40 coaches online • Server time: 10:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

heyyy, these apes are quite fun, but the lack of block and dodge is disturbing. Should I have started with 4 RR?
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Rookie game vs dwarves is the best, RIP Gorilla, MNG chimp, retired bonobo. Surprised

https://fumbbl.com/ffb.jnlp?replay=566249

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
heyyy, these apes are quite fun, but the lack of block and dodge is disturbing. Should I have started with 4 RR?
I think I'd have to agree after our match. At least a couple blockers somewhere would help the Apes out. Perhaps give them up to 4 chimpanzees? 2 more wrestlers would help balance them a little, and make them a lil tougher against the brutal dwarves.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

3 rrs is fine any less is suicidal.

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

btw:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&nav=5&race=72
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
Roland wrote:
I think I'd have to agree after our match. At least a couple blockers somewhere would help the Apes out. Perhaps give them up to 4 chimpanzees? 2 more wrestlers would help balance them a little, and make them a lil tougher against the brutal dwarves.

That's too many positionals. They actually dropped one positional as there were too many.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Antithesisoftime wrote:
Roland wrote:

That's too many positionals. They actually dropped one positional as there were too many.
I'd honestly be willing to lose 2 Gorillas for 2 more Chimps, unless you stick block on the Gorillas and leave the rest of the team untouched.

Probably just a lil venting from me though, Dwarves are brutal to play against at low-TV with the apes
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

nah, I like the roster as is.
However, I will proably be using orangutans on the line if I cannot outguard with the gorillas...
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Way to early to say much about the roster, except that it is probably fine and in the lower middle of the power curve.

Thro-rangutans do indeed seem like a decent buy with the AV increase. Gonna be a long time before my team can afford them though. Smile

SunDevil

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to thank everyone who is playing the Simyin! This team is obviously very close to my heart, has been for quite some time, and I truly appreciate everyone taking the time to try them out! I am taking notes on the comments in anticipation of any possible roster tweaking WAY down the road after hundreds of FUMBBL matches. Smile

Special thanks to those of you who have PMed me with your thoughts, ideas and suggestions!

I am THRILLED that, so far, no one finds the team broken or overly powerful. That was the LAST thing we wanted - some overpowered vanity project.

Thanks again and I hope at least some coaches are enjoying them!
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

My favourite game so far was retiring Garion's team after a 2-2 draw. The best turn of the game was grabbing the ball carrier and passing him from one gorilla to the next till the silverback could blitz in and smash him...

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Antithesisoftime wrote:
Roland wrote:

I'd honestly be willing to lose 2 Gorillas for 2 more Chimps, unless you stick block on the Gorillas and leave the rest of the team untouched.

Probably just a lil venting from me though, Dwarves are brutal to play against at low-TV with the apes

Having 4 chimps and 2 gorillas would make it less brutal? I'm not sure I agree (actually I am sure and I don't).

Like any of these vanilla ST 4s they're a long term project. Unfortunately they're overpriced as extra arms isn't very useful on a centre holding ag2.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think all of you guys have forgotten how unfun playing against 1000tv dwarves is with any low AG team. The apes seem closest to Lizardmen, go and play 1000tv lizards v dwarves and see how much fun that is. They seem fine the way they are, perhaps slightly overpriced on the gorillas, but the positional mix seems right. They seem like they would be a great team at the 1500tv mark because they have enough positionals that start with relevant skills.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The apes are neither as strong, durable or fast as the lizards.

They are better at handling the ball though.

But I agree with: 'They seem fine the way they are' Surprised

Fortis

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, what I was saying is that they are as no-fun against rookie dwarves as any of the other no-block rookie teams like lizards or chaos.

Oh wow... the gorillas don't have General access on normals but they get Agility on normals? Is that right? Seems really awful to me not to be able to give your S4 AG2 guys block easily? Especially as they are slightly overcosted as it is.
 Jump to: