25 coaches online • Server time: 08:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Play amazons.

But if everybody played sub 1500 zons, wouldn't this potentially affect your number 1 status?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
bghandras wrote:
Play amazons.

But if everybody played sub 1500 zons, wouldn't this potentially affect your number 1 status?

You can't make nr.1 using amazons. They have a lose-on-default condition. Best you can do with them is improve your average. No way to win every game Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Not with that attitude! The only lose on default is the one you make for yourself!

'Do some hitting of your own' isn't really that sustainable as your main strategy. Position well first. That's the important thing. If you try and shoot for hitting first, you're trying to beat them at their own game, a game you'll never be able to play as well as they do. You'd not blunt Elves by going MB crazy, this isn't massively different.

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %16, %2015 - %16:%May; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
bghandras wrote:
Play amazons.

You can't make nr.1 using amazons. They have a lose-on-default condition. Best you can do with them is improve your average. No way to win every game Smile

He pretty much has though, with some low TV Norse too.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I refuse to believe anyone can farm low TV wins reliably in Blackbox. I thought that was impossible?! Shocked

In all seriousness though, why jab at the guy? He can play Blood Bowl as he chooses. Lots of people get lots of wins in similar ways, and it's not a nefarious way of operating. OK, his response was tangential to the topic, but it's a bit rubbish shooting at him because it's his turn at number one.

On the one hand, the community accepts CR is not that big of a deal and can be misleading in some cases. On the other, sitting on top apparently makes innoccuous posts a target. I'm glad it's someone else's go. Wink
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Only Duncan from Blue has the skills to farm low TV wins reliably in Blackbox.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Anything Duncan from Blue can accomplish, a reasonable human being can accomplish. The jury is still out on if he actually can put a city on lockdown, but in this sort of thing, I have faith in our man.

Less so Lee Ryan. I suspect shoelaces may be beyond him. And every member of 5ive.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Wreckage wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
bghandras wrote:
Play amazons.

He pretty much has though, with some low TV Norse too.

He did? Quite amazing.
Oddly enough he only faced dwarves 4 times and chaos dwarves even never! Amazing track record for the box. Smile
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol excellent stuff Goo!

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

foul the cpomb every turn

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Some random thoughts:
1. Amazon is ont an autoloss against dorfs.
2. Amazons are very good against killstack.
3. Yep, I was heavy onto zons until I felt there is nothing more to learn about them. Now I am on norse. (Previous projects were dark elves, wood elves.)
4. I sad many times that CR is not coach skill. Let me repeat again: CR does not equal coach skill.

P.S. I don't avoid dorfs with amazons at ranked. Nor cdorfs.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Since CR is meaningless Christer should remove it, so people will stop caring about it.
Kam

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not 100% meaningless, however, I'd be up for removing CR from regular games, and keep it only for tournaments.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:

P.S. I don't avoid dorfs with amazons at ranked. Nor cdorfs.

I was referencing your box zon team. You surely must have noticed. Of course your record against the 4 dwarves was also good. Still I have a feeling there was a good bit of luck involved in drawing the right matchups and ending with that winning streak.
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 10 win streak with Norse pole. Yes, luck is involved, as always. That is quite obvious when we speak about bbowl. Smile
But at least I could be lucky with other races too.