81 coaches online • Server time: 21:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fabulander

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone mentioned using d8's to make GFI's less easy. I think there are two other good solutions here.

1: Unlimited GFI's at cumulative -1 modifiers. First GFI is 2+, the next is 3+ and so on. This makes every team potentially dangerous on turn 8 and 16, but also increases the damage to teams that can't restrain themselves.

2: Going For It adds a -1 modifier to dodge rolls. This just makes so much sense intuitively, and should be a bigger nerf on fast Ag4 races who rely on 2+ dodges with team re-rolls for the GFI's to pull of those annoying long plays just a bit too reliably. This would also make one-turning VERY diffucult if the opponent defends deep.

I prefer #2 for the small, intuitive change and the deliberately elf-nerfing effect, which helps to justify the bash-nerfs of NTBB. OF course, they could be combined to make extreme speeds possible but very unreliable.
Fabulander

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Another option (just for the heck of it): Sprinting beyond your natural capabilities is very risky, so failing a GFI adds 1 to the armour roll.
kilinrax

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I like both suggestions, but where does the first one leave Sprint?
Joemanji

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

This would make (and I used the Samba calculator) the chance of a one-turner with a Sure Feet WEs or Skaven about 50% against the best possible defence. That's ridiculous and utterly game changing. That's not even considering Leap, +AG, Side Step etc. Would change the landscape way more than CPOMB.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling on for Big Guys only
Remove Chaos Pact from the game
Somehow make more than 1 of the Mutation skills an attractive selection
DP/Sneaky Git combo gives a +1 armor AND +1 injury, as well as sneaky git's current use. A combo special! By themselves the skills do not change.
Remove Decay from Tomb Guardians
200k wizards
90k-100k gutter runners

I'd be interested to see how that stuff would shake out.

ps All this D8 & D12 stuff gives me heartburn. Discount for a guy with a broken leg gives me heartburn. PLEASE cripple my skeletons!!!!!!!!! -MA, -AG I don't care!
Fabulander

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Joemanji wrote:
This would make (and I used the Samba calculator) the chance of a one-turner with a Sure Feet WEs or Skaven about 50% against the best possible defence. That's ridiculous and utterly game changing. That's not even considering Leap, +AG, Side Step etc. Would change the landscape way more than CPOMB.

#1 is actually a pretty old idea, I think last time I heard it discussed was on a threediceblock with Plasmoids recorded a few years back (if memory serves). I agree that it is a radical change, and would probably serve better as a house rule. I think sprint would mean one extra 2+ before the modifiers start taking effect. On the other hand, I think #2,is a pretty sensible way to reel in those dodging elves and their too-easy re-roll management. This is important since there should be a realistic chance of them failing crazy long plays, especially if a hypothetical LRB7 stymies the bashing game a little. CPOMB is likely to feel the knife in any new rule set, but that shouldn't mean auto-wins for elves.

Beerox wrote:
Discount for a guy with a broken leg gives me heartburn

Not a discount, since TV isn't price, just an adjustment to take lower usefulness into account. If players die when a stat reaches zero then your AG1 skeleton hasn't just lost any desperate 4+ ball handling options, he is also slightly more likely to die from future injuries. If you don't care about -MA then that's just your luck I suppose. The whole point is to make the result of a Serious Injury something other than 'auto-retire' or 'effectively dead'.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Fabulander wrote:
Someone mentioned using d8's to make GFI's less easy. I think there are two other good solutions here.

1: Unlimited GFI's at cumulative -1 modifiers. First GFI is 2+, the next is 3+ and so on. This makes every team potentially dangerous on turn 8 and 16, but also increases the damage to teams that can't restrain themselves.

2: Going For It adds a -1 modifier to dodge rolls. This just makes so much sense intuitively, and should be a bigger nerf on fast Ag4 races who rely on 2+ dodges with team re-rolls for the GFI's to pull of those annoying long plays just a bit too reliably. This would also make one-turning VERY diffucult if the opponent defends deep.

I prefer #2 for the small, intuitive change and the deliberately elf-nerfing effect, which helps to justify the bash-nerfs of NTBB. OF course, they could be combined to make extreme speeds possible but very unreliable.

no. stupid as stupid as stupid as joemanji says below

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Fabulander wrote:
point is to make the result of a Serious Injury something other than 'auto-retire' or 'effectively dead'.

The are tons of very cool players running around fumbbl-land with permanent injuries. Their coaches have deemed them to be worth their TV. That's pretty cool.

A 3-man Orc frontline of 4329 fodder for 90k total TV ... c'mon man. Not cool.
Fabulander

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Not very likely either, but you're right. It could backfire pretty badly.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think an injury could reduce the TV, but only the proposed additional TV from multiple skills. So if your 3rd and 4th skill cost an extra 10TV each, an injury could at that point remove the extra 10TV.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Heres a small suggestion!

Wouldnt it be good? if we could spend some of our treasury (and by 'some' I mean a fair portion of) on purchasing new Kit's of Armour?? for our -AV players?.. I think it should be possible. Perhaphs the cost to replace armour would increase depending on a players TV

Maybe we could also pay some magicians a nice ammount of our hard earned gold.. in order for him then to heal a smashed hip?.. or fix a broken neck!.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Or maybe we can spend "real" treasury to help support the server costs for a potion! Smile
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

My Changes

Doubles on Piling On action (either Armor or Injury) results in stunned Piling On player in addition to whatever results are rolled for the recipient of the Piling On.

Sneaky Git is identical to this new Piling On except works for Fouling and instead of stunned it is ejection, but still carries the armor must break for ejection to take effect.

Sure Feet allows reroll of TTM landing rolls.
Sure Feet allows reroll of Leaps.

Bombardiers accrue SPP from CAS caused by bombs.

Chainsaws accrue SPP from CAS caused by chainsaw blocks.

Beastmen lose Strength Access except on Doubles.

Pestigors lose Strength Access except on Doubles.

Pro Elf Catchers are 10TV Cheaper

Slann Blitzers are 10TV Cheaper

High Elf Catchers start with Dodge and are 20TV more Expensive

Goblin Fanatics with Thick Skull can suffer KO result on Knockdown and remain on the pitch, albeit in a stunned state that then follows to prone on the next turn.

Goblin Fanatics can use Multiple Block and not move.

Goblin Fanatics can accrue SPP from CAS generated on prone and stunned players.

Mummies don't have Decay

Norse Throwers have Sure Hands instead of Pass.

Rat Ogres are 10TV cheaper.

Minotaurs are 10TV cheaper.

Chaos Dwarf Blockers have AV8.

Vampires have 60k Rerolls.

Casualty Table is changed so that:

Catastrophic Injuries - 61-64: Roll D8 Twice. Treat each result as if 5 had been the leading digit on the Casualty Table. Example would be rolling 6-1, then rolling 4 and 5 would result in Smashed Ankle and Serious Concussion. Apothecary can Reroll the initial 61-64 roll but not subsequent injuries.

Less Drunk Apothecary Change:

Apothecary rolls a D6 - on a 4+, the Apothecary can not roll identical result on CAS table. For example: if he rolls 6-5, reroll until the result is something other than 6-5 through 6-8. For the 5-1, 5-2 paired permanent injury types, reroll until the result is different than the resulting permanent injury (Example: You roll 5-1, if the resulting two D8 results are 5-1 or 5-2, reroll until the result is neither 5-1 or 5-2). Badly Hurts function identical to current rules.

Star Players are changed from 0-2 to 0-3

Hired Mercenaries only cost 20TV more than their respective position.

Weather results on Changing Weather Kickoff result can not be identical to current Weather.

Attempting an interception is only a -1 modifier, not -2.

Spiraling Expenses Kicks in at 1850, rather than 1750.

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %27, %2015 - %05:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
lemf

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
My Changes

Sure Feet allows reroll of TTM landing rolls.
Sure Feet allows reroll of Leaps.

Now that's the best suggestion of all and very minor,
Thought of this one for years Smile
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadowing can get a slight boost? Instead of 7 make it an 8... Or 6... I forgot how it works

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
 Jump to: