57 coaches online • Server time: 15:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pro Bloodlustgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
joec911

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I thought I would get some veteran opinions of how to best strategize.

Pro elf vs Undead. I'm due 80k for inducements, I have 11 with a journeyman, and 30k in the bank. Am I best suited to:

-Pay nothing and take the single babes
-Pay 20k and take 2 babes
-Pay 10k for a merc lineman and foul until he's tossed

Or, you know some other strategy I hadn't thought of.

If you're Tom and reading this... Hey man, check out my strategy!
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well first off, I'm pretty sure you can't just pay 20k to get 2 babes. It doesn't work like that as far as I know. Not sure exactly how much you have to put in to get the second babe, but I think you'd need to pay the entire 50k which you don't have, but I don't ever use my bank so this would need to be confirmed by someone who knows for sure. Also that would allow your oppo to get 50k in inducements. Again, someone in the know should confirm.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

He would need to pay 100k to get two babes, then the oppo would get 20k for free.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

paying anything will be a waste. I would take the babes and pray that they help.

Jeffro
joec911

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird and C3, I'm already getting 80k in inducements, my TV is under theirs.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

joec911 wrote:
Nightbird and C3, I'm already getting 80k in inducements, my TV is under theirs.

You have to understand that as soon as you add any bank gold your TV goes up changing the dynamic as C312 was telling you.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's the least intuitive thing in Bloodbowl. I understand why, to an extent...but no not, really.
joec911

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoa...so many incorrectly played home games!
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure they do.

(Re-?)Read CRP p. 28, "2. Transfer Gold from Treasury to Petty Cash". The FIRST thing that does, BEFORE you calculate Inducement money (which is the next step, Step 3), is it adds to your TV - yes, before Inducements are calculated.

SO... you add 20k cash, and now your team is +20k TV larger and you only get 60k in Inducments, but you can add that 20k of your own money to that. Add 80k, and you're now the same TV (so 00.0k in Inducements), but you have 80k of your own money to spend. Add 100k, and you have 100k to spend, and you are 20k bigger than he is, so HE gets 20k in Inducements. That's how it works, it's not cheap.

Fun, huh? Cool

(This starts to make more sense if BOTH teams are throwing money in.)

Meanwhile, back to the original question - if the Undead team is very bashy, take the (one) Babe, 50k, and call it good. If they're not particularly scary, if you think you can survive without, take a Dirty Tricks Card can hope for something good. Save it for when you need to score, OR can do all (or most) of 1) Stop him from scoring AND 2) Recover the loose ball AND 3) Score.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 09:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Become goblins and get one bribe!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

babe or dirty trick seem both reasonable options. Take a dirty trick only if you feel lucky.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Petty cash is good if you are like 40k under. You add 50k, take a babe and your opponent will have. 10k to do nothing.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

If you had cash to burn and the win is important, you could buy 1 Assistant Coaches and 2 Cheerleaders, and still get the 50k (whichever). But with 1 j-man already and only 30k in the bank, it's pro'ly not worth it.

PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Elves need more cheap star players imo
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

150k isn't a terrible place to start for Dolfar, but DElfs start at 200k for Eldril. Great player, but such a gap before you can afford him.

But, yeah, no cheap variety like some other teams. Nothing like 80k for Boomer. Sad

Jump to: