21 coaches online • Server time: 04:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The Xhotl Sun Gods' Kroxigor Tlaxconqua got niggled by a werewolf in the last turn our our last game. Seriously wondering what I should do.

I am basically settled that I will keep him on and let Nuffle decide. Even if he rolls a normal next skill, a Block/Guard Kroxigor is pretty damn handy. Even so, what do you all think?

What SHOULD you do with a niggled Kroxigor??

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

sack him, slann take a lot of hits and they need that guy to be reliable and protaect the rest of the team.
Relezite

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree, keep him S5, AV9, and Block will keep the niggle from triggering that often.

Slann have bank problems, I tend to ride some injuries out longer than I would on richer teams.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking that block made him a lot more valuable than one without. Besides, the story I am writing would want me to keep him for a game or two anyway. I agree with both of you in different ways.

Be interesting to see what others think.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

A big guy is the last target for most teams, and this one has block, making him even more durable. I'd be surprised if he fell over even twice a game...

Let's assume he takes 2 armor tests a game, then, a generous number, and that the average guy who does it has Mighty Blow but no claw/PO. (A fair estimate for Ranked, right?) 1/6 of the time, his armor breaks without PO... the niggle is then relevant on a 6 or an 8 (1/6*10/36 = 15/324). 1/9 of the time, the armor roll is a 9, and the niggle is relevant on a 7 or a 9 (1/9*10/36 = 10/324).

So that's 25/324 rolls, 7.7 percent, making the niggle only relevant (converting a stun to a KO or a KO to an injury) every 6-7 games.

And honestly, a lot of the time, the difference between a stun and a KO or a KO and an injury isn't even THAT relevant. Sometimes a guy gets KOed in the last drive or stays in the KO box, and might as well be injured. Sometimes a guy gets KOed late in a drive and comes back for the next one, and he might as well be stunned. So this harms you in a substantial way maybe once every 10 games, with the krox missing on average half of those 10% of games, making the player's value approx. 95% of what his uninjured value would be.

So if you'd pay 180k for an uninjured krox with block, this one is still a good deal at 170k. Personally, I'd pay about 200k for a krox with block, probably more -- knowing that the next one probably won't have it soon or ever. Maybe even a bit more than that at low TV on a skill-light team like Slann. This is still a good player.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him until he gets injured again. He's got the skills to still be an asset and unless the opponent starts rolling fuckballs-high for armor, a niggle won't slow him down. Another injury though, and you feed him to the skinks (er, slann) in small bites after the game.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep, esp w/ 15 spp. Kroxs don't get spp very fast.

Maybe you'll roll 4,6 and be tempted to take +AV. Wink

(The real question is what to take if he rolls normals or doubles.

Guard or Stand Firm are the classics (doubly so w/ Block). Guard for a team w/ very little of it, and Stand Firm will make him even less of a Target for casual Blocks and Blitzes, and works the best w/ PT.

Otoh, maybe Break Tackle to get him away clean from killers who mark him. :/

And Dodge on doubles - Blodge to keep him standing even more, and as complement to BT next.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
 Jump to: