!

Q: My team isn't in the group yet. How comes?
A: We accept teams every night in batches, please bear with us.

FUMBBL Team Creation and Application to the Tournament

• Teams for the RTTNAFC should be created via this link

o Select your race and team name (see the Useful links section below for advice on making a FUMBBL team)

o On the team page, change ‘Progression’ from ‘Standard’ to ‘None’

o Select all of your players, re-rolls, etc. and click ‘submit for approval’

o Ensure your team complies with the FUMBBL disclaimer pop-up

o The following screen allows then you to select your 6 skills for the tournament

• NAF coaches should record their NAF nick (if different to their FUMBBL username) and NAF number in the team bio section following team creation. This will help us in the recording and ranking of online games

• Any inducements you wish to use should be left out of your team creation process and listed in the team bio

o Example: I wish to create a Wood Elf team with two rostered Bloodwiser Babes. I spend 1.0M of my allotted 1.1M gold crowns and select my skills
o I then write my team bio: NAF name: Purplegoo, NAF number: 11777, Inducements: 2 x Bloodwiser Babes

• When you play a match in the tournament, select your listed inducements when the client loads up as you would normally by spending your remaining treasury

o It is important that you only use the inducments that you have declared in your team bio. For example, the Wood Elf team described above could not decide that in one match, they would rather induce a wandering apothecary than the babes

o In the event that non ‘rostered’ inducments are selected in the client by a coach, the match result will be void and the game awarded to the opponent

• When teams have been created, they should be applied to this group

o Click the ‘group members’ tab and then use the ‘apply for membership’ dropdown

Last edited by Purplegoo on Jan 17, 2015 - 13:28; edited 8 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I just creamed my pants Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Totally awesome!
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Woooooooo awesome!!!!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

A great thing for FUMBBL. Hopefully helps to get more people to go both ways between tabletop and FUMBBL. Will it overlap a FUMBBL major tournament?
So then entrants should be registered on NAF to have matches count for NAF CR? That might be lacking for a lot of entrants on FUMBBL.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it TV1100? Do skills get awarded after each round?

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

will the resurrection option and 1100k team creation be possible after the update on 12th Oct?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ultimate irony would be the winner not actually having models to field at a table top tourney and thus spending an additional £55 to participate.
lemf

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Thanks.
Will enjoy reading this thread
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all, great to see the early excitement!

garyt1 wrote:
A great thing for FUMBBL. Hopefully helps to get more people to go both ways between tabletop and FUMBBL. Will it overlap a FUMBBL major tournament?
So then entrants should be registered on NAF to have matches count for NAF CR? That might be lacking for a lot of entrants on FUMBBL.

I share your optimism, Gary! I love both the NAF (and the style of Blood Bowl we're talking about here) and FUMBBL, and I really hope that we see more cross pollination between the two platforms as tabletop coaches join to play Blood Bowl they are familiar with online, and FUMBBL coaches (I hope) enjoy the new format and take their first steps into the world of NAF events.

The Road to the NAFC will be 6 Swiss rounds, a week a round. With the event being 6 weeks, it's almost impossible not to overlap a FUMBBL Major. I hope there is room in your calendar for both. Wink

I deliberately said 'hopefully' when referencing online NAF rankings in the news post. This is technically challenging, but we are doing our best to make this a reality for NAF members. I think there are many good reasons to become a NAF member, this is one more! I will bring you more news on this as soon as I can.

koadah wrote:
Is it TV1100? Do skills get awarded after each round?

We're looking to use the same rules as the NAFC itself (link in the news post). So teams will have 1.1 M gold pieces to spend. They will receive three normal skills before game one, and two normal skills and a double skill before game four. But I'll go into more on the finer details and how it all works nearer the time.

Roland wrote:
will the resurrection option and 1100k team creation be possible after the update on 12th Oct?

Hi Roland. We're working towards the Road to the NAFC being the first event of it's kind.

mrt1212 wrote:
Ultimate irony would be the winner not actually having models to field at a table top tourney and thus spending an additional £55 to participate.

Hi mrt. Whether you win the Road to the NAFC or not, if you come to the NAF Championship, we will find you miniatures to use. The tabletop community is great at welcoming new coaches, as I'm sure FUMBBL will be when the new functionality is in place.

Last edited by Purplegoo on Oct 09, 2014 - 22:28; edited 1 time in total
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 22:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

Hi mrt. Whether you win the Road to the NAFC or not, if you come to the NAF Championship, we will find you miniatures to use. The tabletop community is great at welcoming new coaches, as I'm sure FUMBBL will be when the new functionality is in place.

Yar, my first NAF tourney I actually had offers for me to use other people's teams since i hadn't any. also gives them one more chance to win best painted!
PeteW

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I have painted orcs, dwarves, dark elves and skaven that anyone is welcome to borrow for the NAFC.

The darkies, skaven and dwarves are propainted and are pretty sweet. The orcs were painted by a ham-fisted cretin. But they did win the NAFC back in its former BloodBowl days... ;P

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I had volunteers to lend any of the 24 Las year.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

How very cool.

Jump to: