75 coaches online • Server time: 23:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
PainState wrote:
I like the idea of having some form of counter to Claw.

Claw reduces AV to 7 and +AV upgrades are added on top of that. So a 2 X +AV player would have a 9 AV against claw or 8 with one +AV.

So there you go, all our problems are solved.

PileOn is only a big guy skill
Claw now has a counter in +AV
Mighty Blow has a natural counter called HIGH AV.

I would roll with these suggestions with a few tweaks

Pile on available to ST5+ players
+AV is +1 to the claw and a natural counter to MB (which it is already)
Big guys immune to claw

This. At this point we should all go home and forward this to C. This is the best and simplest solution.

Next.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

As the self apointed leader of the Big Guys got the royal shaft under CRP committe I would like to present to you our proposal to once again retore balance for Big guys.

* The main problem of Big Guys under CRP is that there are to many Strength access skills now.
What does that mean?
Well it used to be that a Big guy could only get 4 skills. Under LRB4 that meant that a big guy who hit 76+ SPP to 176 Legend Mode was 100% guaranteed 3 Double/+Stat rolls if he made it to Legend.
Under CRP a Big Guy's only guarantee in life is if he makes it to legend on normal rolls he gets the honor of taking Strong arm or Multi Block...woopie de doo!!!!

That is HUGE!!!!

Here is the CRP Big Guys got the Shaft idea to reblance this stupid CRP.

#1: All Big guys start with their normal racial traits and nega traits.

#2: All Big guys start with Break Tackle, Multiple Block, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team Mate, Juggernaut and Strong arm

#3: DO NOT INCREASE THEIR TV AT ALL for these extra skills they get, they are allready TV bloated because some dude sitting in his underwear in a basement playing with his metal toy pixel players, fondiling them in a very weird way, who wrote CRP had it out for the big un's, he did!! We have copies of his e-mails and tweets showing how he was going to "get dem".

#4 Now big guys can only take 4 skills: Grab, Guard, PileOn and StandFirm. Of course our mutant freaks have access to the only mutation they need: CLAW!!!!

Now a Big Guy who reaches 76+ is 100% guranteed a double or +Stat. When he reaches the summit of legend he gets another double/+stat.

With these changes now big guys are worth it, they are impactful and rightfully feared by all J-men across the globe.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually like that PS. Although it makes Yeti OP!

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Painstate's suggestions, but I don't think I'm leaping too much when I say our mate PS is biased to hell over big guys Wink

I'm a big fan of the K.I.S.S. rule - KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

That's why my suggestions have been no more than bulletpoints.....That way I don't overload my already full brain Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
I actually like that PS. Although it makes Yeti OP!

I don't mind that snow trolls are OP.

What would that mean?

Coaches flock to the banner of the Norse roster to use the most OP big guy of all. Is that a bad thing? I thought we wanted to see more teams in the box besides the Big 5?

LOL, HO HO HO!!!!

Surprised Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Calcium wrote:
PainState wrote:

Claw reduces AV to 7 and +AV upgrades are added on top of that. So a 2 X +AV player would have a 9 AV against claw or 8 with one +AV.

Big guys immune to claw

This. At this point we should all go home and forward this to C. This is the best and simplest solution.

Next.

It's nice to have someone agree with me here, it feels weird Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just reminded that I forgot one more point.

The last buff for big guys is to buff Multi-Block: You can use Multi-Block on a Block OR BLITZ action!!!!

Big guy rolling down hill into a cage and blowing it up into kindling wood.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a fan of buffing big guys, that will generally just encourage bad play.
(it is so easy to play big guys badly)
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Calcium wrote:
PainState wrote:

Big guys immune to claw

Next.

Well I flat out disagree. You are overbuffing big guys and ruining the ruleset.

Piling On is a strength skill. You can't make it a Big Guy skill and invent an whole new category. That's just dumb.

Also Piling On is not the problem on its own. In fact, piling on represents a gambit - you lose your player's tacklezone as part of it. It helps to create openings for agility teams.

If you make it available to only ST5+ players, you make the game worse. You're all too obtuse to see it.

The +AV mod, and big guys immune to claw (a skill 'thick hide' or something) would be more than enough and repesent tweaks which will help rebalance the game.

Ripping out piling on is not a tweak. It flat out changes the game. You will then be faced with a whole lot of new balance problems that you haven't foreseen because you are so het up about this one issue (clawpomb).

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You are right of course, making Piling On available to big guys only or ST5+ wouldn't be great. How about making it a skill like Hypnotic Gaze that nobody can learn and just start all Big Guys with it?
They would really be worth their points then when a Mino could become a clawpomber after one skill!

Last edited by JimmyFantastic on %b %16, %2014 - %00:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
They would really be worth their points then when a Mino could become a clawpomber after one skill!

I still to this day sit back in amazement that coaches who like to play Chaos teams do not take Minos on their roster. They CPOMB up at 16+ SPP which takes, what, 6 matches? And coupled with Horns and 1 assist they 3DB on a blitz all those chumps littering the Blood Bowl pitches.

Last edited by PainState on %b %16, %2014 - %00:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
[Well I flat out disagree. You are overbuffing big guys and ruining the ruleset.

I KNEW IT!!! Chainsaw was that dude sitting in his underware in a basement fondling his pixels and spouting all that anti Big Guy BS on twitter to influence CRP!!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Simple piling on nerf:

You can only pile on after a block action, NOT a blitz action (just like multiple block).

Oscar Wilde
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Simple piling on nerf:

You can only pile on after a block action, NOT a blitz action (just like multiple block).

BRILLANT!!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
Yeah, on further reflection all the points here are good. I still like big guys being immune to claw, and I do like the suggestion that PO can only be used for injury, if for no other reason than to shut up all those *snip* that bleat on about clawPOMB.....

Im playing in a league where PO is restricted to armor rolls and no player in any team has developed this skill.
There are two reasons for it:
Lack of AV 7 teams
PO on armor rolls has only a slight mathematically advantage over those of injury rolls for a great tactical disadvantage.

Shouldn't be PO restricted to armor rolls if even?
 Jump to: