65 coaches online • Server time: 19:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

So mr and DrPoods were chatting last night about doing some build challenges to spice up the game a bit - what do I mean by a build challenge? I mean making a player who fulfills a role through uncharacteristic and unconventional skill picks: In a word - Horny McHooves

Basically we cycled through a bunch of big guys who we'd make into unlikely ball carriers. I kind of want to do a Beast of Nurgle ball carrier but realized that he doesn't come with Mutations on normal rolls. Despite you know...BEING ON THE TEAM KNOWN FOR THEIR MUTATIONS, GOOD JOB RULES COMMITTEE, REAL FINE WORK HERE! DID YOU DESIGN THE FORD PINTO IN YOUR SPARE TIME?

Anywhoo...

I think Mutations are necessary for actually making a ridiculous Big Guy ball carrier somewhat competent - the extra arms alone is a huge boon to the build but throw in Two Heads (which you pair with Break Tackle) and now we're cooking!

With that said, The Warpstone Troll really seems to be the only other viable candidate for a player anyone can build into a ball carrier besides the chaos mino. Anyone want to do some silliness in Ranked or Box and report back on the misadventures?
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

GL

mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 01:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think you'd have a lot more success with an Ogre than a Warpstone Troll. I think you're perhaps overvaluing Mutations compared to that extra Ma and Ag that an Ogre has (which is better than extra arms). Either a Pact or Human Ogre would be my choice.

I carried a lot with Blasio until his recent untimely death on a 2+ dodge.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

chaos minotaur! ag2 and mutations on normal
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Cure the CD 'Ball Carrier' woe's and Make a CD Mino'yards

=D

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I think you'd have a lot more success with an Ogre than a Warpstone Troll. I think you're perhaps overvaluing Mutations compared to that extra Ma and Ag that an Ogre has (which is better than extra arms). Either a Pact or Human Ogre would be my choice.

I carried a lot with Blasio until his recent untimely death on a 2+ dodge.

No doubt, i considered the ogre but ultimatley i dont think its much of a challenge considering that you can play Ogres and thats just what you have to do.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 01:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
No doubt, i considered the ogre but ultimatley i dont think its much of a challenge considering that you can play Ogres and thats just what you have to do.

Yeah, but on a Human team it'd be cool. It's not like there are hundreds of Ogre success stories Razz
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
Cure the CD 'Ball Carrier' woe's and Make a CD Mino'yards

=D

Oh God!! Mino'yards??? That is just crazy enough to work... Not like we are talking about massively streamlined builds anyway...

But, Wild Animal would make it extremely difficult. AND mutations on doubles? That's a helluva challenge.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been doing this for a while now.
Here are mine:

Kazmaierius Kerrunch

Wilhelm 'Generator' Amper'e

Quickbeam

& newly added for this challenge.
Introducing: Splinter Stheel

Last edited by Nightbird on %b %14, %2015 - %13:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
Kalessin

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

This, dear sir... this is madness:
Nightbird wrote:
Halfling Treeman

We are not worthy, congrats!
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalessin wrote:
This, dear sir... this is madness:
Nightbird wrote:
Halfling Treeman

We are not worthy, congrats!

Hah!
Lost alot of games & failed alot of takeroots, right at the goal line, trying to score w/ him!
Good luck to you all in your attempts.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

My Treeman Thrower worth noting a lot of the passes were thrown to my other Treeman (Catcher).

The tables on the player profiles are woefully out of date as I have not played them in a long time.

My Box Kroxigor is currently on a run of 9 TD in 9 Games (with only 2 games without a TD) and has also picked up 2 Passes along the way.

I tried a Mino but he kept dying and it's a lot easier than others to do.

The Challenge is to see a Mummy Thrower/Scorer...

Good luck with anything you fun and interesting enough to pursue Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat Ogre would be interesting, has a higher opportunity cost when using him in favour of an Ag4 ball handler when compared to a Minotard. But with speed, ag2, and frenzy I reckon the Rogre would do very well even without taking any mutations.

Join the Human League Premiership!
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I am in with this Mino! I was planning, and still am planning to make him a Break Tackling Two Headed Cage Breaker. The AG helps this as well. Next Skill will be two heads for Sure.

Jeffro
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
Rat Ogre would be interesting, has a higher opportunity cost when using him in favour of an Ag4 ball handler when compared to a Minotard. But with speed, ag2, and frenzy I reckon the Rogre would do very well even without taking any mutations.

My blind spot! Yeah, a Rogre would be cool and especially so if he gets lucky with doubles.
 Jump to: