54 coaches online • Server time: 22:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Thoughts on the Pump Wagon...
Leave it alone!
37%
 37%  [ 18 ]
Remove No Hands, add Extra Arms
60%
 60%  [ 29 ]
Remove No Hands, AG2
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2015 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

what is a good amount of RR with snots?
I'm currently at 3 and feeling quite 0k with it, but I see others running 4.
Is 4 RR worth it?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I just started a new Snotling team, and after 2 games, I'm finding them to be a blast. Granted, my new Snots are 2-0-0, having played up 490TV and 230TV
The 490TV difference was played against Strigs, with a well developed Lord (block, tackle, mighty blow), and 3 similarly developed Strigs. The other match was a slightly developed Skink team.

Some stats:
TDs: 3 for, 0 against. 2 of the TDs are the result of my Splatter Wagon getting a hold of the ball and simply chaotically moving down field.

Casualties: 12 for, 4 against. 3 of those casualties were caused by Snots on blocks. 3 were caused by wagons and trolls. The other 6 were fouls.

After 2 matches I do believe snots are a rather balanced team as far as stunty goes. They seem to sweet spot when playing 200-500TV up, simply because inducing a 4th big guy, and being able to field upwards of 7 high strength players, allows them to dictate the field (until a wagon fails anything, or a troll goes stupid).

Roland: I've not yet needed more than 3 RRs, but I'm also playing a bit with a pair of assistant coaches and cheerleaders, so I've managed to pick up 2-3 RRs a game on kick-off events. A 4th RR might be worth it, but have you really needed more than 3 regularly? If you find that you're often a RR short at key moments, I'd consider a forth. If you regularly have a RR on turn 8, or rarely need to use them, 3 should be fin
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

A bit early for your conclusion don't you think? Both coaches were rookies and you won the block war, by far. The Skink team was definitely the underdog on my card, even though they had more TV. That Strig team's scarey though........they're a bit fickle.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
A bit early for your conclusion don't you think? Both coaches were rookies and you won the block war, by far. The Skink team was definitely the underdog on my card, even though they had more TV. That Strig team's scarey though........they're a bit fickle.
I rarely take CR into consideration, especially in Stuntee Leeg. I've seen more than a few coaches who have several hundred games in Stuntee, but are rookies in CR due largely to Stuntee not being a ranked division. Not to mention, I've been between Rookie and Super Star more than a few times in just the last couple months.

That said, I do agree with you that the Skinks were definitely underdogs in that match. And yes, I did win the block wars. But in a lot of stunty (and lets face it, a lot of Blood Bowl matches, period, winning the block war often wins you the game. It's a big reason why ClawPOMB is so popular
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh don't get me wrong, winning the block war is important. I just think, what would your opinion be if you lost the block war, or your opponent had the nous to deal with losing the block war? Or how you'd feel playing down or at a different TV?

I'm not necessarily getting at you, just your experience is 2 matches and in a similar situation (albeit 2 very different teams).

High TV I'd take 4 rrs. I'd do that on any 1700 plus stunty roster. Maybe the 4 low TV rosters, I might not.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Are Snotlings really so weak? No they're not.

My Snotling team has a positive record after 15 games https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=822640 with both TD difference and cas difference positive.

They are one of the most fun races to play, but they are good as well. That is because some strong points:

1) 3 Trolls - Trolls are generally considered the weakest big guys, but having 3 of them in stunty is big time. You can have potentially three 3-dice-blocks per turn and this can result in lotta damage you inflict. Then if you roll doubles Trolls become really nasty and the amount of damage you inflict increases big. On normal skills break tackle is a must, as you want to move those slow and clumsy guys.

2) Wagons - once you understand how to use wagons they become a nightmare. I mainly use them to hit grounded opponents, is basically a foul and you can repeat this for each movement the wagons have. Using them combined with Snotling's sidestep you can move the Snotlings around the field and that's good (a wagon can push a Snotling close to a lonely Troll so he can move). Also, in desperate situations wagons create big chaos. Now that the pump wagon have extra arms they also have a chance to intercept their worse enemy (bombs)

3) widespread diving tackle and sidestep - Snotlings can defend well because diving tackle/sidestep combo. Assuming they aren't hit hard, they can slow opponent's advancing and in this way they give time to Trolls to come back and attempt a blitz on the ball carrier.

4) regeneration+apo - with regeneration on linos and Trolls and an apothecary you are sure you will not run short on players (well, assuming regen works). This is a big advantage as you can throw the Snots in the mayhem trying to slow down opponent, not caring for their life and being almost sure that even if they are injured they'll come back in next drive.

5)Stunty+Two heads - slow they may be, but Snots have the chance to move well around pitch as they dodge easily, so opponent will always find at least one them close to the ball carrier, and this will slow him.

6) TTM - obviously good. This gives you the chance to score in one turn, you always must take +AG on Snots so you have more chances to land on your feet.

Snotlings have only 2 big enemies: bombs and speed. They suffer a lot against Horrors and Gnomes, and they can be easily taken out of position by super-fast teams like Eshin and Skinks.

Last funny thing: everyone picks Snots to play against, they are hugely underestimated so opposing coaches always think they will have easy game. Well, they are wrong.

Give Snots a chance. They are good indeed.
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, they're pretty good when coached well.
But when regen fails... Brrr
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
Are Snotlings as a team really so weak? [...]

Fixed that for you.

You are correct that the team has quite a potential for inflicting damage, but as Roland points out, once you start taking hits it can definitely hurt the team. Three Trolls is fun, but if there are no Snotlings left to support them, you don't really have a proper use for them either.

I feel that the Snotlings in a competitive Stunty Leeg need to rely an awful lot on hit-and-run attacks, using the Trolls and Wagons to get people down, followed up by mobs fouling the crap out of anything that must get off the pitch.

Jump to: