34 coaches online • Server time: 10:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

great turnout tonight
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Oh 3 activated already. Maybe can do it...Activate!

Surprisingly it got to a 6 player/3 match activation. My Undead faced Orcs. Was going well at 1-1 and receiving with 2 player advantage in the second half, until t12 I did a monumental mis-click. Skull-both down blitz with block zombie v rookie Orc as I went to advance. And apparently I clicked skull. As only quad skulls could have lead me to a failure without mis-click it makes me think it would be nice if skull was automatically not chosen when you are not in wide zones. But my momentary stupidity/rushing/tiredness cost me. Nuffle then laughed as I could have still got away with it if not for snaking the ag4 ball carrier dodge next turn..
But at least good to get evening games!

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
garyt1 wrote:
Oh 3 activated already. Maybe can do it...Activate!

Surprisingly it got to a 6 player/3 match activation. My Undead faced Orcs. Was going well at 1-1 and receiving with 2 player advantage in the second half, until t12 I did a monumental mis-click. Skull-both down blitz with block zombie v rookie Orc as I went to advance. And apparently I clicked skull. As only quad skulls could have lead me to a failure without mis-click it makes me think it would be nice if skull was automatically not chosen when you are not in wide zones. But my momentary stupidity/rushing/tiredness cost me. Nuffle then laughed as I could have still got away with it if not for snaking the ag4 ball carrier dodge next turn..
But at least good to get evening games!

Indeed. I'll start bumping this thread in the future when I have time in the evening for games and see if we can get a similar turnout.

I'll also remember to actually score early enough to win against Malmir. I fear and respect him too much to go for the win but that ends now!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

How is it that all the people interested in Fantasy Football seem to be from Europe? Why don't the US have a player base?
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

We do have a player base. They seem to prefer to play in Ranked and League though.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
How is it that all the people interested in Fantasy Football seem to be from Europe? Why don't the US have a player base?

I blame GW.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Wreckage wrote:

I blame GW.

What just confuses me that I read in somebodys I think linked article that GW was of the opinion BB isn't lucrative because people outside NA are not interested in American Football.

So, I take it BB hasnt been promoted in a while but if that is the case it would only make sense that their original ad campaign in the 80ies and 90ies would have mainly targeted the United States and the European playerbase is in fact the anomaly. ...How many people live in Europe? 450 million or something? And NA 533 million with 350 in the US?
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it could be that most potential coaches are to busy setting their daily fantasy roster for baseball on fan duel or some such to win real money and since BB is just fantasy and no potential to win money, lame.

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that BB is at least somewhat related to rugby so it's not a far reach for any of the rugby playing nations to understand it.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
So, I take it BB hasnt been promoted in a while but if that is the case it would only make sense that their original ad campaign in the 80ies and 90ies would have mainly targeted the United States and the European playerbase is in fact the anomaly. ...How many people live in Europe? 450 million or something? And NA 533 million with 350 in the US?

There weren't many GW stores in the US so they wont have targeted it there. They mean that in the European core not many people are in to American Football.
Though they rarely support non-Warhammer games for long anyway so I don't think that was the reason. I'm sure they got a lot of BB game sales but people don't need to buy a lot of models for them. Which is a problem for GW with all gang/sport/small warband related games. Also there isn't as many rules to keep changing from version to version as Warhammer where order of play and magic etc get changed.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

In some alternative universe, GW promotes BB as a flagship product and hosts tournies at their stores on a monthly basis and holds a grand North American tourney annually. The year is in 1999 and I have just started an interest in Warhammer.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a GW store in New Orleans. It was very over-priced, and had very few Blood Bowl products.

The local gaming stores here on the MS Gulf Coast are more reasonable, and generally have more Blood Bowl stuff.

I think over-all it is still very hard to compete with online sales.

But to get interested in the game, I suppose it needs to exist in the stores.

The guy at the GW store in New Orleans will play any game you like. He had a bunch of Hobbit, and Warhammer & 40k fields setup to teach newbs.
pubstar

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
There is a GW store in New Orleans. It was very over-priced, and had very few Blood Bowl products.

The local gaming stores here on the MS Gulf Coast are more reasonable, and generally have more Blood Bowl stuff.

The guy at the GW store in New Orleans will play any game you like. He had a bunch of Hobbit, and Warhammer & 40k fields setup to teach newbs.

There's a GW store near me in Columbia, but they have no Blood Bowl products, and the last time I was there the employee had never heard of Blood Bowl. It was sad times.

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

pubstar wrote:
BillBrasky wrote:

There's a GW store near me in Columbia, but they have no Blood Bowl products, and the last time I was there the employee had never heard of Blood Bowl. It was sad times.

Never heard of Bloodbowl?

Anyone want to go on a roadshow demoing Blood Bowl?
pubstar

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
pubstar wrote:
BillBrasky wrote:

Never heard of Bloodbowl?

Anyone want to go on a roadshow demoing Blood Bowl?

"Blood Bowl Roadshow derailed after 1 stop; arrests for public intoxication and threatening to 'kill all mens'. More at 11"

Jump to: