58 coaches online • Server time: 20:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Replaysgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Thoughts on the Pump Wagon...
Leave it alone!
37%
 37%  [ 18 ]
Remove No Hands, add Extra Arms
60%
 60%  [ 29 ]
Remove No Hands, AG2
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

thoughts about snots?

[1] they are squishy

[2] nom

[3] not in the face!!!

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I play a (regen then apo) system that the only thing team rating does is calculate winnings. And my Snotling/Troll team have taken so few casualties they've got really developed and are now holding their own against much better rosters due to not taking injuries and staying competitive. Money means little to them as they don't have to replace very often.
paradocks

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure how (or if) this could work in the client, but I'd like to see the wagons immune to bomb blasts (or perhaps only hit on a 6) but keeping no hands.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

New coding isn't an option at the moment. There are a couple of things that would be good to add (special rules) and you're definitely onto something there about wagons and bombs; but there's nothing that can be done right now.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
m0gw41 wrote:
I personally like snots, I would rather play with them than horrors or Pflings.

You, sir, need to have your head examined. PFlings, and especially Horrors, are super fun to play. Snots are so unattractive they are one of the few teams I've never even attempted.

As for 'least fun team'? That distinction goes to Slaves imo.

I do like Horrors and PFlings, I just don't get how to play them!! Maybe I like the TTM too much...

Agree that Slaves are pretty dull too to play with and especially against.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2015 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

0k, after 5 games with snotlings I have a qusteion:

wth is the splatta wagon for?!??!

last 3 games my opponent just had to breathe in its direction to make it leave the pitch Razz

also, how many pump wagons are optimal? one or two?
Dominik

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2015 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Two, snotlings die anyway. The splatta wagon has to be carefully directed. I use it on defense to hunt lone rangers in my half of the pitch.

Last edited by Dominik on %b %31, %2015 - %03:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2015 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Wagonz are an important part of the fluff. But boy balancing these guys and keeping them fluffy is a pain. I don't know what to suggest anymore and I'm really not motivated to start another team to come up with ideas.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2015 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Two, snotlings die anyway. The splatta wagon has to be carefully directed. I use it on defense to hunt lone rangers in my half of the pitch.

Oh, ok. Gonna try that. Thx!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2015 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You understood what a ranger was?
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2015 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

hey, these little buggers are actually quite fun!
still haven't got any good use for the splatta wagon though... pump wagons are easier to move.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Splattas are pretty decent once they get a couple of skills (G access of course). Its just getting there that is the tricky part. I think to have any success with snots you've got to be disciplined about using any of the carts, don't go too far into enemy territory without assistance, don't take on too many blockless 2dbs (they fail way too often) and don't gfi unless you have to.

This is especially true for the weaker Splatta's. I only really use them on offence if possible, they are often easy targets but with 6 MA you can sort of get them into reasonable positions and to provide assists. Whilst they are blockless sometimes its better not to hit with them if it gives up position on a 2db fail, just go back the other way. Even hitting one of your own snots with 3db can be better.

However as always with snots sometimes you just gotta chuck out the guidelines and hit as many of the oppo as poss!

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

How about giving the mobs extra arms aswell?
I mean if the wagons got EA...

It would make them a little more elfy, but still very slow.
Maybe the'll need a price adjustment if so
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2015 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

They'd be getting really heavily described then. Also we'd have to come to a definitive reasoning for them to get it.

The wagon, most definitely has more than 1 snotling aboard it. That is clear, so extra arms is more than one snotling reaching out to get it.

Snotlings themselves, let think of as uncountable nouns for a minute. "That area of the pitch HAS snotling".

So this means that they aren't actually regenerating, just that there's so many of the bloody little things around, there's another that takes the place. Or you've removed more than one, but not the one with skills, but it left the pitch at the same time. They're impossible to manage.

This also means that in an area of snotling, there is more than one head. This can work in kind of unison. However this is a passive skill. Where as picking up the ball or catching the ball is an active one. It's slightly different and would mean that more than one area of snotling has more than 1 snotling actively playing. Blocking, tackling etc. I'm not saying they're not, just that if you added extra arms, then it opens a new can of oysters.

From a stunty league point of view, we try to keep rosters different. EA I think is a key skill for a roster, especially with so many bombs around. Maybe better saved for a 'bomb team killer' team.
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2015 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, you're probably right, just trying to improve them Smile
I like that the wagons can catch bombs now, it was a real achilles heel before...

I've always thought of regen on mobs that they're so many so they can regroup for the next drive.
However, one can also see it as a roster that is more than 16 players I guess.
 Jump to: