47 coaches online • Server time: 17:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
licker wrote:

Why is this guy on the LOS anyway? You have TGs to stick on the LOS.

I agree this expensive skeleton shouldn't be on the LOS, but placing TGs on LOS is not a strict rule.
If you play vs clawpomb they are going to be removed from the pitch very quickly.

Eh...

Sure you can throw skeles up there when facing mass cpomb, but even so, a lot of teams cannot deal with 4x ST5 and ideally some guard on the los.

Even cpomb teams.

All depends on what the TVs are though.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
koadah wrote:

I don't think that I have ever turned down +ST.

Do you take +ST even on Snotlings?

I would, and have. Repeatedly.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a +ST wrestle fend skellie on my undead team and I love him. Keep him and let Nuffle bless him to ST5!!!
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

pubstar wrote:
This is just absolutely petty. So now part of 'The Game' is only respecting coaches that play the 'right way'? Please, publish a list of coaches I'm meant to respect in the next GLN, to make sure I don't misplace some respect!

It is just a bit sad that some mathematics on TV and never having any non key skill combos seems to take over all decisions for some coaches, and as some of those like Bghandras and Ratsalat are very "vocal" on the forums it somewhat saps the fun element of the game. And make no mistake I'm sure HM and others with similar viewpoint try as hard as they can to win a game once it starts.
Yes block would go better with s4 and Guard but it is still a useful player, and an interesting one. And possibly it will get block later.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
koadah wrote:

I don't think that I have ever turned down +ST.

Do you take +ST even on Snotlings?

I would, and have. Repeatedly.

nice. Snotling only team is not really the norm though.. I'm not sure it would help Ogres but maybe one would come in handy.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
pubstar wrote:
This is just absolutely petty. So now part of 'The Game' is only respecting coaches that play the 'right way'? Please, publish a list of coaches I'm meant to respect in the next GLN, to make sure I don't misplace some respect!

It is just a bit sad that some mathematics on TV and never having any non key skill combos seems to take over all decisions for some coaches, and as some of those like Bghandras and Ratsalat are very "vocal" on the forums it somewhat saps the fun element of the game. And make no mistake I'm sure HM and others with similar viewpoint try as hard as they can to win a game once it starts.
Yes block would go better with s4 and Guard but it is still a useful player, and an interesting one. And possibly it will get block later.

It's ok, it is petty in a sense. However Pubstar's looking for a fight and nitpicking, I have no real interest in that.

Pubstar is a model example of how the game should be played in the current environment, so if he wants to throw shots at me meh..... I'm not interested.
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Perfect storm for an internet forum:
1. Swap the cause and the effect in the argumentation
2. Spice it up with some bias
3. Demonize the other side of the argument
4. Add personal insult
Yes, this is all meant with sarcasm. Will see if this brings the "better" or "worse" out of this forum.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Perfect storm for an internet forum:
1. Swap the cause and the effect in the argumentation
2. Spice it up with some bias
3. Demonize the other side of the argument
4. Add personal insult
Yes, this is all meant with sarcasm. Will see if this brings the "better" or "worse" out of this forum.

1. This is definitely not the case. TV management is clearly the cause of questions like this.
2. How am I biased? My win % hasn't suffered much in the new era. I could join the gain, just I know fundamentally it's wrong and is leading to the game becoming more and more elitist without a healthy fluff side to bring in new players.
3. Do you believe your win % especially of late is healthy? Do you believe your team management is having a positive effect on the environment? Do you believe that without the team management skills you have, you'd be winning as much?
4. I don't think there's anything personally insulting. You've only recently been mentioned (bar a drunk throwaway comment by me which was mainly ignored). However as you're probably gaining the most out of playing the system it's come back to you. I think you're an ok guy, this is about your and other's play styles.

I admit internet bickering is pretty pointless. The thing about this site is that it's a game we play together with a forum to discuss said game. So the difference is what is discussed here does have an effect on how we interact with each other.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol. Oh dear.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

@Harvestmouse
I answer to No1. All the rest is put up as food for though. There is no name attached to it. If I wanted to direct to you, I would have done that.

1. I think that TV, and especially the rules are the cause, and not the effect. Lets say I would change my playstyle, that would not change a word in the rules. Nor would anybody else's change in playstyle would change the rules. So I simply don't accept that people are the cause instead of the rules. The way how play is a reflection of the rules, so this reflection is the effect of the rules.

You may perceive that changing people is easier than changing the rules. If you assume that rules wont change, then you would probably try hard changing people. But I find this so wrong on multiple levels.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, that's a good argument. Generally I'm on the side of authority compared to liberalism but not by much. So I don't agree, but I do see your point.

My point of view is this:

I have been playing this game since nigh on the start. As a GW game the fluff was integral, and without the internet to discuss tactics, gaming the system and passing that advice on wasn't common.

I'm in Blood Bowl for life, I can say that now I think. My worry is that we have some severe flaws and no way of addressing them. I am seeing powergamers come in and abuse those flaws. What happens if they abuse it enough that there isn't a new blood, it's becomes too niche? The powergamers aren't winning as much as they want and move onto a new game.

In short you move into my environment, break it and move on. I think as a community we do have an affect on some aspects of power gaming. An example being some of the Scandinavian Zon box minmaxers stopped. I think pier pressure or pier respect had a lot to do with that.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I think pier pressure or pier respect had a lot to do with that.

http://i.imgur.com/zkkK5Ev.jpg

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
I think pier pressure or pier respect had a lot to do with that.

http://i.imgur.com/zkkK5Ev.jpg

He he he, fair play. I'll take that one on the chin!
koadah

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

I'm in Blood Bowl for life, I can say that now I think. My worry is that we have some severe flaws and no way of addressing them.

"The commissioner's word is law".

The commissioner can do what he likes if he thinks it is a large enough problem.

Things have been changed. More things can be changed and probably will be if the commish thinks it is appropriate to do so.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The commissioner wanted to, regarding another issue. However I think how vocal those that wanted to stay to the official ruleset were, surprised him.

Therefore he has kept to the official rules. In his position I would have done the same thing.
 Jump to: