73 coaches online • Server time: 23:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

What happens to the teams after the tournament?

Do they stay as is for higher TV res events? Do they get reset? Could they switch to progression?

Assuming the options are generally available to [L]eague events.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all: great news! Cheers to all who contributed to this!

koadah wrote:

Do they stay as is for higher TV res events? Do they get reset? Could they switch to progression?

Considering that those teams are artificially buildt and will not earn spps, I guess they wont be much of an interest: maybe yes, leaving them in [L].

Anyway, I risk to make my own suggestion:
Why not another division ([T] for TT-style Tournaments?) where you may only build a team for each race, but you can always modify it in order to enter different tournaments, thus reducing team names wasting?

My 2 cents
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
Anyway, I risk to make my own suggestion:
Why not another division ([T] for TT-style Tournaments?) where you may only build a team for each race, but you can always modify it in order to enter different tournaments, thus reducing team names wasting?

My 2 cents

Teams could still get W/D/L record which could be interesting despite the non-progression.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

It does not seem likely to me that you get to continue to use a team in progression that you created in non progression... pretty sure thats unheard of in tabletop leagues.. .
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi koadah, Tara. Specifics like what happens to teams, division of play, etc. are a work in progress and we'll be able to give you all of the detailed answers in due course. For now, we just want to whet some appetites. Watch this space. Wink

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %17, %2015 - %16:%Jan; edited 3 times in total
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
koadah wrote:

It does not seem likely to me that you get to continue to use a team in progression that you created in non progression... pretty sure thats unheard of in tabletop leagues.. .

ye, either you play in a league or in a tournament
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Best of luck with it, Goo Cool

Thanks! Smile

Whilst I was lucky enough to press go on the announcement, there is a great team from both sides working behind the scenes, and it wouldn't be possible at all without Christer's hard graft with FUMBBL.

Hope you enter and attend the NAFC!
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Wreckage wrote:
koadah wrote:

ye, either you play in a league or in a tournament

Well, this isn't table top. Mr. Green

I can think of a few reasons not to allow it, but "because table top don't do it" isn't one of them. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I can think of a few reasons not to allow it, but "because table top don't do it" isn't one of them. Wink

You're asking if the moon is made of cheese and complain that me talking about the astronauts not bringing back any is no indication that the moon couldn't be made of it.

EDIT:
Ah wait, let me rephrase that to make sure you get it. 'Because table top don't do it' may not be a reason. That it isn't done however could have a very valid reason. Like, because it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %10, %2014 - %15:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
babass

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I assumed a new category of teams will be created (by category i mean [R], [B], etc). I assumed [T].
Next question will be, i hope we will be able to have tourney-format for several TV (100, 105, 110, ...), and if those [T]-teams will have the possibility to hire some "inducements" for all games (like in tourney, halfling could have a chief for 100k with the budget creation... same remarks with starplayers, brides, etc)
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
koadah wrote:

You're asking if the moon is made of cheese and complain that me talking about the astronauts not bringing back any is no indication that the moon couldn't be made of it.

EDIT:
Ah wait, let me rephrase that to make sure you get it. 'Because table top don't do it' may not be a reason. That it isn't done however could have a very valid reason. Like, because it doesn't make any sense.

You're right. I don't get it.

As a commissioner I can choose to disallow a team because it is overpowered after being built by a coach only playing in a league vs his kids.

I could also choose to allow or disallow a team that was built by playing a non progression tournament and then converted to progression.

Having more teams available for leagues & tournaments makes a lot of sense IMO.

Similarly, being able to create teams at say TV1300 + 10 skills would be interesting IMO. I don't hear of that much on TT.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
You're right. I don't get it.
As a commissioner I can choose [...]

Ok. Yeah. You can choose to allow a coach to change his perfectly fine miniatures for apples and bananas, you can even allow to add the total score in the last beer bong contest to the seasons standings in the 145er league.
But it seems questionable to me what that would accomplish.

Non progressive teams are just that. They haven't earned their skills. They haven't been developed to a point. They just played a couple of artificial games where the outcome didn't matter and their path from game 1 to the last is predetermined.

The final team is nothing but a team with a predetermined number of skills bought at a predetermined rate of treasury.

If your goal is to allow custom teams it shouldn't be dependend on whether they were used in a non progressive tournament. Because they didn't start at a million and they didn't progress properly.

If you don't care why make it dependend on participation in the tournament?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

If you don't care why make it dependend on participation in the tournament?

Personally, I prefer to keep my teams rather than keep building new ones. I would be much more likely to play in a tournament like this is I was able to reuse the team again.
Whether that is reset in another non-prog event or converted to prog and used in other events.

If custom teams will be available soon, that is great.
that sound like a lot of work though so I wouldn't be surprised if they did not come with that update.

Even so, it would be nice to be able to keep using those teams. Just as it would be nice to reuse those teams currently rotting in Ranked and Box. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't understand what you two are arguing about? The more options for the League division the better. End of really.