25 coaches online • Server time: 08:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

For me, it's any team that's reliant on bunching up in the middle of the field. Undead fall into that category for me, with the mummies and zombies. So do both flavors of dwarf, though I haven't played much of either, and lizardmen. So I guess my blind spots are teams where the ball really has to be funneled to one of a few guys, and teams where the individual players can't match up one-on-one with anyone.

Orcs don't qualify here, really, because the black orcs can hold their own one-on-one and the blitzers/throwers are versatile. But on the face of it. there's no reason to think of them as THAT different from the above teams, so maybe I should give dwarves or undead another chance. I don't know.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Timetis

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You make the Nurgz look like a loveable bunch of misfits!
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
akaRenton wrote:
Any elves. I'm spectacularly awful with them.

Seconded.

Thirded. I mean I am 0/2/12 or something with Woodies. Perhaps it is in my head but I just lose constantly with them. Other Elves aren't much better.

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO IT??!??!?!

It's interesting as I would say Chorfs I find to be an easier race to play. Gotta love bloodbowl. Something for everyone.

(Elven bastards).

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Every race gives me that weird feeling. At times i can pretend it is not there, but ofc an illusion only ever can last so long.
coombz

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

any team with average strength and no AGI...

there's no get out jail free card (i.e. STR advantage or easy dodging) to save me from my bad positional play Sad

That's Trailer Park Life.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

necromantic and chaos dwarves

when I play those teams, I get a weird feeling that the universe is out of alignment

Kinda like Guinan did in that TNG episode with Tasha Yar.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

High Elves for me. Other elves I can win with, just not them.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:

when I play those teams, I get a weird feeling that the universe is out of alignment

Great reference!
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Arktoris wrote:

Great reference!
Seconded
Just saw that episode this morning in fact. Good episode
Kalessin

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires. And it'll probably happen too when I play slann... they are just too damn weird. Still trying the bloodsuckers, tough.

And elves... damn elves.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably.... The Khorne Roster

Jeffro
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizards... I've tried them a little and I should have some idea of how to use them based on having played against them enough and watching them enough. But somehow they are ridiculously wrong when in my hands.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizardmen. Haven't even tried to play them, the thought alone gives me a weird feeling. Even though I find playing against them usually rather interesting and fun.

Same goes to only a little lesser extent for Chaos Dwarves (only that I usually don't enjoy playing against them that much).

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I have several races that I have yet to play a single match with so that I can't answer, but playing against it's definitively Lizardmen for me. I just can't figure them out.
albinv

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Havent tried them all.

But i do especially bad with cdorfs and skaven. Cdorfs just seem to feel like a chocolate cake with mustard to me. Hobgobbos av7, tough but slow dorfs and then those mad cows. I dunno what to do with that. Also my sympathy is little. They just seem to bring too much extremes that normally couldnt be combined that easily - bordering on being cheesy to me.

Skaven are awesome. Unfortunately i cant play them at all and might never improve. While ofc there are many errors in an average coaches plays, in essence it boils down to me not being able protecting the av7 linos. I really suck so much with skaven its hard to accept at times.

Last edited by albinv on %b %27, %2015 - %12:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
 Jump to: